Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

A serbian film is ****ed up ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

You were warned....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The bit at the start is good, it goes downhill fast after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Never into those 'shock movies', even the likes of 2girls1cup I wouldn't bother with. Don't see the point in disgusting yourself.

Indeed, very little if any merit in them at all. I'll take a good psychological thriller over them any day of the week.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Watched Se7en for the first time last night since I think '98. Forgot how great a movie it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Watched Se7en for the first time last night since I think '98. Forgot how great a movie it is.

I bet you that Xbox/PS4 .gif inspired you to watch it again?

It did me but I aint got around to it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I see BT will available on the Setanta pack here from August. No pricing revealed yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Here lads what's the name of that song that's often played after a goal is scored in the LOI? *Forgive this* but the music sounds like "da da da da da//da da da da da//da da da da da da//" which is followed by the crowd shouting hey hey. It's a house/dance/club sorta song and has a female vocalist in it. Was fairly popular a good few years ago.

Edit: Nevermind found it. Chase the Sun by Planet Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The newborn part. Holy f*cking s*it. Why do I watch these things.

I heard it was bad, but that part was jaw dropping. How did they allow that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Stahp talking about it :(

No way in hell I'm watching it, but stop making me curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Manc-Red wrote: »
    I see BT will available on the Setanta pack here from August. No pricing revealed yet though.

Yeh we were doing stuff in work for this last night it will be bt1 and BT 2 and ESPN offered in the pack along with Setanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sort us out on the hush-hush then yeah Marty? I want my UFC back >.<

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

Lads, seem some interview advice. Never had one before.

When they ask questions like "a time you showed initiative" are they looking for academic situations or can it be things I've done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Andersonisgod's Xbox profile. Busted.

7XKMFwRl.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

When they ask questions like "a time you showed initiative" are they looking for academic situations or can it be things I've done?

Personally I'd assume it's anything applicable, whether it's academic, work, for charity, a hobby you're passionate about etc. Trying to stand out from the other candidates is important so maybe avoiding the common academic/work examples would be better?

I'm no interview expert though :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »

But he plays minecraft so he's redeemed in my eyes

But he plays minecraft so he's redeemed in my eyes

Pfft. Vanilla minecraft gets a bit stale no?

Pfft. Vanilla minecraft gets a bit stale no?

Ah yeah, fun to come back to every so often though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bit disappointed it's all an act, his posts are hilarious.

Or maybe it isn't an act and he's just one of those football fans who switches teams as they please. The kind I hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

For the Breaking Bad fans.

http://jamesturner.im/breaking-bad/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Can I just renew my provisional licence, or must I do the test again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Is that really his profile?

/me adds it

IvySlayer wrote: »

/me adds it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82549599

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Can I just renew my provisional licence, or must I do the test again?

First or second provisional?

What is on andersonisgod's page that's funny?

What is on andersonisgod's page that's funny?

It was proof that it was him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So is Andersonisgod a United fan?
    thought he was Barca/Spain/Chelsea every now and again!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Mars Bar wrote: »
    First or second provisional?

First. Think it was in 2010 I did it.

It was proof that it was him.

Is this sarcasm or am I missing something? :pac:

IvySlayer wrote: »

/me adds it

^^^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Does his bio at least say 'Born to play for Barcelona' 'Raised on the values and traditions of La Mesa' or 'Goal, Goal, Goal'?

First. Think it was in 2010 I did it.

Then you can get a second one no problem I think. I think your provisional runs out after two years but you can renew it within five years without doing the theory again AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

You have to have attempted a driving test in that period to renew. So you would need to show the documentation for that.

You can apply for your driving test and then reapply.

You have to have attempted a driving test in that period to renew. So you would need to show the documentation for that.

You can apply for your driving test and then reapply.

I think that's only if your second provisional is running out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Yeah maybe you're right. Must be for your third one so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I think that's only if your second provisional is running out though.

Have the rules not changed though? I know that used to be the case but since they have gotten a lot stricter I thought that would have changed.

My own two cents on the whole thing the way we teach driving in this country is an absolute shambles, should model it on the likes of Finland's test.

My girlfriend renewed her 1st provisional a couple of weeks ago and didn't need to redo the test.

Edit: she never attempted the driving test either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Just to clear that up pretty quickly, I share the Sheamus profile with my two brothers, anyway whose played clubs with me before knows that a common phrase I will say is "I have to go, my brothers want to play" they will then continue to play on the Sheamus profile. I've never played minecraft in my life, my youngest brother does and I sometimes laugh at him as a result.

The profile was altered by my middle brother's Man Utd loving friends. There was more of it on there but I got rid of some of it, I haven't a clue how you change the parts that are left on it though (so yes, I am in a way a technology dunce) I did manage to add tiki taka to the profile just to regain some sanity and goodness to the thing. I don't bother to change it now anyway, I barely play the xbox, my brothers have their own accounts each now and I haven't had live for months.

So no, I'm not a Man Utd fan. What self respecting Man Utd fan would actually write some of that stuff on their profile? Nonsense.

Just to clear that up pretty quickly, I share the Sheamus profile with my two brothers, anyway whose played clubs with me before knows that a common phrase I will say is "I have to go, my brothers want to play" they will then continue to play on the Sheamus profile. I've never played minecraft in my life, my youngest brother does and I sometimes laugh at him as a result.

The profile was altered by my middle brother's Man Utd loving friends. There was more of it on there but I got rid of some of it, I haven't a clue how you change the parts that are left on it though (so yes, I am in a way a technology dunce) I did manage to add tiki taka to the profile just to regain some sanity and goodness to the thing. I don't bother to change it now anyway, I barely play the xbox, my brothers have their own accounts each now and I haven't had live for months.

So no, I'm not a Man Utd fan. What self respecting Man Utd fan would actually write some of that stuff on their profile? Nonsense.

A closet United fan would say that, wouldnt he? :pac:

• Advertisement

A closet United fan would say that, wouldnt he? :pac:

I wouldn't know:P

Anyway who recognises my username knows I was on the old sky sports forum, where I did pretend to be a Man Utd fan, just to prove a point to myself (the point being that on most football forums the opinion of a Man Utd fan carries more weight than that of any other fan) it eventually became pretty clear I wasn't a Man Utd fan (it was too difficult to hide my pro-Chelsea bias) and I admitted to being a Chelsea fan. Some though suspected I was lying and that I'd always been a Man Utd fan. Anyone who knows me will know that I don't like Man Utd, I'd go as far as to say they are my least favourite club in world football, thus why my brothers friends (all of them Man Utd fans, blast them) had a bit of fun with my xbox profile. It's been like that for ages, I tried to change it a while back, I got rid of some stuff but there's still some Man Utd stuff on it. Like I said, I gave up, I don't have gold so whose going to see my profile now anyway? (all of the soccer section on boards apparently)

Also, just in case anyone thinks the Sheamus in my gamertag refers to some long forgotten Man Utd kitman named Sheamus, it doesn't. It's in tribute to Irish born WWE wrestler Sheamus.

Your Boards username (Andersonisgod) originates from what?

Your Boards username (Andersonisgod) originates from what?

I've done this already tonight. My boards username is a username I've used previously and it is a reference to current, reigning and defending UFC Middleweight champion and pound for pound best fighter in the world, Anderson "Spider" Silva, a hero of mine.

Like I said, what kind of person dedicates their username to the average Brazilian midfielder Anderson? There's so many more "Anderson's" my username could be in reference to instead of Man Utd's "Anderson" however the reference is, and always has, been to the great Brazilian fighter.

Must be nice supporting Chelsea and Barca :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Must be nice supporting Chelsea and Barca :)

Not to mention the best pound for pound fighter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Also, just in case anyone thinks the Sheamus in my gamertag refers to some long forgotten Man Utd kitman named Sheamus, it doesn't. It's in tribute to Irish born WWE wrestler Sheamus.

This is where the story falls apart...given your fondness for the successful things in life your gamertag would be a tribute to John Cena. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

The web of lies is unraveling, who in this world ca we trust?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mr Anderson... It seems you have been living 2 lives.

Agent-Smith-in-The-Matrix-agent-smith-24029546-1360-768.jpg

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This is where the story falls apart...given your fondness for the successful things in life your gamertag would be a tribute to John Cena. :pac:

I have a strong dislike of Cena. It's not really success I like, it's sublime talent. Something Barca, Spain and Anderson Silva all share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I have a strong dislike of Cena. It's not really success I like, it's sublime talent. Something Barca, Spain and Anderson Silva all share.

Chelsea?

Chelsea?

Yes Chelsea. I was a big fan of Zola and Tore Andre Flo. Didier Drogba is my all time favourite player, IMO a once in a lifetime player, the finest striker of his kind of his generation. The current squad is exceptional, the quality and potential of Hazard, Mata and Oscar is undeniable.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement