Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wanted to start a thread on it but its stupid :D so best off here.

So Toe blows, toe pokes, big toeing it....

Fair game or utterly disgusting? :D

our screamer of an 86th minute equaliser in Europa League last night was a big toe...... do i care? not in the slightest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wanted to start a thread on it but its stupid :D so best off here.

Fair game or utterly disgusting? :D

our screamer of an 86th minute equaliser in Europa League last night was a big toe...... do i care? not in the slightest :D

1148_1253230725640.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

dreamers75 wrote: »

Whatever you're into man, just make sure her toes are clean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I don't think there is a much stigma attached to them in professional football as there was in the game of play ground world cup where they were the weapon of choice for the class giant...or the kid who only got a game to make up the numbers. Understandable too since professional goalkeepers don't run the risk of a career threatening injury by taking a blow to the thigh from one of those yellow plastic footballs from hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Are you on about bog toeing it? Or bull-toe as we called it.

Always big toeing where I grew up (coolock)....same f*ckers would always manage to connect one with your tailbone during a fight...Ouch.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

For a second, I thought Dreamers was on about some weird fetish of his :eek: :pac:

We used to call it toe bog or toe bogging the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Are you on about bog toeing it? Or bull-toe as we called it.

the **** is a bull toe?

Clearly someone misheard bog-toe and it stuck!

Although why anyone would think bog toe makes sense either is beyond me. Where did the term bog toe come from?

Clearly someone misheard bog-toe and it stuck!

Although why anyone would think bog toe makes sense either is beyond me. Where did the term bog toe come from?

You're losing it. Withdrawal symptoms from lack of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood!

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    You're losing it. Withdrawal symptoms from lack of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I picked up AC3 for a fiver on the Xbox sale just gone. I thought 1 was crap, 2 was good but the ending was so trippy, I never played Brotherhood or Revelations.

I'm looking forward to playing 3 though.

Was in Gamestop yesterday and a used disc of Revelations was €19.99.
    What a rip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Was in Gamestop yesterday and a used disc of Revelations was €19.99.
    What a rip off.

Do you want the game for free?

Edited to say I'm offering rather than being snarky :p

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Do you want the game for free?

Edited to say I'm offering rather than being snarky :p
    I'll take it! I was first!

I'll take it! I was first!

In the case of a new contender for the game, it appears there is only one resolution.

A fight to the death to the sound of this:

Also, I have a copy of Assassins Creed 3 to give away. Both for the PS3.

I was just dicking about, I don't want any part of a death match. Not after last time.

I was just dicking about, I don't want any part of a death match. Not after last time.

You die?

Really Aaron? That'd be class. I'll take both and cover the postage at the very least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Always big toeing where I grew up (coolock)....same f*ckers would always manage to connect one with your tailbone during a fight...Ouch.

Thank god I'm not from the Northside, cos I have no idea what you are talking about :D

Really Aaron? That'd be class. I'll take both and cover the postage at the very least!

Just PM me your particulars and I'll fire them your way next week.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just PM me your particulars and I'll fire them your way next week.

must not

turn

phrase

I have to admit, I used that phrase for that particular reason :p

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I picked up AC3 for a fiver on the Xbox sale just gone. I thought 1 was crap, 2 was good but the ending was so trippy, I never played Brotherhood or Revelations.

I'm looking forward to playing 3 though.

DON'T START ME OFF KENO! :P

1 gets a lot of heat, but considering it was one of the early, big-ish titles to be released on current gen consoles, and offered what many of us had never really experienced before in an open world game with such level of detail in graphics and a parkour element which transitioned quite easily from running to combat. For me, it offset against some of the general repetitiveness of the missions.

2 was a masterpiece with Brotherhood pretty much being close to it.

Revelations is alright but what ruined it for many was the inclusion of a den defence game was just infuriating :mad: However the game ending (last 20 minutes or so is beautifully done) and again, for me at least makes up for other aspects. Worth watching the ending on Youtube if you're not going to play the game itself.

3 is the tweener for me of the whole series and since you haven't played it, I won't say much about it story-wise. Overall, the graphics and physics engine as well as the ship battles in particular are fantastic.

Multiplayer is underrated in all the games that have included, ie: onwards from Brotherhood.

Assassin's Creed sucks, as do all Halo games.

Left4Dead ftw.

• Advertisement

2 was a masterpiece.

:)

IvySlayer wrote: »
    as do all Halo games.

You're not from the Northside but I think GTFO is a universal term. :D

3 is a classic
    Reach is really good
    4 is a COD inspired wankfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

1 gets a lot of heat, but considering it was one of the early, big-ish titles to be released on current gen consoles, and offered what many of us had never really experienced before in an open world game with such level of detail in graphics and a parkour element which transitioned quite easily from running to combat. For me, it offset against some of the general repetitiveness of the missions.

2 was a masterpiece with Brotherhood pretty much being close to it.

Revelations is alright but what ruined it for many was the inclusion of a den defence game was just infuriating :mad: However the game ending (last 20 minutes or so is beautifully done) and again, for me at least makes up for other aspects. Worth watching the ending on Youtube if you're not going to play the game itself.

3 is the tweener for me of the whole series and since you haven't played it, I won't say much about it story-wise. Overall, the graphics and physics engine as well as the ship battles in particular are fantastic.

Multiplayer is underrated in all the games that have included, ie: onwards from Brotherhood.

Have yet to play 2 but finished 3 about two months ago.

Overall, thought it was a very well done game.

Try not to read the following Keno! :D
    Didn't like how it ended at all though as I thought it went against the series ethos somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Assassin's Creed 1 was the best, followed closely by 2. Brotherhood was meh, Revelations made me resent playing it and #3 was too shít for me to even buy. I'll be avoiding Pirates Cove edition, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Assassins Creed 2 was possibly the best game i've played. Brotherhood was also class....

One from a few years back that I really enjoyed too was The Saboteur. Maybe a little simplistic, but I thought it was really clever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Far cry 3, I know I was late to the party but it is magic

Knex. wrote: »
    Have yet to play 2 but finished 3 about two months ago.

Overall, thought it was a very well done game.

Try not to read the following Keno! :D
    Didn't like how it ended at all though as I thought it went against the series ethos somewhat.

Re: spoilers, it pissed me off greatly. Reminded me of Lost's finale and the guesswork, well, going back as far back as a few episodes into the first series when people were guessing purgatory , basically it was the obvious way to end the series but me and others had hoped for something spectacular and different. Same with ACIII.

Loved the Frontier, but it wasn't fleshed out in things to do I felt Boston and New York as a setting for as assassin were quite dull. Little to no point in using rooftops at least compared to the previous settings.

Lot of people share a disdain for Connor but anyone who knows anything about Native American history knows that the tribal warriors/protectors were VERY serious in nature too. As well as that, Altair got two games to develop his character basically. Ezio got three, THREE games! Connor got one and is the most hated. Go figure.

The cinematic trailer compared to game is another thing that greatly annoyed me in terms of epic sized battles. There were a few but they were nothing like what was shown in that trailer. Probably current-gen limitations played their part, but Ubisoft should NEVER have shown the trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Do I go S4 or iphone? Anyone recommend the best network as well (would be a heavy user so unlimited type deals)

Uh oh, a wild Assassins Creed aficionado has appeared!

All I remember from one was a load of traveling and repetitiveness!
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed sucks, as do all Halo games.

Left4Dead ftw.

You shut your whore mouth. I got L4D2 in the sale too, you have it?
    Pudsy33 wrote: »

Brilliant game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Do I go S4 or iphone? Anyone recommend the best network as well (would be a heavy user so unlimited type deals)
    S4 definitely, coming from a person who was an Apple man for 5-6 years.

As for networks, I recommend the 48Months crowd. €20 per month, unlimited calls & texts to all networks, 50 mins to landlines, 3GB Data. Network speed doesn't seem to be quite as fast as 3 who I used to be on.

I'd be recommending Android anyway, regardless.

As for network, anyone but Meteor who I'm currently in contract with. Value just isn't there. Have friends who are very happy with both O2 and 3.

Gadge wrote: »
    S4 definitely, coming from a person who was an Apple man for 5-6 years.

As for networks, I recommend the 48Months crowd. €20 per month, unlimited calls & texts to all networks, 50 mins to landlines, 3GB Data. Network speed doesn't seem to be quite as fast as 3 who I used to be on.
    I'd be recommending Android anyway, regardless.

As for network, anyone but Meteor who I'm currently in contract with. Value just isn't there. Have friends who are very happy with both O2 and 3.

Cheers lads. Was flipping between the 48 or 3 deal. Think I may go with 3 at €55 a month as they have 15gb usage but it only covers 3 to 3 calls so i can see myself getting a hefty bump on my bill each month :mad:

Cheers lads. Was flipping between the 48 or 3 deal. Think I may go with 3 at €55 a month as they have 15gb usage but it only covers 3 to 3 calls so i can see myself getting a hefty bump on my bill each month :mad:

Make sure you get unlimited texts to all Networks. Its a killer if you don't and you'll notice the hit in the bill.

Make sure you get unlimited texts to all Networks. Its a killer if you don't and you'll notice the hit in the bill.

yeah the €55 deal is unlimited texts - im a texter rather than caller anyway so i guess it wont be too much more making a few calls a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Between Whatsapp and iMessage I'd say I barely send 50 of my 150 bundled texts a month.
    Sacrificed the calls and texts for data. It's all about the data.
    10gb data, 150 texts, 150 minutes.
    Never go over my €25 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

HTC One is better than both ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Between Whatsapp and iMessage I'd say I barely send 50 of my 150 bundled texts a month.
    Sacrificed the calls and texts for data. It's all about the data.
    10gb data, 150 texts, 150 minutes.
    Never go over my €25 a month.
    Would you use up your 10gb of data?
    I don't even use 2gb of data a month as most places I go has Wifi

Liam O wrote: »
    HTC One is better than both ;)

Except if you want updates soon!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

amiable wrote: »

I've 1 gb monthly and rarely go above half that

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I've 1 gb monthly and rarely go above half that
    My allowances is 2gb and I just know I don't ever go over it.
    I didn't set up the app that checks your usage when I changed my phone a few months ago so I have no idea how much I use.
    I have a HTC One X and it's an excellent phone and I'm very happy with it.
    I'd never buy an iphone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

amiable wrote: »
    Usually hit 8-9gb a month. Although once I used up the lot.
    Outside of work I wouldn't use much at all but in work Spotify will use up the majority of it. Also use the Hotspot function for streaming football on the laptop in work.
    Now the football is done I've just finished watching the first season of Arrested Development on my lunch breaks.

The more you have the more you use I find. I could get away with 2gb for 18 months, then I had 5gb for another while and that was fine too. It's easily done with certain apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I'm on meteor bill pay at the moment but I'm switching to 3 pay as you go . Their 20euro deal seems great .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think my favourite single player story driven game, ever, has to be Red Dead: Redemption.

S4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iPhone all day, everyday.
    Pudsy33 wrote: »

Lay off the shrooms :p

Nah I really liked it but for the quick time event battles with the bosses and the fact that
    Vaas dies far too early into the game
    for my liking, one of the great gaming villains of all time :(

• Advertisement

My grandad offered to buy me credit earlier on....it took me a while to cop on and explain barely anyone uses credit nowadays :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement