Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Now that's a horrific tackle, wel attempt of a tackle. :eek:

Ronaldhino can count himself very lucky he avoided an injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Christ almighty. That was savagely bad. I cringed when I saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

zerks wrote: »
    This defender tried to amputate Ronaldhino's leg:eek:

article-2285223-18525A40000005DC-234_634x364.jpg

article-2285223-18525A26000005DC-63_634x352.jpg

even though he had his leg almost broken and then missed the penalty he still had a huge smile on his face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Gaah...

England U-21 are playing at Adams Park on March 21st. Would have loved to go down and watch it, only a couple of miles from my house, but I'm in a production of Les Miserables that day so will be busy. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

G.K. wrote: »
    Gaah...

England U-21 are playing at Adams Park on March 21st. Would have loved to go down and watch it, only a couple of miles from my house, but I'm in a production of Les Miserables that day so will be busy. Damn.

Could have done some Zaha scouting for us United fans! You playing music or in the play itself?

In it, though I may have been in the orchestra if I wasn't.

In it, though I may have been in the orchestra if I wasn't.

You sing as well? Hopefully better than Russell Crowe! What character you playing?

Combeferre

(I've also learned the principal character's lines (Well, Valjean, Marius, Enjolras) in case of disasterous circumstances)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Combeferre

(I've also learned the principal character's lines (Well, Valjean, Marius, Enjolras) in case of disasterous circumstances)
    Best of luck with it bud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I was Santa in my Christmas play in 2nd class.

No biggie...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I was Santa in my Christmas play in 2nd class.

No biggie...

Shepherd no. 9 in the 2nd class nativity play :cool:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Shepherd no. 9 in the 2nd class nativity play :cool:

Pffffft. You were only slightly above the poor child who had to play the tree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Pffffft. You were only slightly above the poor child who had to play the tree!

His performance is always a bit...WOODEN :D:D

I played one of Fagins gang when we did Oliver Twist in school. Most memorable moment was someone forgot to turn Fagins microphone off when he was backstage, and we were playing bop it, which is what everyone could hear for about 10 seconds :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

IvySlayer wrote: »

Aaahhh heyor.....leaf ih ouh :p

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »

fOwdC.gif#disgusted%20gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ITV+1 11.35 tape it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

lads where do you guys mostly go in town? went coppers last weekend, heard some horror stories but was lethal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

EdenHazard wrote: »
    lads where do you guys mostly go in town? went coppers last weekend, heard some horror stories but was lethal!

I must be getting old, but I rarely enjoy nightclubs at all. Find coppers too busy tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Don't like nightclubs either. Late bars are much better, with that said, I live in Cork, so the nightlife isn't great in anyways.

Just finished season 1 of Suits as well, thank you to everyone who suggested it. Its so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Don't like nightclubs either. Late bars are much better, with that said, I live in Cork, so the nightlife isn't great in anyways.

Just finished season 1 of Suits as well, thank you to everyone who suggested it. Its so good.

Browery was good the time I was there. Cork is crap for guys though in groups cause they stop you for stupid things.

As for Dublin there must be at least 100 places better to out then Coppers. It's meat mart and worse when not drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's meat mart

A fella the age of our resident Beleiber though, that's what he's after, expensive vodka & redbull ripoff, Smithwicks drinking strapping lasses, bit of Richie Kavanagh and a ride at the end of the night - what's not to like about Coppers for the 18-22 age group?

A fella the age of our resident Beleiber though, that's what he's after, expensive vodka & redbull ripoff, Smithwicks drinking strapping lasses, bit of Richie Kavanagh and a ride at the end of the night - what's not to like about Coppers for the 18-22 age group?

I know, but still its a dive. Plenty of other decent spots that cater for what's required for your night.

Dublin has some good spots if you can look away from Camden and Hardcourt street from time to time. Be 20 year old or 40.

I liked Whelans but that's cause they had decent bands here and there. Bleeding Horse is only place we go around there now and move on after that.

Madonna's for the muthafúckin win

Never liked clubs, and I'm only 22 :o

Favourite spot at the moment would be Against The Grain. Great beer selection and a nice atmosphere. Finishes up early enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ended up in the Foundry in Carlow one night recently, had a savage good night. It was about 5 years since i'd been in it.
    Crowd of us from our footie team took a mad notion.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I know, but still its a dive. Plenty of other decent spots that cater for what's required for your night.

Dublin has some good spots if you can look away from Camden and Hardcourt street from time to time. Be 20 year old or 40.

I liked Whelans but that's cause they had decent bands here and there. Bleeding Horse is only place we go around there now and move on after that.

I've always been a fan of Whelans always good atmosphere in the place.

Temple Bar although a tourist trap and mad money can be good craic at times for a pub crawl or in around Temple Bar places like Foggy Dew and in around Dame Lane.

Howl at the Moon is decent enough aswell imo

I've always been a fan of Whelans always good atmosphere in the place.

Temple Bar although a tourist trap and mad money can be good craic at times for a pub crawl or in around Temple Bar places like Foggy Dew and in around Dame Lane.

Howl at the Moon is decent enough aswell imo

Foggy Dew is great spot alright.

Some good pubs in Temple Bar. Problem is price of Drink. 6euro for pint of stout? Ouch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Flannery's and Coppers ftw. If you're a student then places like Dandelion, Village and Palace. I hate Temple Bar, full of tourists and it's pricey as fcuk.

Never liked clubs, and I'm only 22 :o

Favourite spot at the moment would be Against The Grain. Great beer selection and a nice atmosphere. Finishes up early enough though.

Don't know where you are based, but you're a Bohs fan, yes?

Have you tried WJ Kavanagh's on Dorset St, L Mulligan Grocer in Stoneybatter? Two great pubs.

I had my stag in ATG this time last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

ATG is pretty cool alright, liked it when it was feile too

Will probably be in flannerys myself on friday with work people - standard stuff

Don't know where you are based, but you're a Bohs fan, yes?

Have you tried WJ Kavanagh's on Dorset St, L Mulligan Grocer in Stoneybatter? Two great pubs.

Yeah I am, live in Santry so Stoneybatter's a bit out of the way. Haven't tried Kavanagh's but I've heard good things, will check it out at some point.

Yeah I am, live in Santry so Stoneybatter's a bit out of the way. Haven't tried Kavanagh's but I've heard good things, will check it out at some point.

Porterhouse is going into Coolock Village, The Sheaf, probably open by the end of April.

haha resident Belieber, i like it, got a nice ring to it!

Porterhouse is going into Coolock Village, The Sheaf, probably open by the end of April.

Good to hear! I'm up in Porterhouse North Regularly enough.

Good to hear! I'm up in Porterhouse North Regularly enough.

Moving from Santry to drumcondra in the next week or two, making the porterhouse my new local! Close enough to walk home now instead of having to get a taxi or bus!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Excellent spot. My college is 10 seconds walk from Camden St. I typically end up there or Anseo. Anywhere but Flannerys.:eek:

VW 1 wrote: »
    Moving from Santry to drumcondra in the next week or two, making the porterhouse my new local! Close enough to walk home now instead of having to get a taxi or bus!

You'll also be pretty near WJK on Dorset Street, if you fancy something different from the PHN.

Some good pubs around Drumcondra and Northside in general if you know where to go.

Anseo is great but it's always too packed at weekend though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

On the subject of pubs lads, Im heading to a gig in the Olympia tomorrow night. Anywhere decent nearby? I intend to be well inebriated, and when I'm like that, I love the most mainstream shíte music possible. :o

Only living in Dublin a couple of months and haven't ventured further than Slatterys, which is right on my doorstep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

On the subject of pubs lads, Im heading to a gig in the Olympia tomorrow night. Anywhere decent nearby? I intend to be well inebriated, and when I'm like that, I love the most mainstream shíte music possible. :o

Only living in Dublin a couple of months and haven't ventured further than Slatterys, which is right on my doorstep.

If your going to Olympia and looking for a pub before hand? You can't go wrong with the Foggy Dew or Brogans but really around the Olympia you are spoiled for choice. Or if after and you like shiite mainstream music then you will probably like somewhere like Alchemy.

Eh and this don't watch if you are anyway squeamish. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bull and Castle up by Christchurch, German style beerhall that serves beer by the liter. Only about a 5 minute downhill stumble from the Olympia too.

Stereophonics gig I'm guessing?

Dublin is RANK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Dublin is RANK.
    I can assure you, in regards to nightlife, it's better than whatever county you're from :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

EdenHazard wrote: »
    haha resident Belieber, i like it, got a nice ring to it!

o-JUSTIN-BIEBER-LUNGES-PAPARAZZI-570.jpg?5

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Ended up in the Foundry in Carlow one night recently, had a savage good night. It was about 5 years since i'd been in it.
    Crowd of us from our footie team took a mad notion.... :)

Foundry is a grand place for a night out alright. Been years since I've been there though.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I can assure you, in regards to nightlife, it's better than whatever county you're from :pac:

I'm from New York so I doubt it.
    I'm not really,I'm from Sligo and it's brutal so you win heh heh. I still think Dublin is rank tho!

Kells... wrote: »
    o-JUSTIN-BIEBER-LUNGES-PAPARAZZI-570.jpg?5

How scaldy does he look here hahaa

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Foundry is a grand place for a night out alright. Been years since I've been there though.
    Been out in Carlow a few times and it's a great spot. First time was a disaster though, myself and a mate went down earlier than the rest, got off at the bus depot with a bottle of vodka each at 2pm, met up with another mate who lives there, 3 of us locked up in the cells by 8...

There was another club called The Edge that I found better than The Foundry, don't know if it's still open but that was a decent place.

Cans and a fire down by the river Barrow with a load of randomers was better than both tbh :pac:

I'm from New York so I doubt it.
    [COLOR="White"]I'm not really,I'm from Sligo and it's brutal so you win heh heh. I still think Dublin is rank tho![/COLOR]
    You're from Sligo? You don't get to call anywhere rank :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement