Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Aren't three and emobile doing unlimited plans for about €40/month....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I have the new iPhone and I can't fault it really, on meteor and I get 3 GB internet and free any network texts for €20 a month.

It does everything I need with apps and also has my whole iTunes library on it. Even though there isn't much I'd change about the phone, iOS7 looks brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If you have a decent data plan I couldn't recommend Spotify enough. For a tenner a month you've got access to an unbelievable catalogue of music to stream. It's got almost everything on there, across every genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Al Capwned wrote: »

yeah but im after the phone as well. bumps it up to €55 then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Al Capwned wrote: »

I'm with 3 as PAYG, and for a single 20e top-up I get unlimited texts to any network, unlimited data, free any network calls on weekends and free 3-to-3 calls anytime.

Billpay is for the weak! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I'm with 3 as PAYG, and for a single 20e top-up I get unlimited texts to any network, unlimited data, free any network calls on weekends and free 3-to-3 calls anytime.

Billpay is for the weak! :D

Whats the fair usage on the data? 15GB?

No idea. Yer man told me it was unlimited. I said how unlimited is unlimited and he said unlimited unlimited. I have it on 24/7 and have yet to be given any notice about going over my "fair limit"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ya the fair usage is 15GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

That new IKEA ad freaks me out :(

F**king loving this weather. For all the pissing and moaning about this country and the climate that we all do, there's not many places I would swap for on days like these. 23 degrees at 11:30 am :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

F**king loving this weather. For all the pissing and moaning about this country and the climate that we all do, there's not many places I would swap for on days like these. 23 degrees at 11:30 am :eek:

In before someone complains "it's too hot"

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Poor gingers :pac:

With the help of Nuri Sahin, I have discovered vanilla ice cream sprinkled with azera coffee is one of the greatest combinations ever!

Poor gingers :pac:

They have no sous dont ya know. :pac:
    With the help of Nuri Sahin, I have discovered vanilla ice cream sprinkled with azera coffee is one of the greatest combinations ever!

Da fuq?? :eek::confused::eek:

Could ya not get a coffee ice cream nah? :p

That would be too mainstream :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

IvySlayer wrote: »
    That new IKEA ad freaks me out :(

The Harvey Norman add on the radio is starting to do my nut in :mad:

And yes, this weather is awesome :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Like me, despite my Asian background :pac:

I don't mind it when abroad as you're expecting the heat. Today is alright, bit of a breeze at least even if it's horribly humid.

They have no sous dont ya know. :pac:

Da fuq?? :eek::confused::eek:

Could ya not get a coffee ice cream nah? :p

Azera is the coffee of the fine established, gentleman sir. When the shops occasionally sell Azera for €2 is time to strike and commence Operation Azera Raid. I can only drink that and Carte Noire. The rest takes like crap.

I love the heat during the day, not during the night though

I love the heat during the day, not during the night though
    Almost every good thing has a downside. It's life's way of keeping annoying, permanently over happy people to a minimum :)

Eg: Great night out? Here, have a hangover.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Azera is the coffee of the fine established, gentleman sir. When the shops occasionally sell Azera for €2 is time to strike and commence Operation Azera Raid. I can only drink that and Carte Noire. The rest takes like crap.

I've never ever drunk a cup of tea or coffee.

I've tasted both and decided I dont like hot drinks, same goes for hot chocolate.

Drinks are meant to be cool and refreshing not hot.

:mad: :pac:

• Advertisement

I've tasted both and decided I dont like hot drinks, same goes for hot chocolate.

I used to be the exact same until about a year ago. I used to only drink to cool myself down.

Now I can't stop drinking coffee. Six months working in New York killed me in that regard :P

Knex. wrote: »
    I used to be the exact same until about a year ago. I used to only drink to cool myself down.

Now I can't stop drinking coffee. Six months working in New York killed me in that regard :P

Freaks :P

I can't live without tea and coffee, hot or cold (ice). Known to regularly go through a few cups a day of tea at least, except during the summer really.

I'll be heading out to NY (again) on Friday for a couple of weeks. Hopeful of finding some permanent work out there.

I'll be heading out to NY (again) on Friday for a couple of weeks. Hopeful of finding some permanent work out there.

Best of luck with it mate. Enjoy the few weeks over if nothing else!

Wish I was joining you. Would love to go back again for a short while. :)

GTA V gameplay video has dropped, looks brilliant IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »
    Best of luck with it mate. Enjoy the few weeks over if nothing else!

Wish I was joining you. Would love to go back again for a short while. :)

Second all of that...probably my favourite City in the world. But kids and weeks walking round Manhattan don't exactly mix. My trips over there for the forseeable future will consist of Orlando...not that I am complaining as it's another of my favourite places (although I will miss the Impact Zone).

Enjoy Nuri.

Planning on hitting the big apple after college, There's no jobs around where I am unless you have a good few relations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You used to be cool man....you used to be all about the beverages :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »
    You used to be cool man....you used to be all about the beverages :pac:

As long as they're cold or chilled then yes not anythign boiled or piping hot, it aint right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Second all of that...probably my favourite City in the world. But kids and weeks walking round Manhattan don't exactly mix. My trips over there for the forseeable future will consist of Orlando...not that I am complaining as it's another of my favourite places (although I will miss the Impact Zone).

Enjoy Nuri.

Orlando is great spot. Although Florida in general is.

As long as they're cold or chilled then yes not anythign boiled or piping hot, it aint right.

You aint right!

Tea is awesome, at least 3 cups a day.
    Orlando is great spot. Although Florida in general is.

Yeah parents brought us a few years ago. Sunny all day, amazing lightning storms at night :cool:

Disneyworld, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, best holiday ever!!

Has to be barrys tea though!

Has to be barrys tea though!

Lyons or GTFO

Harrods English Breakfast tea - it's a treat I tells you, but expensive, think it's £6 for a tin of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Coffee is king. Can't function without it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Coffee is king. Can't function without it.

That'd be due to caffeine withdrawal :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

D'Agger wrote: »
    Harrods English Breakfast tea - it's a treat I tells you, but expensive, think it's £6 for a tin of it
    Just went to order some from their site. £7.50 for 50 bags. Expensive but I still want to try.
    Delivery £20.
    I'm a man who loves his tea but f*ck that craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Just went to order some from their site. £7.50 for 50 bags. Expensive but I still want to try.
    Delivery £20.
    I'm a man who loves his tea but f*ck that craic.

Parcel Motel if you live in Ireland and have one near you.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Parcel Motel if you live in Ireland and have one near you.
    It's still £6 UK delivery plus whatever Parcel Motel charge. Bit much for a few tea bags :pac:

• Advertisement

Tea is awesome, at least 3 cups a day.

Yeah parents brought us a few years ago. Sunny all day, amazing lightning storms at night :cool:

Disneyworld, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, best holiday ever!!

I would love to be there now. Big Rollacoaster fan and into all these rides. The more scary the more I live them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I would love to be there now. Big Rollacoaster fan and into all these rides. The more scary the more I live them.

Likewise...was over there last summer, and while I am not a fan of Harry Potter I can't describe it as anything other than amazing. Transformers opened a few weeks ago and looks really good too...although nothing tops Spider-man
    IMO...although I may be a little biased.

Haven't had a chance to visit anywhere else in Florida though bar trips to Tampa for Buscch Gardens. One of my goals is to do a road trip across the country based on triple D or Man vs Food episodes. :D

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Likewise...was over there last summer, and while I am not a fan of Harry Potter I can't describe it as anything other than amazing. Transformers opened a few weeks ago and looks really good too...although nothing tops Spider-man
    IMO...although I may be a little biased.

Haven't had a chance to visit anywhere else in Florida though bar trips to Tampa for Buscch Gardens. One of my goals is to do a road trip across the country based on triple D or Man vs Food episodes. :D

Stayed in Tampa for couple of days. Loved Busch Gardens.

If you can afford it then I would do it. Won't regret it. I hope to go again someday. Man Versus food one would sound class. Although might not
    make it home alive ha.

The ridiculous lines for theme/amusement parks in Florida from what I've heard would drive me insane.

Only been to a few myself, mostly in and around New York like Six Flags which is brilliant
    and highly recommend if around that area. Many excellent rollercoasters.

Lost count how many times I've been to Gardaland near Lake Garda in North Italy over the past decade :o, always enjoy it. Was in DisneyLand, but was only 5 and remember very little.

Errr... then there is Bundoran, Funderland, Tramore and such :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The ridiculous lines for theme/amusement parks in Florida from what I've heard would drive me insane.

Only been to a few myself, mostly in and around New York like Six Flags which is brilliant
    and highly recommend if around that area. Many excellent rollercoasters.

Lost count how many times I've been to Gardaland near Lake Garda in North Italy over the past decade :o, always enjoy it. Was in DisneyLand, but was only 5 and remember very little.

Errr... then there is Bundoran, Funderland, Tramore and such :pac:

The lines are only really bad in the summer months and even then I don't mind standing there. September/October is a great time to go. Kids back in school and the weather still brilliant. Very little standing in line.

Favourite Orlando coasters are The Hulk in Universal, Manta and Kraken in Seaworld.

Cafe Tu Tu Tangos on I drive is a great place to go for food. Definitely a different experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is Kraken the one with the reverse loop? No that had something to do with Manta ray's and you are in the flying position, That's the best rollercoaster I've ever being on. Busch Gardens is the best overall park, loved the Cheetha and Sheikra

RasTa wrote: »
    Is Kraken the one with the reverse loop? No that had something to do with Manta ray's and you are in the flying position, That's the best rollercoaster I've ever being on. Busch Gardens is the best overall park, loved the Cheetha and Sheikra

The start of the ride as you go up on Sheikra is dam scary as its so high up and so steep. Feels like you are going to topple over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Whilst I disagree on it being good that it's this warm (bring back the snow), this is excellent insight.

'Drinks' that include boiling water as a major constituent should be banned with life imprisonment.

Was in DisneyLand, but was only 5 and remember very little.

I know that exact feel brah!

I was in Universal/Disney last summer, and the line weren't a problem at all. Most, if not all rides, have an incredibly accurate clock before you even step into the queue that will tell you it's x mins from this point. Plus, it's ideal being in a queue during the peak sun hours as they're all air conditioned :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement