Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Any idea when the Walking Dead is back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

10th of February afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Yeah 10 of feb in the Us.

15 Feb on Fx over here .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

GoT > TWD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Any idea when the Walking Dead is back?

The single most depressing show I have ever watched :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The single most depressing show I have ever watched :(:(

its brilliant though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

its brilliant though

Season 2 made me want to give up though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

If anyone wants to do a good deed for the day please give this a few seconds of your attention, it's to help an Irish Soccer fan coaching an U9'S team in Germany!

http://collegetimes.ie/irishmans-german-under-9-team-close-to-dream/

apologies to mods if this is not allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Keno 92 wrote: »

THPS 1, 2 and 3. Good times.

edit - The first Underground game was good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Blitzkrieg Bop was the song I remember out of THPS on the PS1. Loved that game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

God damn I loved those games!

Dem soundtracks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Season 2 made me want to give up though

I didn't actually find the second season too bad, I only finished it last week cos I wanted to finish the comics first, and watched it all over a few nights so that may have helped rather than waiting a week for each episode. The Sophia plotline drags out a bit, but it's an improvement over the comic in that
    her death, and Otis' death actually have an impact on the storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Would any of you know of any good hostels in Edinburgh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Isaksson's save from Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

zerks wrote: »
    Isaksson's save from Messi.

Would not say it was way over the line like commentator said, but it did look like ball did cross line fully for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Blitzkrieg Bop was the song I remember out of THPS on the PS1. Loved that game!

Gabba Gabba Hey :D

But We're a happy family or Endless Vacation are better songs, imo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I saw my new born niece Ruby for the first time today, she spent the first week in hospital as a precaution. She came home Monday but work commitments ment I couldn't see her until today.
    She's the first child born in our family since I popped out 29 years ago. It has brought our family closer together and given us something to look forward to.

One of the best and most amazing days of my life. Now all I need to do is claim her for Forest before her United Dad or Pool Uncle co-opt her onto the dark side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

grenache wrote: »
    I saw my new born niece Ruby for the first time today, she spent the first week in hospital as a precaution. She came home Monday but work commitments ment I couldn't see her until today.
    She's the first child born in our family since I popped out 29 years ago. It has brought our family closer together and given us something to look forward to.

One of the best and most amazing days of my life. Now all I need to do is claim her for Forest before her United Dad or Pool Uncle co-opt her onto the dark side.
    Go United Dad :pac:

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Go United Dad :pac:

He should get the away kit in baby size for her,that'll set her on the right path in life.

When my little lad was born one of the first things I bought was a United kit,it's now framed & hanging on his wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Zebo and sexton both gone off injured in the rugby, awful news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Can't stand Sexton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

G.K. wrote: »

Scored against Guam recently in East Asian Cup 2013 qualifying!

The youtube video I made still gets views most days, currently has 35,686 :D

baz2009 wrote: »
    Can't stand Sexton.
    Talented player though, ROG showed how important Sexton is to Ireland yesterday, was sorely missed!

D'Agger wrote: »
    Talented player though, ROG showed how important Sexton is to Ireland yesterday, was sorely missed!

Yesterday showed how important old ROG was to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Guardian football weekly is on soundcloud!

http://snd.sc/Ymfnip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hey folks,

You know anywhere that will serve pancakes tomorrow evening? 7:30 ish?

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Hey folks,

You know anywhere that will serve pancakes tomorrow evening? 7:30 ish?
    Like anywhere? In the whole world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Everyone seen Mark Wahlberg on the Granham North show?

Beyond brilliant, hes absolutely pissed, the part with the nurse is too good.

Vids:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Like anywhere? In the whole world?

in Dublin, sorry I thought most of the lads in here knew I was in Dub and that I had it as my location.

My bad.

Trilla wrote: »

in Dublin, sorry I thought most of the lads in here knew I was in Dub and that I had it as my location.

My bad.
    Ah right, locations don't show on touch site. Don't fancy making them yourself no?
    Can't beat the home made lads :)

Any of ye watch "Suits"? Have the first season ready to watch, but I dunno, I'm a bit unsure of it. Worth a go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

baz2009 wrote: »
    Any of ye watch "Suits"? Have the first season ready to watch, but I dunno, I'm a bit unsure of it. Worth a go?

do it!

do it!

Only 20 minutes into the first episode and thank you. Just, thank you.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This has to be posted when Suits is mentioned.

RZXY7.gif

My favourite US show on TV along with Person of Interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I like Suits. Bit formulaic but entertaining nonetheless.

Great show, with great characters, great women and a great theme song!

It isn't on the level of BB/Wire/Sopranos etc. but it's entertaining and fun.

• Advertisement

Must start watching that show....although I never have time for shows thesedays :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Have any of ye ever watched Sons Of Anarchy? There was a few mates chatting about it on Facebook last night and 1 lad said it brilliant but about 10 more jumped in and said it was absolute crap. Was gonna give it a go but don't think I'll bother now.

Have any of ye ever watched Sons Of Anarchy? There was a few mates chatting about it on Facebook last night and 1 lad said it brilliant but about 10 more jumped in and said it was absolute crap. Was gonna give it a go but don't think I'll bother now.
    I was recommended it too. Watched the pilot, it was ok. I'll give it a few more episodes before I make up my mind on it.
    The whole biker gang thing doesn't exactly fill me with confidence but it's got Ron Perlman in it, the man has one hell of a sized head on his shoulders if nothing else.

I like it, but then again the biker gang aspect really appeals to me. Can be fairly outlandish, but it's fairly entertaining if nothing else. Charlie Hunnam's accent wrecks my tits, though, like it did in Green Street. Regularly changes from Californian to Australian to Cockney, even though he's from Newcastle.:confused:

I was recommended it too. Watched the pilot, it was ok. I'll give it a few more episodes before I make up my mind on it.
    The whole biker gang thing doesn't exactly fill me with confidence but it's got Ron Perlman in it, the man has one hell of a sized head on his shoulders if nothing else.

Watched every episode so far,latest season has only started at stupid o' clock on RTE.The twists,turns & backstabbing are great,worth sticking with as it draws you in.The whole bike gang thing is pretty much secondary to the story.

BTW, The Walking Dead is back:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Thanks lads. I'll probably give it a few episodes and decide then.

@ Zerks....never watched The Walking Dead. I heard it's very good but I just can't stand anything with zombies. They do absolutely nothing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Haven't watched Sons of Anarchy but have gotten very mixed reviews about it so probably wont. Making my way through Mad Men quite slowly, am 8 episodes in and it's interesting enough but not exactly kicked in yet I feel, it could do with being made by someone like Showtime or HBO more than AMC as it is not really gritty enough for what it entails so far, although Breaking Bad pushed it quite far on the same network.

Californication is a very good show for anyone who hasn't watched it, good fun, a bit like a more grown up Entourage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

@ Zerks....never watched The Walking Dead. I heard it's very good but I just can't stand anything with zombies. They do absolutely nothing for me.

Zombies are secondary in it though, only finished it myself recently because I wanted to catch up on the comics first but I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Liam O wrote: »
    a bit like a more grown up Entourage.

Curious to see what they do with the film of Entourage now that its been confirmed.

On Sons Of Anarchy I really like it, only seen the first two seasons then lost track and keep meaning to buy the boxset. But what I have seen would certainly give it the thumbs up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Never watched The Walking Dead but the game is brilliant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement