Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

has anyone ever used tagged, hahaha it so funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone heading to The Gaslight Anthem gigs tonight or tomorrow? Been looking forward to them for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah, me! On the bus to Dublin now. You standing or seated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Why can't I get Last of Us anywhere?! Had to go with Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yeah, me! On the bus to Dublin now. You standing or seated?

Standing tonight...seating tomorrow. However my OH is due any day now so I fully expect a phone call just as they walk onstage. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Standing tonight...seating tomorrow. However my OH is due any day now so I fully expect a phone call just as they walk onstage. :D

I'm sitting. I'll see more that way! If you see a short girl on her own with a boards t-shirt on, don't be afraid to say hi!
    If the baby arrives before it, you'll be due some good fathers day presents in the future to make up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

RasTa wrote: »
    Why can't I get Last of Us anywhere?! Had to go with Amazon.
    Because everyone that has played it told everyone else how damn good it is and they went and got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Turtyturd wrote: »

Congrats man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any good films lads? Finished the leaving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What kinda film you looking for? Might help narrow it down ;).

• Advertisement

What kinda film you looking for? Might help narrow it down ;).

Anything really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

No film recommendation but congrats!

Anything really!

Right I'll throw out a short list

The Goods Live Hard Sell Hard
    Supertroopers
    The Host (korean film not Hollywood film of the same name)
    Oldboy
    Battle Royale
    Natural Born Killers
    Flame and Citron
    True Romance
    American History X
    How to Train our Dragon
    IP Man
    Sleepers
    We were Soldiers
    Hot Tub Time Machine

Should find something in there you'd like

Supertroopers
    Oldboy
    Battle Royale
    Natural Born Killers
    Flame and Citron
    True Romance
    American History X
    How to Train our Dragon
    IP Man
    Sleepers
    We were Soldiers
    Hot Tub Time Machine

That list should keep me going for a while! Sound :D

Congrats Copper_Pipe. Hope results go well for ya and all that. Any idea what you want to do next year? Finished college myself, waiting for my results on Friday! Starting work in August as well. Where did all my free college time go to..

Anyway, some obvious ones off the top of my head in case you haven't seen them yet

The Usual Suspects
    Lucky Number Sleven
    Shawshank Redemption
    Pulp Fiction

And for some easy watching comedy - Other Guys or Old School

I've a hard drive of films and tv shows so shout and I can go drag up the names of some of the stuff I have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Supertroopers
    Oldboy
    Battle Royale
    Natural Born Killers
    Flame and Citron
    True Romance
    American History X
    How to Train our Dragon
    IP Man
    Sleepers
    We were Soldiers
    Hot Tub Time Machine

Good list man.

Knex. wrote: »
    Congrats Copper_Pipe. Hope results go well for ya and all that. Any idea what you want to do next year? Finished college myself, waiting for my results on Friday! Starting work in August as well. Where did all my free college time go to..

Anyway, some obvious ones off the top of my head in case you haven't seen them yet

The Usual Suspects
    Lucky Number Sleven
    Shawshank Redemption
    Pulp Fiction

And for some easy watching comedy - Other Guys or Old School

I've a hard drive of films and tv shows so shout and I can go drag up the names of some of the stuff I have!

Ah, 1st choice is Electronic & Computer engineering in UL. Electronics is the second choice, also in UL.

Good list man.

Cheers im into my films, and I'm still a bit old school in that I like buying the physical copies only problem is I've kinda ran out of space for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Edward Norton was immense in American History X...

Edward Norton was immense in American History X...

Yeh one of my favorite films of all time. He's also amazing in Primal Fear and 25th Hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Edward Norton eh?

Fight Club. Enough said.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

RasTa wrote: »
    PS3 pad is fine btw, I own both and prefer the dual shock.

They have made the PS4 pad bigger for the 360 fatboys.

It's not the pad size, it's the shape and especially the r2 and l2 buttons, they're not as comfortable as the xbox one. Also the switch of the stick and the d-pad (can't even remember the right names for these 2 things) are not as good for the PS. That said next console will be a PS4 with an xbox style controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Supertroopers
    Oldboy
    Battle Royale
    Natural Born Killers
    Flame and Citron
    True Romance
    American History X
    How to Train our Dragon
    IP Man
    Sleepers
    We were Soldiers
    Hot Tub Time Machine

If you like foreign films you should check out 'The Raid' great Indonesian action movie.

Also La confidential is a must see film.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    If you like foreign films you should check out 'The Raid' great Indonesian action movie.

Also La confidential is a must see film.

Yeh The Raid is class got to see that in the cinema, it got a short release in a lot of cinemas.

One of the few films I was at were the crowd watching really got animated they were so caught up in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

*condescending tone*

I watched Seven Samurai when I was your age and it blew me away. Watch and report back.

Has anyone tried this yet? http://footee.ie/

I'd say be a bit of craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Good Will Hunting.

Though I have somewhat stopped watching films due to the amount of excellent T.V. that is present in this day and age. Just get Netflix and go mad.

Go on the Heat!!!

Champs again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Talking of films anyone on here watch "A serbain Fim". That is one ****ed up film especially the one with the deleted scenes.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Talking of films anyone on here watch "A serbain Fim". That is one ****ed up film especially the one with the deleted scenes.

A friend of mine watched it and said he wasn't right for days.

Why would you put yourself through that?

No thanks.

A friend of mine watched it and said he wasn't right for days.

Why would you put yourself through that?

No thanks.

I fast forwarded a lot of it, there was one scene really bad, i really dont know how anyone can let it be released with that scene in it.

Will watch anything ****ing hell I have even stayed in apparently haunted places by myself as dares but this gave me few scares

Dont do it children.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Wish I was more like you, I used to get scared watching Are You Afraid of the Dark?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Should have recommended it to Copper Pipe :pac:

Not watched it, nor do I have any intention of doing so. In saying that, curiosity got the better of me and I read the plot of the film on Wiki a year or two ago. Wished I hadn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Mates 21st next week, we dunno where we should go? Toss up between Everleigh Gardens(place is unraaaaaaail), Coppers or the Wright Venue, opinions?

• Advertisement

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Mates 21st next week, we dunno where we should go? Toss up between Everleigh Gardens(place is unraaaaaaail), Coppers or the Wright Venue, opinions?

Sure go to Serbia. Be grand :P

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Should have recommended it to Copper Pipe :pac:

Not watched it, nor do I have any intention of doing so. In saying that, curiosity got the better of me and I read the plot of the film on Wiki a year or two ago. Wished I hadn't.

Yep,that's what I did as well and I felt the same.

@ The Kew Tour,my mate that watched it said he didn't find it scary just beyond revolting haha. He said The Human Centipede 2 was pretty nasty as well.

I don't know why people put themselves through that. Why watch something that's gonna **** you up for a few days? It must be like being a Stoke fan :D

I'll watch a Serbian film tonight ;)

Fair enough but you've been warned so don't come crying to us when your **** gets ****ed up :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I know you are probably messing but just in case, I wouldn't bother. It's unbelievably bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Premier League is to request a court order forcing internet service providers to block a popular football streaming website before the next season.

The League wants ISPs to cut off access to FirstRow1.eu, which operates from Sweden.

The BBC understands none of the ISPs plan to challenge the court order.

If successful, the action will be the first non-music-related site block in the UK.

The Premier League's move follows a precedent set by the BPI music industry body, which has been successful in having several piracy websites blocked in the UK, most notably the Pirate Bay.

In those cases, ISPs have stood firm and insisted they would only take action if ordered to do so by the courts.

The UK's major ISPs each received a letter from the Premier League outlining a possible court order, and were given a deadline of Friday to signal any intent to challenge the action.

When approached by the BBC, none of the ISPs would comment specifically on the Premier League's planned action, but all reiterated that blocking of sites would not be done voluntarily.
    'Conflicts of interest'

The situation raises additional issues for BT, as from next season it will be a major distributor of Premier League football through its new sports TV channels.

BT has paid £246m for rights to show Premier League football, while Sky paid £760m for its portion of the coverage.

Sky's ISP operation has historically been seen as taking a more sympathetic stance with copyright holders requesting the blocking of sites, whereas BT has in the past taken such battles to court on behalf of the ISP industry as a whole.

Jim Killock, of the Open Rights Group, said he worried that conflicted interests might lead to the blocking process becoming less transparent.

"All of the major ISPs now have differing degrees of conflicts of interest," he told the BBC.

"Sky, BT, Virgin and TalkTalk all supply televisions services now, so we have to expect that there will be more reluctance to be as transparent as they have been in the past."

Mr Killock also expressed concern that as the process for granting court orders gets quicker, it may lead to sites being wrongly blocked out.

"It's possible that very legitimate services will at some point be attacked by one of these orders.

"Our main concern here is that these orders should be considered slowly, and they should be subject to much more public review."

FirstRow1.eu did not respond to the BBC's request for comment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23004880

Wonder how long before Irish isp's are asked to block streaming sites?

adox wrote: »
    I know you are probably messing but just in case, I wouldn't bother. It's unbelievably bad.

I wasn't messing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

The quality on FirstRow is shïte anyway .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I wasn't messing

Saw it ages ago,just watch it to say you did.As a movie it's crap.

Anyhow,I'm off to watch The Lions game.

zerks wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23004880

Wonder how long before Irish isp's are asked to block streaming sites?

There's a thread on this already. Can't link at the mo but I think it's called Is This The End?

Yep,that's what I did as well and I felt the same.

@ The Kew Tour,my mate that watched it said he didn't find it scary just beyond revolting haha. He said The Human Centipede 2 was pretty nasty as well.

I don't know why people put themselves through that. Why watch something that's gonna **** you up for a few days? It must be like being a Stoke fan :D

I won't lie I actually had a nightmare about one part and woke up tiny bit shaken. Ha

Maybe I'm just gettin too old ;-)

niallo27 wrote: »

Buddy of mine told me about it around a year ago and then fast forwarded through bits of it. Scarred man. Scarred. :(

It's also on YouTube, completely uncensored, which is madness.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Never into those 'shock movies', even the likes of 2girls1cup I wouldn't bother with. Don't see the point in disgusting yourself.

Worst I've watched is Cannibal Holocaust (Director was in trouble for animal abuse and had to prove the actors were unharmed afterwards).

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Knex. wrote: »
    Buddy of mine told me about it around a year ago and then fast forwarded through bits of it. Scarred man. Scarred. :(

It's also on YouTube, completely uncensored, which is madness.

The part with the baby is seriously ****ed up, who thinks that kind of stuff. I'm immune to most shock things but this was too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Nasri has seen better days.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement