Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I never understood bringing 5 year olds to amusement parks. No way in hell they'll remember it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I never understood bringing 5 year olds to amusement parks. No way in hell they'll remember it.

Just dont feed them alcohol if you want them to remember it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

adox wrote: »
    Just dont feed them alcohol if you want them to remember it,

Dad of the year material here folks :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Can I just bring it to peoples attention that the Thunderdome is under threat of closure atm if anyone is interested in it there is a thread in the thunderdome forum and in feedback, lurkers (like myself) stating their support may help save it. Sorry about bringing another forum in but it's important to me.

My neck hurts, my arms hurt :(

Thank god for aloe vera in the fridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Can I just bring it to peoples attention that the Thunderdome is under threat of closure atm if anyone is interested in it there is a thread in the thunderdome forum and in feedback, lurkers (like myself) stating their support may help save it. Sorry about bringing another forum in but it's important to me.

Huh Thunderdome :confused:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Huh Thunderdome :confused:.

Another forum, has a fair few lurkers just posted for people who know it but might not see the forum before it closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

IvySlayer wrote: »
    My neck hurts, my arms hurt :(

I hope all the people who used to call me halfcast Hosni as school feel the same :pac:

Some fine weather. I like not smelling of sun cream too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Oat23 wrote: »
    I hope all the people who used to call me halfcast Hosni as school feel the same :pac:

Some fine weather. I like not smelling of sun cream too.

But it smells so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pacific rim is class :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

klose wrote: »
    Pacific rim is class :D

Yes it is! Cheesy lines and acting with gigantic robots fighting monsters. Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've a stag tomorrow in Galway.

Cant wait now, piss up, banter and good weather, roll on 4:30. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Enjoy it. Galway is amazing in this weather!

I was up 2 years ago for a weekend just before the races and the weather was good, not this good and it was brilliant, cant wait for more of the same.

Dreading the return bus journey though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I was up 2 years ago for a weekend just before the races and the weather was good, not this good and it was brilliant, cant wait for more of the same.

Dreading the return bus journey though.
    The train is your friend, bag of cans, be grand.

The train is your friend, bag of cans, be grand.

Ha, while a great option its not really viable, I think the rough numbers is about 30-35 going.

I see Setanta bumped up their price to €19.99 a month. Bit harsh on the people who have stuck with them over the years. It was never worth €16.99 a month in the first place but if they kept it at that now it would be a lot more palatable with the extra games this season.

Ha, while a great option its not really viable, I think the rough numbers is about 30-35 going.
    Had fairly similar numbers a few years ago going from Heuston to Loughrea. Great craic over and back.

Had fairly similar numbers a few years ago going from Heuston to Roscrea. Great craic over and back.

Its great craic going up but coming back you'd be in the horrors, think some of the lads want a curer on the way back somewhere, but I suppose, as you said, bag of cans, be grand. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

I see Setanta bumped up their price to €19.99 a month. Bit harsh on the people who have stuck with them over the years. It was never worth €16.99 a month in the first place but if they kept it at that now it would be a lot more palatable with the extra games this season.

Had them on the phone trying to get me to renew my sub after I had cancelled. Just not worth it when i already pay 75 quid for sky and the sports channels.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Had them on the phone trying to get me to renew my sub after I had cancelled. Just not worth it when i already pay 75 quid for sky and the sports channels.
    Just got a letter today to tell me the monthly payments will be increased. Debating whether to keep it or not.
    I'm paying over €100 a month as it is when it's lumped in with Sky. That's far too much.
    Trying to get convince the missus we don't need Sky Movies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Just got a letter today to tell me the monthly payments will be increased. Debating whether to keep it or not.
    I'm paying over €100 a month as it is when it's lumped in with Sky. That's far too much.

Sky Movies is a ridiculous waste of money

You just end up watching any old crap really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sky Movies is such a waste, €336 a year, get yourself a decent media box for €100 and just put the movies on it. I saw the light and now I see all of the Sky Premier movies before they even air them.

Sky Movies is such a waste, €336 a year, get yourself a decent media box for €100 and just put the movies on it. I saw the light and now I see all of the Sky Premier movies before they even air them.
    Pretty sure it's not that much. Think it's €12-15 euro a month.
    But yeah, it ain't even worth that anyway. I very rarely watch them. Her and her cheesy romcoms :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

But yeah, it ain't even worth that anyway. I very rarely watch them. Her and her cheesy romcoms :rolleyes:

Sky website says €28 a month? I'm nearly sure that's what it was when I was paying for it as well. Unless you're on some deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

I've been relegated to the other room cos herself is watching 'Just like heaven'. I just can't bring myself to do it!

Sky website says €28 a month? I'm nearly sure that's what it was when I was paying for it as well. Unless you're on some deal?

If you have sports it's another tenner a money for movies or something. Still not worth it.

Why are Eircom so ****ing useless? The router they keep sending...DOES NOT WORK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

www.myplayertwin.com

I got Mark Wilson :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

www.myplayertwin.com

I got Mark Wilson :P

Hahaha - I got VICTOR MOSES!!!!! :pac:

Needs iOS6, which I don't have. I'm sure I would have got Beckham or one of the other handsome ones anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Needs iOS6, which I don't have. I'm sure I would have got Beckham or one of the other handsome ones anyway...

Or Luke Chadwick...

I've a stag tomorrow in Galway.

Cant wait now, piss up, banter and good weather, roll on 4:30. :D

Galway has defeated me.

Galways a great spot though, went go-karting in the National Kart Centre down towards Limerick/Clare before heading whhhhest to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Galway has defeated me.

Galways a great spot though, went go-karting in the National Kart Centre down towards Limerick/Clare before heading whhhhest to Galway.
    Where did you go drinking? Saturday was a scorcher. We spent the day in Connemara on a beach.

amiable wrote: »
    Where did you go drinking? Saturday was a scorcher. We spent the day in Connemara on a beach.

Got to our hotel about 4/5 and had about 2 hours drinking there between getting ready and grub, after that its all a little lazey.

In no particular order, Fibber Mcgee's, Kingshead, Spanish arch, 2 others I cant remember right now and some went to Halo and Club K, back to the residence bar until about 4:30 - 5 for some of the lads.

Stopped in Charleville on the way home for a few hours for a bit of grub and a curer.

Raw in work now though, well worth it. Will have to head back up again soon.

Got to our hotel about 4/5 and had about 2 hours drinking there between getting ready and grub, after that its all a little lazey.

In no particular order, Fibber Mcgee's, Kingshead, Spanish arch, 2 others I cant remember right now and some went to Halo and Club K, back to the residence bar until about 4:30 - 5 for some of the lads.

Stopped in Charleville on the way home for a few hours for a bit of grub and a curer.

I'd say the city centre was buzzing on Saturday. No stag trip to Galway is complete without a visit to The KingsHead :)

I'd say the city centre was buzzing on Saturday. No stag trip to Galway is complete without a visit to The KingsHead :)

Ya it was a great weekend, the square was hopping on Saturday all evening, great atmosphere around, the stag got stopped at Fibbers as he was dressed up but we half expected it, so he just took off the costume and went around and normal clothes, as with large groups a few got stopped places but there was no trouble and everyone enjoyed it.

Ya it was a great weekend, the square was hopping on Saturday all evening, great atmosphere around, the stag got stopped at Fibbers as he was dressed up but we half expected it, so he just took off the costume and went around and normal clothes, as with large groups a few got stopped places but there was no trouble and everyone enjoyed it.
    Roll on race week and let the mayhem begin. I have a few friends coming to stay with me for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hate race week.

Roll on race week and let the mayhem begin. I have a few friends coming to stay with me for it

Ive a few buddies who go up every year since about '08 and they love it, never been to race week but its meant to be brilliant, hope ya enjoy it.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I hate race week.
    I'm not surprised. I love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Club K? Must've been desperate for the shift :pac:

THFC wrote: »
    Club K? Must've been desperate for the shift :pac:

I was led to believe that the ratio between men and women was tilting heavily towards a pro-male ratio, never good for the shift, unless you're a woman or in to men. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lads, I was down in Doolin, Clare and I went to get the train back from Ennis to Dublin's Heuston. 61 fúcking euro for a single Adult @ 1pm. 61!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Charleville....what an utter shítbox of a town

D'Agger wrote: »
    Charleville....what an utter shítbox of a town

Thought I'd break up the day by strolling across to the Subway and getting a bit of grub, nothing wrong with that, women in front proceeds to order 6 footlong subs.

Must have taken about 10 mins to get through her order for various people, if I wasnt so hungry and the fact I didnt trust the other fast food places I woudl have left.

Very frustrating I thought she was going to keep on ordering more and more as she scrolled through her phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Thought I'd break up the day by strolling across to the Subway and getting a bit of grub, nothing wrong with that, women in front proceeds to order 6 footlong subs.

Must have taken about 10 mins to get through her order for various people, if I wasnt so hungry and the fact I didnt trust the other fast food places I woudl have left.

Very frustrating I thought she was going to keep on ordering more and more as she scrolled through her phone.

Should have went to Rossi's on the other side of the street.

Should have went to Rossi's on the other side of the street.

I'll consider it for next time anyway, the bus driver insisted on no food on the bus so had to try and wolf it down, feed of points, and southwest sauce resulted in instant heartburn.

When you are hungover, people are more awkward, slower, stupid and just plain inconvenient. This is a fact.

I used to think it was just me, just coincidence, it's not.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement