Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I'm currently getting BT Sports for free on Sky. Is this some introductory special offer or what's the craic?

Just free for today I think .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I thought I'd give you all a laugh, you can take the boy out of Liverpool and all that :D

Seems like a nice bloke, I thought it was funny when he wouldn't give his friend's names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

When he said he was from the UK the cop asked "What part, Scotland, Ireland?"..
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

RIP ESPN Classic :(

HczASe6.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I seemingly have a 35 year old stalking me from PSN. Go me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Anyone know where I can get a link to Gerrards Testimonial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

NBC are pushing this soccer thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anyone else think the HD channels on BT Sport are not up to scratch?
    Just caught the end of the Liverpool game there and it doesn't look up to the quality of Sky or ESPN in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Whats people opinions? Is Setanta and BT worth the 20 quid a month? Im alread paying a fair whack for Sky so trying to think If I can justify it.

Would be nice to watch the first proper Arsenal pre season game today.

Turned on BT Sport earlier for a sec and the scoreboard was on the bottom left? The hell is that about :confused:

(it wasn't HT BTW)
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I seemingly have a 35 year old stalking me from PSN. Go me!

I have some gimp doing the same. I beat him at FIFA and he wanted a replay because he said I was lucky, so I beat him twice after. Now he is monitoring my results and messages me when I lose. Apparently playing with the same team and formation is cheating and I'm a 1 trick pony.

He messaged me at 4am this morning so I played him again with a team/formation I've never used and won again. He told me to go rape my ma :(

I hope he is gone now :D

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    Turned on BT Sport earlier for a sec and the scoreboard was on the bottom left? The hell is that about :confused:

(it wasn't HT BTW)

I have some gimp doing the same. I beat him at FIFA and he wanted a replay because he said I was lucky, so I beat him twice after. Now he is monitoring my results and messages me when I lose. Apparently playing with the same team and formation is cheating and I'm a 1 trick pony.

He messaged me at 4am this morning so I played him again with a team/formation I've never used and won again. He told me to go rape my ma :(

I hope he is gone now :D

My guy went 6-13 in a game on Battlefield 3. Teabagged me like all the cool 35 year old kids do. Messaged him after winning saying nice score pal. He lost it. Must have Googled my PSN, even went to the trouble of creating a second Twitter account to follow me.

My guy went 6-13 in a game on Battlefield 3. Teabagged me like all the cool 35 year old kids do. Messaged him after winning saying nice score pal. He lost it. Must have Googled my PSN, even went to the trouble of creating a second Twitter account to follow me.

WTF :eek::D

WTF :eek::D

You on Twitter yourself?

You on Twitter yourself?

@Oat233

Not a tweeter tbh. I just use it for news.

This guy follows me though :pac:
    tumblr_lq79i1XzvE1qgikjfo1_500.jpg

@Oat233

Not a tweeter tbh. I just use it for news.

This guy follows me though :pac:
    tumblr_lq79i1XzvE1qgikjfo1_500.jpg

Ha, random. He dropped the screw in the tuna don't you know! Used to love that show as a kid, when Nickelodeon was actually good!

Change your avatar btw, he's gone and ain't coming back :P

Whats people opinions? Is Setanta and BT worth the 20 quid a month? Im alread paying a fair whack for Sky so trying to think If I can justify it.

Would be nice to watch the first proper Arsenal pre season game today.
    I already had Setanta so it's only an extra €3 for me so I suppose it's worth that for 2 or 3 games a week instead of the 1 game Setanta themselves had.
    Plus there's Europa League the GAA and UFC if you're into that.

The HD looks fine actually for the Arsenal game, must have been just the Liverpool one.

I already had Setanta so it's only an extra €3 for me so I suppose it's worth that for 2 or 3 games a week instead of the 1 game Setanta themselves had.
    Plus there's Europa League the GAA and UFC if you're into that.

The HD looks fine actually for the Arsenal game, must have been just the Liverpool one.

Yeh I gave in and got it, is a bit steep but I hate relying on dodgy recipes for games.

The HD seems fine for me coverage so far is better then ESPN's imo.

But the score on the bottom left just looks weird.

Yeh I gave in and got it, is a bit steep but I hate relying on dodgy recipes for games.

The HD seems fine for me coverage so far is better then ESPN's imo.

But the score on the bottom left just looks weird.
    It does look strange alright. They had a little player cam screen flash up just above the score a few times in the Liverpool game, not a fan of that, or Ian Darke's commentary, never shuts up about the English national team.

It does look strange alright. They had a little player cam screen flash up just above the score a few times in the Liverpool game, not a fan of that, or Ian Darke's commentary, never shuts up about the English national team.

:pac: did they have the novelty pitch for dissecting the game after the Liverpool game? It's a bit daft really.

:pac: did they have the novelty pitch for dissecting the game after the Liverpool game? It's a bit daft really.
    Didn't see that :pac: , only seen the last 20 minutes and switched over at the final whistle.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm extremely drunk. If I don't make it tell my parents I love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Your spelling and grammar for a drunk person is admirable. I salute you Keno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Debs Tuesday, im gonna be mouldy!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Your spelling and grammar for a drunk person is admirable. I salute you Keno.

My guess...predictive text!:pac:
    The man's a hero otherwise!

Debs Tuesday, im gonna be mouldy!

Debs? :eek: fcuk that makes me feel old.

Ok can anyone tell me were I may be able to watch a stream of the first few episodes of season 3 of The Walking Dead? Just realised there showing it on RTE, can watch episode 5 on RTE player and then set the sky box to record the rest smile.png, just need somewhere to watch the first four?

PM Sent.

I see trees. GPS broken. I see someone in the distance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

hmmm I think Keno has good idea.

Time for pint myself.

hmmm I think Keno has good idea.

Time for pint myself.

Don't follow me into the rabbit hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No PMs Keno?

I hate you :mad:

There's some f**king idiots on the road in this country. On the motorway and this gobshìte who was pulled up in the hard shoulder decides to rejoin the traffic in the left lane from a dead stop. What the actual f**k does be going through people's heads doing stuff like this?

There's some f**king idiots on the road in this country. On the motorway and this gobshìte who was pulled up in the hard shoulder decides to rejoin the traffic in the left lane from a dead stop. What the actual f**k does be going through people's heads doing stuff like this?

Some people are nuts I have seen people on reversing up the hard shoulder because they missed there exit, seen one guy mount the kerbed exit to get across after he missed his and recently some bloke in a Audi R8 drive along the M50 in the furthest right lane, at over 100km an hour for about half an hour on a flat tyre only pulling into the hard shoulder when eventually the tyre seperated from the alloy and began free wheeling down the M50 bringing the M50 to a crawl as cars drove behind this tyre I was the car directly behind him had to throw on the hazards immediately.

Some people are nuts I have seen people on reversing up the hard shoulder because they missed there exit, seen one guy mount the kerbed exit to get across after he missed his and recently some bloke in a Audi R8 drive along the M50 in the furthest right lane, at over 100km an hour for about half an hour on a flat tyre only pulling into the hard shoulder when eventually the tyre seperated from the alloy and began free wheeling down the M50 bringing the M50 to a crawl as cars drove behind this tyre I was the car directly behind him had to throw on the hazards immediately.
    I'm still fuming over it. I was half thinking about ramming him back into the hard shoulder :pac:
    He's lucky it was a rental car and would have cost me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I havent got the temperament for driving any more. The amount of this ****e that goes on is unbelievable. How some people get a licence is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

One of the lads I know has failed his driving test 9 times in the last 4 years!

There really should be a limit on how many times you can fail before you're told that the road isn't for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

ouch!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Serious problem with no motorway instruction for learner drivers in this country - then as soon as you pass your test you can drive away on a motorway....
    Some of the things I come across on motorways are just mental.

One of the lads I know has failed his driving test 9 times in the last 4 years!

There really should be a limit on how many times you can fail before you're told that the road isn't for you!

He fails and drives himself home I bet ? Stupid system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I used to drive for a living, covering the 32 counties. I used to love driving but now I ****ing hate it. I cant think of anything more stressfull!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Motorbikes are the way to drive, apart from the shopping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

RasTa wrote: »

And leathers, on that note, a few weeks ago when Ireland was like St. Tropez seen a few younger guys on smaller bikes, 250's and the like, wearing shorts and t-shirts, I was just thinking of the skin graft potential if they had an off, ouch.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    And leathers, on that note, a few weeks ago when Ireland was like St. Tropez seen a few younger guys on smaller bikes, 250's and the like, wearing shorts and t-shirts, I was just thinking of the skin graft potential if they had an off, ouch.

Yeah I've done that on my 650. Thailand it was just shorts and flip flops, not even a helmet. Silly I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I can imagine the humidity there though is pretty unreal no matter what time of the year so its somewhat understandable.

Its one of the luxuries and one of the reasons, IMO, that car drivers can be a tad more wreckless, we're protected by the car and airbags and seatbelts, a biker has one off and it could be game over, I've huge respect for bikers on the road anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Anyone else play Words With Friends, I remember playing someone here a few months ago then got bored of it, I'm back now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

RasTa wrote: »
    Only in summer, during winter I'd rather the bus than any sort of motorcycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

THFC wrote: »

I take it you are not referring to Dublin Bus?

THFC wrote: »

Only if it snows, rest is fine. Although I do remember I could barely use the clutch lever one cold morning thanks to my cheap gloves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I take it you are not referring to Dublin Bus?
    I am indeed, as bad as Dublin Bus is, its far better than buses in Galway. I'm in college in Dublin, and the most I've waited for a bus was about 25-30 minutes, I've often waited 40 minutes for a bus in Galway, and I've waited over an hour twice or three times. Ye don't know how well ye have it!!
    That said, I still hate the bus, luckily I'm on the Dart line in Dublin.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement