Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Where is option C?

C. I rather be a freaking Virgin.

Where is option C?

C. I rather be a freaking Virgin.

Said no virgin ever. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's a fundraising match taking place in Enniscorthy this weekend for a very good cause https://www.facebook.com/AlanasDream

Shamrock Rovers from the Airtricity League are taking on Wexford Premier League Champions Shamrock Rovers AFC in a charity match 6th April K.O 2pm.

Details in the link I posted if anyone would like to make a donation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anyone remember the cheat on the N64 version of FIFA where you can play "big head mode"
    That's what Assou-Ekotto is reminding me of now. Put your hair band on man ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Anyone remember the cheat on the N64 version of FIFA where you can play "big head mode"

Reminds me of Crabman.

527a3a9b13078ad608ae9dfcf482d5d1.jpeg
    Crab-Man.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone back anything for the Grand National tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

lad i know trying to make a Afro back four, he is short a right back.
    Michael Hopkins ‏@Hoppo1982 4 Apr
    Assou-ektto ,Dante,David Luiz... can't think of an afro right full-back #afroback4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The da silvas had fairly wild hair when they arrived first. I think one of them could work!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The da silvas had fairly wild hair when they arrived first. I think one of them could work!
    I'd say he's looking for current players. Glen Johnson would have nailed down that position in his day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My hair hasn't being cut in a year so looks like crabman.

Going golfing tomorrow

qGmaAVb.gif

• Advertisement

Feckin horses. I hate them. They should all be eaten.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Feckin horses. I hate them. They should all be eaten.

I've felt like I'm the only person today not interested whatsoever in watching the Grand National lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I've felt like I'm the only person today not interested whatsoever in watching the Grand National lol.

Your not alone, I have no interest in horses or betting on them. Probably because I never win in the bookies, went Punchestown once by the end of the day I wasn't allowed bet on the same horse as any my friends :o, they all came home up money I went home down over a 100 :(.

I hate horse racing. The dogs is great craic though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Defo, pints and go up throw some money on some random dog :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Much of muchness as they say. I don't see the difference, except the horses have to jump over ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Defo, pints and go throw up some money on some random dog :).

Sounds about right...

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Much of muchness as they say. I don't see the difference, except the horses have to jump over ****.

The horse races are long and boring and too many horses.

The dogs are quick and exciting and there's only six of them.

• Advertisement

The horse races are long and boring and too many horses.

The dogs are quick and exciting and there's only six of them.

And dog isn't half as tasty as horse!

Wouldn't say I hate horse racing now, don't really hate any sport as such. Each to their own it goes without saying, it's just not my cup of tea and the same could be said for the dogs as well. Goes for watching or betting. Attended Punchestown a few times myself as it's only down the road from me, was alright day out. Rather bet and make money consistently in other sports than some silly long shot horse, like so many I know hope to achieve.

Not to mention the fact that nearly every race is rigged now. Especially in Ireland.

Worked in bookies for summer job for couple of years and crazy some of the things that went on

You can back horses to lose on exchanges now makes it a nightmare if you're not in the know.

Boxing betting has been most kind to me past year as Golf was year before.

Not to mention the fact that nearly every race is rigged now. Especially in Ireland.

Worked in bookies for summer job for couple of years and crazy some of the things that went on

You can back horses to lose on exchanges now makes it a nightmare if you're not in the know.

Boxing betting has been most kind to me past year as Golf was year before.
    Boxing is about as corrupt and rigged a sport there is :pac:

Boxing is about as corrupt and rigged a sport there is :pac:

That's true, but not from a fighters point of view. It's the judging where things get nasty.

You avoid those fights then of course.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Went to the dogs once and found it really boring. Throwing money on a random dog I know nothing about while drinking overpriced piss.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Went to the dogs once and found it really boring. Throwing money on a random dog I know nothing about while drinking overpriced piss.

I think I like the dogs coz I've won money on them by just picking a dog by its name or guessing on their form. There's only six so you've a better chance. I've always walked away from the dogs either even or up.

I think I like the dogs coz I've won money on them by just picking a dog by its name or guessing on their form. There's only six so you've a better chance. I've always walked away from the dogs either even or up.
    It's a good night out, seen Vinny Jones in Shelbourne one night. Didn't look too approachable...

It's a good night out, seen Vinny Jones in Shelbourne one night. Didn't look too approachable...

How that man made it as a footballer or indeed an "actor" always baffled me.

• Advertisement

Better actor than footballer. That's not sayin much :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

He was actually a decent footballer, just rarely used that part of his game.

But handy enough in possession.

I'd say he's looking for current players. Glen Johnson would have nailed down that position in his day.

Ryan shotton maybe?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A random dog I know nothing about has a better chance of winning than the random horse I know even less about.

I got some tips from old lads in tweed caps at the dogs. Can't go wrong there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

keno likes taylor swift music, you heard it here first!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

IvySlayer wrote: »
    keno likes taylor swift music, you heard it here first!!

Your drunken ramblings have gone too far with this.

The 'music' you were sending me yesterday would make a weaker mans ears bleed.

• Advertisement

Tay Swfit is unreal. I like her new stuff but its not the TS I knew and loved :'(

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Tay Swfit is unreal. I like her new stuff but its not the TS I knew and loved :'(

Are you a presenter on Two Tube on RTE?
    If not I think you would make a good one :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dfx- wrote: »
    A random dog I know nothing about has a better chance of winning than the random horse I know even less about.

No love for horse racing either. Seems to be a sport that isn't enjoyed without gambling. I'll place the odd bet on football if I see something with good odds, but that's about it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Ohhh just remembered, I was out with GavShels in the Palace last night, top buzzer! SWAGGY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I don't even..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Poor Gav,I'm sure he was impressed with your swagga and YOLOness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Any bets for tonight Nuri?

Kells... wrote: »
    Poor Gav,I'm sure he was impressed with your swagga and YOLOness.

dafuq is 'swagga' haha. Haha there's a good chance he was just nodding his head and being polite and had no idea who I was hahha

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Any bets for tonight Nuri?

If you mean in the wrasslin' -
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84025486&postcount=460

Just hope we get a good WM, last few years have sucked big time.

If you're the person telling the wrestlers who wins he/she must be making a ball of money.

Cause if it was me I be making sure the Rock won.:pac:

CM PUNK CM PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're the person telling the wrestlers who wins he/she must be making a ball of money.

Cause if it was me I be making sure the Rock won.:pac:

Ha, I wish!

Rock's odds have drifted in big time, opened at like 9/1 if I'm not mistaken a good while ago. Now down to 4/1 generally.

Ha, I wish!

Rock's odds have drifted in big time, opened at like 9/1 if I'm not mistaken a good while ago. Now down to 4/1 generally.

I only realised few days ago that Paul Bearer died last month. I thought he was older then 58. He looked about that age when I was watching it in the 90's.

Man who gave me few sleepless nights as a kid along with Undertaker.

Yeah I want something shocking and talk worthy to happen.

I probably would have went with Kane/Danielson though....especially if Ziggler ends up cashing in.

Ha, I wish!

Part of me was thinking he might win, especially if he is hanging around til the next PPV.

But I reckon his odds shortening is just down to people sticking a few quid on and not knowing the storylines.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement