Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'ma let ya finish, I'ma let ya finish, but The Sopranos is the greatest TV show of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww\aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Those of you who haven't, watch Dexter. It's not The Wire or Breaking Bad standard consistently but it is very good and season 4 of it gives anything the aforementioned shows have produced a good run for their money.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I'ma let ya finish, I'ma let ya finish, but The Sopranos is the greatest TV show of all time.

Tis a good shout, out of everything I've watched GoT, the Wire, Sopranos, The Walking Dead & a few more the West Wing was my favorite proper series, unbelievable show. Band of Brothers though is my favorite overall short series/overall series.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Paully D wrote: »
    Those of you who haven't, watch Dexter. It's not The Wire or Breaking Bad standard consistently but it is very good and season 4 of it gives anything the aforementioned shows have produced a good run for their money.

John Lithgow is outstanding as Trinity. Really nailed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

The Wire is comfortably the best TV series, nothing comes close imo. Absolutely fascinating how they cover so much of a city using the same core of actors. Equally fascinating how there's no household name in the cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

THFC wrote: »
    The Wire is comfortably the best TV series, nothing comes close imo. Absolutely fascinating how they cover so much of a city using the same core of actors. Equally fascinating how there's no household name in the cast.

Yeah no well known actors worked better for it because it meant everybody got their share of screen time.

Although now it's hard to watch films without goings 'I didn't know McNulty/Omar/Stringer was in this.'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anyone ever break their wrist snowboarding? How long to heal if so

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

RasTa wrote: »

Lol, yes. Around 6-8 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

THFC wrote: »

Meh I will take Breaking Bad over it any day.

Also don't get the Game Of Thrones love. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jesus the bdo darts is dire

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Guess who's going to be reffing in the West Sussex U-14 B league from now on

In case you can't make out what he says to Lescott, "they've paid 62 quid over there, go see them"

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Guess who's going to be reffing in the West Sussex U-14 B league from now on

Why? hes dead right

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Why? hes dead right

He is but I don't think the FA will see it that way.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

He is but I don't think the FA will see it that way.

really? i dont think they would even bother looking at that type of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

RasTa wrote: »

Bit late now, but for future reference, get a pair of something like these;
    http://www.allsportprotection.com/Docmeter_Double_Protection_Snowboarding_Gloves_p/docm0004.htm

Have saved my wrists on a number of occasions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I offer all Liverpool and United fans, whos homes were taken from them, refuge here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I also offer all Man Utd & Liverpool fans cards/bans if they post here about soccer.

Please see this
    No on topic discussion This is for non-soccer discussion, any rivalry, fighting or discussion of soccer related items will see the thread closed immediately.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

klose wrote: »

was awful.....i stopped watching and had a best of 5 set match against my brother....but i lost 3-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I also offer all Man Utd & Liverpool fans cards/bans if they post here about soccer.

Please see this

Thanks.

No sure if I run the risk of a ban here myself, but wouldn't it be better just to hand out the bans rather than trying to protect people from their own stupidity?

• Advertisement

No sure if I run the risk of a ban here myself, but wouldn't it be better just to hand out the bans rather than trying to protect people from their own stupidity?

I'll answer this one question on here, but anyone looking for further clarification drop a Mod a PM please.

It's a tough one to call as there was a lot of people from both sides trolling/flaming not just today but the few days leading up to the game and it all went around in circles and seemed to kick off this morning. It's something we're looking at though.

In an ideal world we wouldnt have to hand out bans and cards and everyone would get along but we all know that aint happening anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

klose wrote: »
    Difference in quality compared to the PDC final a couple of weeks ago was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

To you American Football fans:::

Who is your money on now to win Super Bowl?

Patriots look formidable, but think Falcons could give one last surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I asked this elsewhere, thread got blocked.

Bieber vs Ronaldo=Who could pull the most legit 10/10s on a given day.

'lad banter' suits here i guess/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I like the Ravens, especially since we went out. :( And with Lewis going this year, it'd be fantastic to see them win it.
    EdenHazard wrote: »

Christ.

So eh...American Football or Breaking Bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I like the Ravens, especially since we went out. :( And with Lewis going this year, it'd be fantastic to see them win it.

Christ.

You can get decent price on them at moment. Near 10/1.

Dolphins fan myself. We will never win bloody thing again it seems.:o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I would make a crack about posting it in the ladies lounge, but that'd be insulting to them :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Funny twitter reply.

A_jKSAuCQAAM9x0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

markie29 wrote: »
    was awful.....i stopped watching and had a best of 5 set match against my brother....but i lost 3-2.
    Daemonic wrote: »
    Difference in quality compared to the PDC final a couple of weeks ago was shocking.

Yeah worlds apart alright, the guy won it with an 85 average i think, even at times he had 6 darts to finish o shea was so far behind. Bad advertisement for the game i thought, the finishing was horrendous.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82677113

Ah-Heyor-672x480.jpg

Why did I click that link?....thanks Gav.:pac:

The West Wing is the best TV show ever.

IvySlayer wrote: »

Love The Wire too and Soprano's from a few years back, getting Breaking Bad Series 1/2 soon off a mate, see what I make of it.

seems you guys aint comfortable with your sexuality, its all good :)

anyway watched never say never again(50th time), damn that movie makes me wanna be famous too bad! just so slick they go to the garden the day justin is performing, and becks is just there backstage, drake and a few others too. unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

IvySlayer wrote: »

Just started season 2,great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ever happen to any of ye, where ye had the chance to do something, delayed it and now its gone all wrong

:(

Ever happen to any of ye, where ye had the chance to do something, delayed it and now its gone all wrong

Story of my life :(

Sad news about HMV. Another step towards Gamestop owning the gaming market entirely which would be terrible. I know Smyths are around (not much better than Gamestop) and Tesco sell games (games on release is usually decent priced) but HMV were consistently one of the better ones for games, as well as blu rays.

Happens to the majority of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

seems you guys aint comfortable with your sexuality, its all good :)

anyway watched never say never again(50th time), damn that movie makes me wanna be famous too bad! just so slick they go to the garden the day justin is performing, and becks is just there backstage, drake and a few others too. unreal.

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Irish Army, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on IRA, and I have over 200 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Irish armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Europe and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Irish Army and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over your chest and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, Hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Kells... wrote: »
    What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Irish Army, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on IRA, and I have over 200 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Irish armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Europe and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Irish Army and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over your chest and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, Hazard.

Kells... wrote: »

LMAO
    Mirin' the profile pic buddy, also the shoutout to me. Much love. Stay Beliebing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Why isn't your profile a pic of him?

PM in a bit if you want,don't want to discuss him on a forum due to peoples views on him sadly,went to one of his concerts a while back was great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

LMAO
    Mirin' the profile pic buddy, also the shoutout to me. Much love. Stay Beliebing ;)

Jesus man, no need for the bad language.

@ Eli, did I hear something? Must have been a ghost :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I was being PC in saying it doesn't belong in TGC.....really I don't think it belongs on boards....or the internet :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fúcking looking for a room to rent in Dublin is stressful! Haven't done this in 4 years.

Sigh

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Sad news about HMV. Another step towards Gamestop owning the gaming market entirely which would be terrible. I know Smyths are around (not much better than Gamestop) and Tesco sell games (games on release is usually decent priced) but HMV were consistently one of the better ones for games, as well as blu rays.

Happens to the majority of people.

Yeah it's a pity about HMV, are probably the best place for getting games and browsing for stuff to download. Refuse to buy in Gamestop as everything is about 10 euro more expensive than other shops on release. Tesco is hit and miss picked up the original Mass Effect a few weeks ago as it was a tenner, ME3 was going for 35 and the second was going for 60...in Artane Halo 3 was still going for 65 a few weeks ago.:eek:

Have found Smyths have improved over the last few months price wise though.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yeah it's a pity about HMV, are probably the best place for getting games and browsing for stuff to download. Refuse to buy in Gamestop as everything is about 10 euro more expensive than other shops on release. Tesco is hit and miss picked up the original Mass Effect a few weeks ago as it was a tenner, ME3 was going for 35 and the second was going for 60...in Artane Halo 3 was still going for 65 a few weeks ago.:eek:

Have found Smyths have improved over the last few months price wise though.

Ah you're probably right. Smyths are a tad better. Good thing about Smyths is that if you didn't pre-order a game that contains pre-order bonuses, Smyths tend to overstock and likely have a spare going. Last CoD and FIFA I didn't pre-order, strolled in on the morning of release and picked up both copies that came with pre-order bonuses :pac:

Gamestop's only advantage is the exclusives, limited edition of games. GTA coming out shortly is one of of few games I'd fork out for the limited edition, rather not pay a single cent to them but Gamestop have that locked down for only their outlet in the US, GB and here as well I'm sure of it. I can honestly see them in the near future go back to charging 69 quid for a regular game like once upon a time ago with the likes of GAME did.

Tesco is an oddball but as I said, if you buy games on release, namely the triple A titles (FIFA, Call of Duty, etc) they'll be cheaper than Gamestop. Couple of weeks later they usually go up in price as you pointed out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Certainly sad news hopefully it doesnt mean they will be shutting doors and something can be done, Im not into buying games but do buy quite a good few blu rays, and there the only decent one around really for Blu Rays if you dont want to wait on them to be posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Certainly sad news hopefully it doesnt mean they will be shutting doors and something can be done, Im not into buying games but do buy quite a good few blu rays, and there the only decent one around really for Blu Rays if you dont want to wait on them to be posted.

Whispers that Game are one of 10 interested parties who are considering taking over HMV.

The figures for store's business over Xmas were released this morning & the majority bar Primark had a fall in trade.The spike in the rush only masked the shortfall.I reckon we'll see even more household name stores closing.

BTW, anyone looking for a bargain in BluRay,DVD or games should head to one of those Cash Convertor stores,the one in Wexford had all PS3 games for €10 recently & Bluray for a fiver.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement