Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

amiable wrote: »
    ITV 4

It says its blocked in the Republic :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    It says its blocked in the Republic :mad:

You must be on UPC. If it's blocked it probably means it's been shown on another channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's on Setanta Sports 1 so UPC will block it.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It's on Setanta Sports 1 so UPC will block it.

Don't have that, what a load of balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Setanta Ireland are now showing the Italy/Brazil game as the Drogheda match has been postponed.

:D:D:D

Lively start to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Whatever stream I'm watching, the co commentator is painful, hes so excited. Hes along with a American. Good match so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Nice goal from Fred, 1-0 Brazil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ye should probably go to the match thread guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Did I miss something, Mary? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Was watching Nat Geo the other night and Doomsday Preppers came on, there's some basket cases on it, it was also on a few months back and some of the people were crazy and some were very practicalw ith some good solutions to real world problems.

They had a guy on this time that was convinced Putin was the new Stalin and it was only a matter of time before Russia nuked America.

Now what I found funny was he was about 1800 kms from his bunker but it would only take 30 mins for a nuke to be launched at America from Russia or a sub. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Was watching Nat Geo the other night and Doomsday Preppers came on, there's some basket cases on it, it was also on a few months back and some of the people were crazy and some were very practicalw ith some good solutions to real world problems.

They had a guy on this time that was convinced Putin was the new Stalin and it was only a matter of time before Russia nuked America.

Now what I found funny was he was about 1800 kms from his bunker but it would only take 30 mins for a nuke to be launched at America from Russia or a sub. :pac:

He probably couldn't get planning permission any closer to home.

Bloody County Council :mad::pac:

He probably couldn't get planning permission any closer to home.

Bloody County Council :mad::pac:

Trust me where he had his bunker there was no need for permission, just rack up and blow a hole in the side of the mountain, bury it and nobody would have known it was there.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Was the monkey on it?

• Advertisement

Nah, some of the people on this were bat s**t crazy.

There was a couple who had been building a bunker also and Nat Geo went back for an update and it turned out they were going thorugh a divorce and the main bone of contention between them was not the house, or kids or money but the gear they had stored and prepped, the wife won but she was afraid to go and collect her stuff coz her husband had guns.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I watched one of those episodes a while back. One about a trucker who was buying camouflage nets and staging a hijacking...unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Trust me where he had his bunker there was no need for permission, just rack up and blow a hole in the side of the mountain, bury it and nobody would have known it was there.

Nah, some of the people on this were bat s**t crazy.

There was a couple who had been building a bunker also and Nat Geo went back for an update and it turned out they were going thorugh a divorce and the main bone of contention between them was not the house, or kids or money but the gear they had stored and prepped, the wife won but she was afraid to go and collect her stuff coz her husband had guns.

All your talking about bunkers reminds me of this

Bunker.jpg

47351595.png

sanstitrejpg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Only one more episode of The Walking Dead left in the current series:(

Latest episode was superb.Do not click if you don't want a huge spoiler:
    Merle got turned into a zombie after the Governor shot him & Daryl had to kill him.

I've heard rumours and stuff but I dont want to see any spoilers until I see it on Fox Friday.

Soooo tempted to read the spoiler though, must avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Well my left arm got fried, it hurts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Fried???

Someone ran into me while carrying a pot of boiling water, spilt all over arm, it's all red and blistery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Someone ran into me while carrying a pot of boiling water, spilt all over arm, it's all red and blistery

something similar happened to a mate of mine in a hotel in kilkenny few years back - someone came in the out door of a kitchen or something....

sore dose i'd reckon!!

I bought a car! I have to be all grown up now.
    I've only done four lessons yet but I've picked it up far better than I thought I would.

I need to buy a Manchester United air freshner. Priorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Show at the moment is Secret Life of the American Teenager. Stopped watching 2 years ago but start watching again #hooked #adrianisfit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Show at the moment is Secret Life of the American Teenager. Stopped watching 2 years ago but start watching again #hooked #adrianisfit

#thisisnttwitter

Al Capwned wrote: »
    something similar happened to a mate of mine in a hotel in kilkenny few years back - someone came in the out door of a kitchen or something....

sore dose i'd reckon!!

My arm is all red and blistery, lost a few layers, looks like zombie stuff :(
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've only done four lessons yet but I've picked it up far better than I thought I would.

Ha female dri......Oh you're mod now, gratz Mary :pac:

Haha, thanks ivy!

You should probably get that arm looked at. Wouldn't want to get an infection in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Like above get that arm checked out ASAP!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

And a furry dice. Those are mandatory. Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Remember Mars Bar, mirrors, signal, manouvere.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That's the way I did it. Bought the car before I could drive.

When you're looking out the window at the car thinking about how much it cost it's a hell of an incentive to learn how to drive.

Well that and my boss at the time got done for drunk driving so I had to learn in order to drive him around all the time.

Easiest year I ever had at work :D

Dunno about the Man Utd air freshener tho :p

Haha, thanks ivy!

You should probably get that arm looked at. Wouldn't want to get an infection in it.
    Like above get that arm checked out ASAP!!

Yip yip doctor seen, arm covered in plasters and bandages and antibiotics taken!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Yip yip doctor seen, arm covered in plasters and bandages and antibiotics taken!

Good man. Hope it heals up for you soon.

I can get a Shels one for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

New car scent ftw

D'Agger wrote: »
    New car scent ftw

Got a lift home from some clown one day, who left a pizza topped with tuna and onions in his car over night :eek:

D'Agger wrote: »
    New car scent ftw

Our family car still has the new car scent after three months.
    My car belonged to an old lady who had a dog so it's not such a nice smell. I'll be getting it valeted for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Our family car still has the new car scent after three months.
    My car belonged to an old lady who had a dog so it's not such a nice smell. I'll be getting it valeted for sure!

Or you could valet it yourself ;), nothing better than spending a few hours scrubbing the car and standing back when its done and looking at it gleaming.

Plus it would save yeh a few quid.

Or you could valet it yourself ;), nothing better than spending a few hours scrubbing the car and standing back when its done and looking at it gleaming.

Plus it would save yeh a few quid.

Meh, too much effort! I think it deserves a pro job.

You could put it into a car wash and leave the windows open :D

Lazy ass :P, I love cleaning my car will often spend anywhere from 5 to 8 hours doing it.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    You could put it into a car wash and leave the windows open :D

Lazy ass :P, I love cleaning my car will often spend anywhere from 5 to 8 hours doing it.

I won't even argue with the lazy ass comment coz it's true!
    I can't wait to go accessory shopping though! :D

I won't even argue with the lazy ass comment coz it's true!
    I can't wait to go accessory shopping though! :D

I mentioned the clown, who left a tuna/onion pizza over night in his car already. But his OH left the windows open and went into a car wash :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

lol @ your cars.

Hoverboards ftw.

RTEmagicC_hoverboard_mcfly.jpg.jpg

5 to 8 hours cleaning a car????

Man when I was obsessed with cars/ being boy racer I never spent more then 30 minutes cleaning a car.

5 to 8 hours cleaning a car????

Man when I was obsessed with cars/ being boy racer I never spent more then 30 minutes cleaning a car.

Then you were never doing it right ;) I have products for every bit of the car when it's done right it does be in showroom condition.

I'm also far from a boy racer :)

Then you were never doing it right ;) I have products for every bit of the car when it's done right it does be in showroom condition.

I'm also far from a boy racer :)

Ah fair play if that's what you do.

I would not have the patience. Bit of neat freak be it my room or car but don't think I spend that long on it.

Used to be obsessed with cars when teenager. Loved my drifting competitions.

Taking off plasters is not fun.....The pain is unbearable :( Every few hours I pull it back a little bit, so I'm making small progress!

Thank god I'm not a woman and having to wax and all that...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement