Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What are you into? Might be able to point you in the direction of something you'd like.

My phone is mostly filled with the eagles, bee gees, Dean martin, MJ, the script & Andrea Bocelli with some hip hop and k-pop. I also secretly like some Michael Buble :o

Recommend away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Oat23 wrote: »
    Are there any Youtube trends worse than M/V reaction videos? You are just watching someone else watch a music video.

They get 1000's of views too. I don't get it at all :(

What I hate the most about YouTube is the ***** posting underneath an 80's music video:
    "I'm 17 and I love this song. Kids my age listen to Lady Gaga. Justin Beiber sucks."

And it gets a gazillion likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

My phone is mostly filled with the eagles, bee gees, Dean martin, MJ, the script & Andrea Bocelli with some hip hop and k-pop. I also secretly like some Michael Buble :o

Recommend away :D

Sorry man...you're beyond help :pac:

That's a pretty strange mixture you've got going on there. I like a bit of Dean Martin now and again though. And some hip hop. What is k-pop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

That's a pretty strange mixture you've got going on there. I like a bit of Dean Martin now and again though. And some hip hop. What is k-pop?

I might be wrong, but K-pop is Korean pop. Although, in this case, I hope I'm wrong :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I find last.fm very useful for music recommendations, though don't use it for actually listening to music.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I might be wrong, but K-pop is Korean pop. Although, in this case, I hope I'm wrong :pac:

If its anything like this Japanese duo I wouldn't mind to much

aaronh007 wrote: »

I hear that all the time, about my music choices being a strange mix. I suppose it is a bit strange when I put it on shuffle and it goes from Bocelli to 2 Chainz :D

And yes, k-pop = Korean pop. Don't knock it! There's some really catchy songs and a lot more to it than the wackiness of Gangnam Style. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I hear that all the time, about my music choices being a strange mix. I suppose it is a bit strange when I put it on shuffle and it goes from Bocelli to 2 Chainz :D

And yes, k-pop = Korean pop. Don't knock it! There's some really catchy songs and a lot more to it than the wackiness of Gangnam Style. :)

It's catchy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

2 Chainz? From everyone at the hip hop forum, may the lord have mercy on your soul.

• Advertisement

Eurovision tonight :D:D:D

I love it!!

This is what I'd look like if I had to watch the Eurovision.

a-clockwork-orange6001.jpg?w=600

Keno 92 wrote: »
    2 Chainz? From everyone at the hip hop forum, may the lord have mercy on your soul.

Haha, just an example because he was on when I posted. I only really listen to mixtapes and he does be on quite a few of them, last album I bought was Life is Good last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

IvySlayer wrote: »

I love it!!

My sister and I usually sit down with cans of coke and loads of rubbish and just slag the **** out of it. Unfortunately, she's in England in college this year so isn't around. :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I love it!!

Saying this should be a bannable offence.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Saying this should be a bannable hanging offence.

That's better.

• Advertisement

I'm glad that this is the first time I didn't even know the Eurovision was on. Looks like I have a life finally. Solitary as it may be.

I dunno if it's off-topic enough but I stuck on ESPN thinking I'd see the UFC main event but apparently it was already over and Brazilian football highlights are on instead. I've never seen such good highlights, ya'd swear they were all Brazilian like.

Lying in bed last night when I really needed to sleep - "GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY"
    Walking home this evening - "GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY"

I don't even like that song but it's stuck in my head again since I read your post. Damn you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone else in to photography at all? I recently took the plunge and bought a DSLR camera and am in the process of learning. Have the camera now about 5 weeks, joined a local photography group and have been out with them a few times which is a great way of learning.

Have a Flickr account that I am now actually using. Still have less than 20 shots up but if you have a minute have a look:

www.flickr.com/photos/adox66

Surely I'm not alone n my recent interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

adox wrote: »
    Anyone else in to photography at all? I recently took the plunge and bought a DSLR camera and am in the process of learning. Have the camera now about 5 weeks, joined a local photography group and have been out with them a few times which is a great way of learning.

Have a Flickr account that I am now actually using. Still have less than 20 shots up but if you have a minute have a look:

It is, or was, hobby of mine as well but I dont really bring out the camera that much anymore and I feel terribly guilty for it.

Got a lovely new lens for last christmas and its sitting over in the corner of room :(

The problem I think is that I dont print out the photos. I think if I did that I'd have a bit more enthusiasm for it. Also, I should bring it out when there are farmers markets and few crowds about, tend to only use it for landscapes which can be terribly boring.

Heading of on holidays in a week or so and will bringing it with me so hopefully that will give me some inspiration.

Edit: Some nice shots on your flickr account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Don't have the camera for it but I enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kid got his photo taken with his footballing idol today and got to play football with him, hes 8 and like all of us we shouted our "players" name when we scored as nippers.

Mine was Laudrup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Comment on youtube:
    "Calling out King Leonidas was never a smart move, you dumb bitch."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

This is brilliant!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

****ing exams. Im supposed to be done with all this ****e.

Roll on half 2 when I can get straight into the pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Fair dues! Some lovely photos there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

On a different note found this youtube video via the Mario Gomez button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What type of camera ye start off with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RasTa wrote: »
    What type of camera ye start off with?

I bought a Nikon D3200:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-D3200-Digital-Camera-18-55mm/dp/B007VBGTX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369665678&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+d3200

There was a €50 euro cash back offer on at the time(only a few weeks ago) that may be still on. register the camera online and they send you out a Visa card with €50 pre loaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Bought that camera about 2 months ago in Switzerland for 360 euro. About 450 Swiss Francs. Great camera, great deal.

Some of ye may have seen this, but i thought it worth sharing.
    Take a few minutes to read it, powerful and brave article for a 22 year old fella to write. Cavan senior GAA goalkeeper, Alan O'Mara documents his experience with depression.

I suffered from depression a while back, and I was lucky in that I had a couple of good friends to point me in the right direction. I spoke to the right people at the right time for me, and thankfully am over it now. Couple of things said on here and by a couple of posters also helped me immeasurably.

Hopefully this could help anyone affected realise that there is help available.

Read it here
    ‘I am staring into space and thinking about how I have played a match with tears in the back of my eyes . . . ’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah I read it earlier in the day. It's a good read and he describes his emotions very well.

Sure he can dance, but can he stick it away from 12 yards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Was told about the article written by Alan O'Mara, so popped in to read it. That's powerful writing. I don't think I've ever seen depression described so accurately before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

So.... this is a "thing" apparently.

My life was better not knowing that video existed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Wow, just saw the latest episode of GoT, some finish!

THFC wrote: »

Haven't seen any of s3 yet. Have them all sky+'d- gonna do a run through of them all in one lump....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I got bored GOT this season after first 2 or 3 episodes and stopped watching .

Probably go back to it when it's finished .

THFC wrote: »

Knew what was coming from reading the books, looking forward to facebook going mad :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Jax Teller wrote: »

Watch them this week, final episode is next Sunday. Its sooooo good. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just finished watching that there, well shocking didn't see that coming at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jax Teller wrote: »

Wish I did that, hate this waiting around shíte. Had to wait 2 weeks between ep 8 and ep 9 because of some holiday in America:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Best of Luck to any other members of the soccer forum that like myself are doing the Leaving Cert tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Best of Luck to any other members of the soccer forum that like myself are doing the Leaving Cert tomorrow!
    Yea we get it, you're young, stop rubbing our wrinkly, weathered, old faces in it :pac:

Yea we get it, you're young, stop rubbing our wrinkly, weathered, old faces in it :pac:

You'd go over to him and give him a slap if it wasn't for the dodgy hip too.

God damn whipper snappers.

• Advertisement

I have just completed Season 1 of Game of Thrones.

It's a good show all right, you'd swear it was the best thing ever according to some people.
    Poor Boromir :(

Best of luck to ya,young fella.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ah so this explains the weather...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ya haha, im not finished until this day fortnight so ye should have a nice spell of good weather ahead!

btw good luck Copper

Always read the questions twice etc etc

2008 was my leaving cert, Granny lit a candle for me :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement