Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I only realised few days ago that Paul Bearer died last month. I thought he was older then 58. He looked about that age when I was watching it in the 90's.

Man who gave me few sleepless nights as a kid along with Undertaker.

I always loved Bearer, the voice was so funny.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yeah I want something shocking and talk worthy to happen.

I probably would have went with Kane/Danielson though....especially if Ziggler ends up cashing in.

Think Kane and DB split tonight. Well, I'm hoping that's the case anyway. Wouldn't surprise me seeing Ziggler cash in and lose :o
    Part of me was thinking he might win, especially if he is hanging around til the next PPV.

But I reckon his odds shortening is just down to people sticking a few quid on and not knowing the storylines.

From bits n bobs I've read and heard, it seems he'll be around for the next PPV so factoring that, hoping he does indeed win. But yeah, at the odds I got (7/1). Was worth a tenner at least.

Well that was a crock of ****, both viewing and betting :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

No atmosphere, no personalities, no moments, just ****.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    No atmosphere, no personalities, no moments, just ****.

Taker vs Punk aside, I agree. That was a brilliant match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Punk is gold and although Taker doesn't interest me one bit they did what they could to give this event something to remember. I didn't think the match was that good personally, very watchable but not particularly atmospheric or memorable and for me was devoid of a special moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Felt rushed. I fell asleep just after the punk taker match. It wasn't billed well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Taker vs Punk aside, I agree. That was a brilliant match.

I felt people were over rating it myself, just because Taker and Punk were involved. It wasn't anywhere near last year's of Taker/HBK 1. Will give it another watch during the week and see if my opinion changes.

Good to see the announce table take a stand against announce table violence though.:D

Felt rushed. I fell asleep just after the punk taker match. It wasn't billed well.

You're one of the lucky ones. Had some interest in watching Lesnar and really hoped he'd win. The booking of him since his return is mindboggling. Rock vs Cena was a whole load of predictable, tiresome crap.

I finally caved in (been saying for ages that I wouldn't :o) at like 11.30pm and went to order it via Sky but payment processing was an estimated 20 mins and by the time I found out, it was 11.45 so I left it as I couldn't be arsed waiting around. Was annoyed but after watching it entirely, I'm ****ing glad I didn't fork over €25!
    EdenHazard wrote: »
    Punk is gold and although Taker doesn't interest me one bit they did what they could to give this event something to remember. I didn't think the match was that good personally, very watchable but not particularly atmospheric or memorable and for me was devoid of a special moment.
    I felt people were over rating it myself, just because Taker and Punk were involved. It wasn't anywhere near last year's of Taker/HBK 1. Will give it another watch during the week and see if my opinion changes.

Good to see the announce table take a stand against announce table violence though.:D

I'd give the match a 4 stars out of 5 myself. Out of the last 3 years (twice with HHH), I enjoyed it from start to finish. Thought there was some great sequences like Punk's table spot which I grimaced at, GTS to Tombstone and a few other bits n bobs. Wasn't on the first match with HBK level but it's harsh comparing last night's one to that for the sheer fact the HBK match was a 5 star match. I'll probably watch the match again just to confirm my thoughts or not.

Overall the PPV I gave it a 6 out of 10 over on the PW forum, and to be honest, I felt I was being somewhat kind.

elbowdrop.gif

Raw is actually better than last night.

• Advertisement

Best Raw in a damn long time and the best crowd ever for sure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Last Raw I seen was the one I was at, O2 in London April 2011.

The thing I miss about having to be in work at 8am is NFL on Sunday nights and Live Wrestling PPV's or Raw. :o

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Best Raw in a damn long time and the best crowd ever for sure :D

Yeah someone said it in the tread but they saved WM weekend. Humming the entrance music was class.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Anyone get Age of Empires 2 HD? Just played an online game there, brings back memories :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone get Age of Empires 2 HD? Just played an online game there, brings back memories :)

No but very tempted to pick it up, many hours pumped into that, that I'll never get back.

I've heard very mixed review of the new Sim City, anyone played it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yup its decent enough, looks terrible tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

How do they measure the distance travelled by players on the pitch?

Was always curious about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Cant wait for their new album to come out. Alive 2007 is one of my most favourite albums ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Staying on a Daft Punk theme...have ye ever seen this? Very cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Heres the tv ad.

I'd love if Daft Punk and Justice did a gig here in Ireland. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

New Man Of Steel trailer out & looking awesome.Gonna be a great Summer of blockbusters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I wonder if there will be a Justice League film? Justice League > Avengers

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be a Justice League film? Justice League > Avengers

I would like to see it, but I don't think DC has the characters to pull it off. It would end up being 'the Superman/Batman movie'.

I would like to see it, but I don't think DC has the characters to pull it off. It would end up being 'the Superman/Batman movie'.

Avengers had Black Widow and Hawk eye plus the likes of Thor and Captain America would of been only introduced to most of the general movie going audience during their stand alone films or even in the Avengers film itself.

The Justice League with Batman, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern would be a stronger cast than The Avengers (Considering Marvel has sold a lot of their heavy hitters).

Wonder Woman and Flash would be cool. There's a lack of female superheros, I really don't know why there isn't a Wonder Woman film!!

Superman, Flash or Wonder Woman could solo the Avengers imo :D

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Avengers had Black Widow and Hawk eye plus the likes of Thor and Captain America would of been only introduced to most of the general movie going audience during their stand alone films or even in the Avengers film itself.

The Justice League with Batman, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern would be a stronger cast than The Avengers (Considering Marvel has sold a lot of their heavy hitters).

I don't think the JL would have a stronger cast. Avengers had some dud characters but Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man would be more recognisable to the general population then GL or the Flash. Avengers had some dud characters but a JL film would probably include Martian Manhunter, and Green Arrow who are just as unknown.

The main problem I think it faces is trying to adjust Batman to fit in with some kind of Global threat that it's going to take to get all those Superheroes to unite.

And on the Hawkeye thing, if anyone reads comics, they should check out the current Hawkeye series. I didn't like the character but it's one of the funniest comics going.

I don't think the JL would have a stronger cast. Avengers had some dud characters but Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man would be more recognisable to the general population then GL or the Flash. Avengers had some dud characters but a JL film would probably include Martian Manhunter, and Green Arrow who are just as unknown.

The main problem I think it faces is trying to adjust Batman to fit in with some kind of Global threat that it's going to take to get all those Superheroes to unite.

And on the Hawkeye thing, if anyone reads comics, they should check out the current Hawkeye series. I didn't like the character but it's one of the funniest comics going.

CA and Iron Man's recognition to the general public was mainly due to their films. If JL gets the same treatment I think they would be bigger. The problem lies there however. GL was a flop so do you reboot it or just go on? Plus if they are to do all the back stories, we won't see it for a very long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Apparently, Warner Bros. have already penned a release date in 2015 for a Justice League film. Doesn't give much time to introduce each character in the way Marvel has done with the separate films. As a comic nerd, I'd love it to be made, but am somewhat hesitant to see what sort of story it would follow. Having someone like Superman kinda reduces the need for anyone else to be involved :p

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Apparently, Warner Bros. have already penned a release date in 2015 for a Justice League film. Doesn't give much time to introduce each character in the way Marvel has done with the separate films. As a comic nerd, I'd love it to be made, but am somewhat hesitant to see what sort of story it would follow. Having someone like Superman kinda reduces the need for anyone else to be involved :p

But he has a massive weakness...

But he has a massive weakness...

Thankfully it appears they've stayed away from the ease of throwing Superman into a small room with Kryptonite in the new Man of Steel film.

I suppose you are correct that it is his main weakness (unless you're talking about Lois Lane :p), and in the JLA cartoon, Batman carries Kryptonite around with him as "insurance", and in Action Comics, Superman gave Batman a Kryptonite ring that he took from Lex Luthor as he knew he would kill him if he ever lost control.

If an enemy as perilous as Doomsday was introduced early into the film and is shown to defeat Superman, I guess that would allow Batman et al. to be useful to the cause. Cyborg, Darkseid and Prometheus could also be used as serious threats.

The "New 52" JL storyline would be an excellent source for material imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wing suits are class, would love to try it.

Former Everton player being amazingly stupid.Nothing like having a beer & driving a Ferrari at high speed at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

TBH I don't see a whole lot wrong with that really, he accelerates quickly once or twice but not driving like a maniac or speeding excessively.

Not sure if it is a beer or not, or even alcoholic beer can't make it out in that video, he certainly doesn't appear to be under the influence of alcohol in the video. Even all reports on it are saying what is thought to be a beer but not definitive.

Could be a case of making a mountain out a mole hill.

Waste of a talented player in general though.

Was deadly in an u21s tourny few years ago signed for madrid.

had to check wiki to see if he was still playing. Alania in Russia.......

he was deadly in that tourny tho.

Also its Russia thats considered safe driving over there :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

RasTa wrote: »

They go some speed. I remember seeing a program about em one night i think its for every 1 metre they fall the go forward one metre so most jumps are based on maths and calculations? In any case you'd have to have some balls to be doing that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That looks like a can of coke by Drenthe there imo

Looked a great talent for Feyenoord when Liverpool played them in a pre season friendly a few years back, obviously had an attitude though from what I saw of that match but suprised he hasn't kicked on since leaving madrid.

klose wrote: »
    They go some speed. I remember seeing a program about em one night i think its for every 1 metre they fall the go forward one metre so most jumps are based on maths and calculations? In any case you'd have to have some balls to be doing that :pac:

so a really good measuring tape is needed? :pac:

The "New 52" JL storyline would be an excellent source for material imo.

You got any other New 52 recommendations?.....Have read Batman, Action Comics, and Superman...another poster recommended Flash, which I haven't read yet.

You got any other New 52 recommendations?.....Have read Batman, Action Comics, and Superman...another poster recommended Flash, which I haven't read yet.

I guess you're in the bathroom for hours!!

Other than those you've named, the ones I've enjoyed most are probably: Green Lantern, Flash, Animal Man and Aquaman. If you've not read the Nightwing comics, I'd recommend those as well. Constantine is supposedly a great comic too so will be getting that soon.

I guess you're in the bathroom for hours!!

There comes a stage in life where 5 minutes reading in the bathroom is bliss.:D
    Other than those you've named, the ones I've enjoyed most are probably: Green Lantern, Flash, Animal Man and Aquaman. If you've not read the Nightwing comics, I'd recommend those as well. Constantine is supposedly a great comic too so will be getting that soon.

Cheers Aaron....have been wanting to give Green Lantern a try for a while, especially during the whole 'Blackest Night' saga so will give it a try from the reboot....you read any Marvel?

• Advertisement

There comes a stage in life where 5 minutes reading in the bathroom is bliss.:D

Cheers Aaron....have been wanting to give Green Lantern a try for a while, especially during the whole 'Blackest Night' saga so will give it a try from the reboot....you read any Marvel?

Too much :pac:

Am currently trying to find time to buy the All New X-Men series. Thor, Deadpool, Gambit, Wolverine, Spidey, Avengers, are my go-to comics. Have also found myself re-buying all the Batman comics I lost in the great garage flood of '07 :(

I'm thinking I'll have to invest in a tablet, for monetary and space reasons :p

If you don't dance to this, you are dead to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

He dodged a bullet there.

I love Pergy Pigs but Marks and Spencers is always a bit of a drive, so I got these things called Better Bunnys in Tesocs, they taste like them, best day ever :D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement