Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Johner wrote: »
    Never watched The Walking Dead but the game is brilliant.

I was looking for a new game to play so was looking at a few on youtube.

I have never watched or even known what TWD was about so to say I nearly **** myself when the cop attacked your man is an understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Johner wrote: »
    Never watched The Walking Dead but the game is brilliant.

Am looking forward to playing it....also not sure if I should be excited or worried about the one starring Daryl and Merle that is coming out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Watched the whole series of Prison Break over the Christmas as hadn't seen it before. Thought it was very entertaining, gets very farfetched but enjoyable nonetheless. Some great characters in it.

I'd also recommend the Walking Dead, I wouldn't be put off by the Zombie element at all. When shows go down that type of road, it's very hard to get it right. They have it nailed in TWD though and it makes for compelling viewing.

Just getting into Rescue Me now, finding it good so far. Then I have the West Wing, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men to get through. Should be enough to last me the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Blatter wrote: »
    Watched the whole series of Prison Break over the Christmas as hadn't seen it before. Thought it was very entertaining, gets very farfetched but enjoyable nonetheless. Some great characters in it.

I'd also recommend the Walking Dead, I wouldn't be put off by the Zombie element at all. When shows go down that type of road, it's very hard to get it right. They have it nailed in TWD though and it makes for compelling viewing.

Just getting into Rescue Me now, finding it good so far. Then I have the West Wing, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men to get through. Should be enough to last me the year.

First season of prison break was so good. Just never got into the second season when it aired. Been meaning to watch the rest since its on netflix.

TWD is fantastic, but sometimes it moves far too slow, there was a period in season 2 where it was hard to watch weekly for me. I heard though they since changed writers, which you can tell. Season 3 is glorious, overall the whole show is as well.

I only seen rescue me on late night rte, it seemed decent. Must give a look at suits and SOA.

BB obviously is great, and as ive said many times, its all about game of thrones.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

First season of prison break was so good. Just never got into the second season when it aired. Been meaning to watch the rest since its on netflix.

TWD is fantastic, but sometimes it moves far too slow, there was a period in season 2 where it was hard to watch weekly for me. I heard though they since changed writers, which you can tell. Season 3 is glorious, overall the whole show is as well.

I only seen rescue me on late night rte, it seemed decent. Must give a look at suits and SOA.

BB obviously is great, and as ive said many times, its all about game of thrones.

Season two of Prison Break was good to very good IMO, not as good as season 1 though of course.

I miss T-Bag :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Watch seasons 1 and 2 of Prison Break. I warn you not to venture any deeper. I stopped watching a few episodes into the last season when it aired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

It should've stopped after two seasons but the cash cow got milked dry on that show unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Justified & Person Of Interest are also excellent.Channel 5 are showing them over here but I prefer to get them first from 'my American friend';)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

zerks wrote: »
    Justified & Person Of Interest are also excellent.Channel 5 are showing them over here but I prefer to get them first from 'my American friend';)

We must have an American friend in common:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Am looking forward to playing it....also not sure if I should be excited or worried about the one starring Daryl and Merle that is coming out soon.

The game is brilliant. Played it by episode when they were releasing it, couldn't wait to play the next one! Must start it again choosing all different options

• Advertisement

Started Suits last night....very enjoyable, some very good, witty, back and forth dialogue in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Blatter wrote: »

The West Wing and The Sopranos are the two best TV shows ever made, imo. Felt very sad when I got to the end of both of them.

Mind you, I finished Fringe last weekend, and that was outstanding as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The game is brilliant. Played it by episode when they were releasing it, couldn't wait to play the next one! Must start it again choosing all different options

I only got it recently and played an episode a day. One of the best games I've played, definitely going to play it again soon and do everything different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Forgot the other day to tell everyone who hasn't to watch Always Sunny in Philadelphia, probably the funniest show I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

It's Always Sunny is class. Was recommended by someone here so I gave it a look. Season 8 is up on Irish NetFlix on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I gave Always Sunny a go. Laughed a lot through the first season, but it soon wore thin after that for me. In the end I wasn't arsed to finish some episode I was watching in season 4 and was glad to be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm rewatching "A Bit Of Fry and Laurie". :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Currently watching IRIS II Episode 1 & 2. Took them 4 years to make a direct sequel but I'm delighted it has happened. K-dramas rarely get second series.
    IRIS aired in 2009 and was a huge hit (even though the ending was a kick in the balls). If you don't mind subtitles and it sounds like your kind of show, give it a shot. It's on dramafever and hulu if you use VPNs or can be easily found on google ;)
    Pro. F wrote: »
    I gave Always Sunny a go. Laughed a lot through the first season, but it soon wore thin after that for me. In the end I wasn't arsed to finish some episode I was watching in season 4 and was glad to be done with it.

Feel the same way but I still watch occasionally.
    Justified & Person Of Interest are also excellent.Channel 5 are showing them over here but I prefer to get them first from 'my American friend'wink.png
    We must have an American friend in commonbiggrin.png

Hey, you guys should try illegally downloading them instead of bothering your American friends :P.

My friend in the States just sent me the latest episode of Person Of Interest,have to get the latest ep of Greys Anatomy for the missus now.

Anybody following the latest series of Spartacus (War Of The Damned)? Love Spartacus,ott violence & filthy:)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just downloaded the "Flick Shoot" football game for android, it's addictive as hell

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

My friend in the States just sent me the latest episode of Person Of Interest,have to get the latest ep of Greys Anatomy for the missus now.

Anybody following the latest series of Spartacus (War Of The Damned)? Love Spartacus,ott violence & filthy:)

Spartacus is the most ridiculous programme ever made.

My last post seems to have killed this thread stone dead. Sorry about that.

Way to wreck the thread brah

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I'm not sure what I hate more: Justin Bieber or a fella going to a concert with his family being newsworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sons Of Anarchy is fantastic fun. Highly recommended. One duff season but apart from that its really worth the investment.

Suits too is hugely enjoyable. Clearly defined characters, well written and quite light.

Other shows I'd recommended apart form the obvious:

Forbrydelsen(The Killing). Seriously, if you haven't seen this yet get to it straight away. A police drama of the highest order, season 3 finished recently enough and was the last. Each season has one story arc with plenty of twists and turns.
    Superbly written and acted, we really are talking about some of the bet tv out there.

Alias. An oldie but a goodie. Girl gets recruited to secretly work for the CIA(or so she thinks) but all is not as it seems. More twists than a 60s music promo, it's ridiculous most of the time but all the better for it. It really is brilliant fun and you will become very attached to the characters. 5 seasons in all, I never actually finished season 5. The box set has been sitting under the stairs for the last few years. Found it on Netflix and so am in the process of finishing it.

Has anyone mentioned American Horror Story? Bonkers but brilliant.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Way to wreck the thread brah

:pac:

Nah...we're back on track again. Unless this post kills it all over again :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Started watching dexter the other day on netflix and am season 2 already, season 1 had such a great story! Really good show, something different from the other crime/police type shows out there.

Angel batista is mah boi :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Chuck... everyone should watch Chuck. Well, the first 3 seasons at least. 4 tails off in comparison to the previous three and season 5 is the final season. Watchable to complete the series, but I will maintain until my death bed that seasons 2 & 3 are two of the most superbly written seasons of tv of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shut up Aaron!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Had a match just there. there was a Sunderland scout in attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

What level/age group you playing at?

VW 1 wrote: »

What level/age group you playing at?

Youths (u/18)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Glad i'm not the only who's sick of the Harlem Shake at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Expect the worst player on the pitch to get a trial knowing us :pac:

• Advertisement

Last ever series of Shameless is back next Tuesday,gonna miss that show-one of the best things on telly over the last few years.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shameless&oq=sham&gs_l=youtube.1.0.0l10.5395.8122.0.10859.4.4.0.0.0.0.95.284.4.4.0...0.0...1ac.1.dGHjH4dbkhI

Last ever series of Shameless is back next Tuesday,gonna miss that show-one of the best things on telly over the last few years.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shameless&oq=sham&gs_l=youtube.1.0.0l10.5395.8122.0.10859.4.4.0.0.0.0.95.284.4.4.0...0.0...1ac.1.dGHjH4dbkhI

Watched the first few seasons when I was a kid but I got kind of bored with it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

First 2 seasons were good, nose dived after that to the point I just hated it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

cambo2008 wrote: »
    First 2 seasons were good, nose dived after that to the point I just hated it.

Yeah, loved watching it every week the first couple of seasons but really tailed off, not much of the original cast these days i think

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Watched the first few seasons when I was a kid but I got kind of bored with it then.

How old are you? 15:P

• Advertisement

How old are you? 15:P

It started in 2004 so I would of been 12 watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Whose on Instagram here?

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Whose on Instagram here?

Who's a 13 year old girl here?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAG WEEEEEEEEEEEK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Whose on Instagram here?

I had sweet potatoes and chicken for dinner last night in case you were wondering. Forgot to take a picture of it.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I had sweet potatoes and chicken for dinner last night in case you were wondering. Forgot to take a picture of it.

You could take a picture now............wait,that'd be so wrong.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Gallon smashing is way better than the Harlem Shake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What I'm particularly looking forward to are the video's of staff beating the **** out of the assholes who go gallon smashing.

This defender tried to amputate Ronaldhino's leg:eek:

article-2285223-18525A40000005DC-234_634x364.jpg

article-2285223-18525A26000005DC-63_634x352.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement