Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I know quite few people from here growing up that were very much into Football Manager/Championship Manager :pac: I never understood the craze myself.

I remember renting LMA Manager 2004 for the PS2 and giving up after an hour and returned to playing Pro Evo or whatever it was I playing back then at the time. Funny because I'm certainly one who tries to give games a chance and a proper chance at that.. well, Call of Duty aside these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

On the topic of games does anyone here play Payday2?

Bit glitchy at times but mighty good fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm still playing FM12. I've spent months of my life on it...

Yup, same here. I hear from friends 13 was not worth upgrading to. You gonna get 14?

On the topic of games does anyone here play Payday2?

Bit glitchy at times but mighty good fun.

I was thinking of picking it up originally since I love co-op games. Even the crappiest of co-op games can turn out good with 2-4 people to play with and have a laugh with. Dead Island with a few of the lads from here springs to mind, well a lot of laughs and a lot stress considering how glitchy it was :D But in the end I didn't pick up Payday because no one else did + with GTA V out in 10 days and the PS4 along with a few games I'll pick up plus a new TV, thought I'd be better off leaving the wallet in the pocket.

Payday 2 like good fun alright from what I've seen of it on Youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Got Payday The Heist on PS Plus there a while ago and it wasn't my cup of tea at all. Played it for a half hour and never went near it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Keno wrote: »
    Yup, same here. I hear from friends 13 was not worth upgrading to. You gonna get 14?

If I finally win the Champions League with Waterford United in this game, then I will!

I've been watching the videos and it looks very good.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I was thinking of picking it up originally since I love co-op games. Even the crappiest of co-op games can turn out good with 2-4 people to play with and have a laugh with. Dead Island with a few of the lads from here springs to mind, well a lot of laughs and a lot stress considering how glitchy it was :D But in the end I didn't pick up Payday because no one else did + with GTA V out in 10 days and the PS4 along with a few games I'll pick up plus a new TV, thought I'd be better off leaving the wallet in the pocket.

Payday 2 like good fun alright from what I've seen of it on Youtube.

I love it anyway, play it in Xbox with a decent bunch of lads, good craic and loving the stealth heists!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

FM13 is meh it's a drag at this stage to play it

I play L4D on my 360 cos it's funny and good teamwork is required

You're just following me at this stage.

Better than abandoning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I bought FM13 on release but I've only put a few hours into it. I couldn't get into it and my tactics were shocking! I conceded so man goals from crosses. Stuck with my FM12 save and then my hard drive corrupted 21 years into it. Still not ready to move on :(.

I loved that save so much, when I go to Hamburg in a few weeks I might buy an SC Victoria jersey in memory of the 1½ years we spent going from the 5th division to 3rd best team in the world. Maybe even get Suleiman #10 on the back, to honour my regen Congolese goalscoring machine! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm being challenged a lot more by FM 13. Normally by 2020 odd I'd have won the PL and CL and given up but I'm a few years past that now and still improving but not able to crack those nuts. Made it to the CL semis and 3rd in the PL with Crawley and still have hunger for more which is great as the last 3 or 4 all followed the same pattern. OK I'm playing it a bit differently and not going into tactics as much but I'm liking the more challenging aspect of it even if it makes me depressed sometimes at some bad results :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Haven't played FM or CM in years, but I do remember beating Milan 6-1 in the San Siro with Sunderland.
    Andriy Shevchenko and Ruud van Nistelrooy with a hat trick a piece.

Dont really have the time to put into it any more, and couldnt justify the cost tbh.

On the subject of games, anyone get addicted to that bloody Candy Crush?

Al Capwned wrote: »
    On the subject of games, anyone get addicted to that bloody Candy Crush?

Not really addicted tbh. I'm on level 40 something. It's my go to toilet game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Not really addicted tbh. I'm on level 40 something. It's my go to toilet game.

What? You mean you piss yourself when you play it? :eek::pac:

Was at the tennis yesterday. Was beginning to think I was a 5 set cert/jinx given I attended the 09 final which went to 5 sets and then Djokovic - Warwinka yesterday. Was thankful the Nadal match went only 3 sets in a small way :pac: Great match the Djokovic one was if anyone watched it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hurling has to be one of the greatest sports to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

RasTa wrote: »

Great game, cork were blessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We robbed Clare.

Will take it though.

Its ridiculous that an All Ireland Final goes to a replay though, should be decided on the day.

Air Force One on RTE now :D

Pringles and Sunday night films ftw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wouldn't say that. I'm not a fan of fast paced games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its ridiculous that an All Ireland Final goes to a replay though, should be decided on the day.

I dont like Hurling or Gaelic Football but the replays are a joke, surely in this day and age its better to play 2 x 10min halfs to decide it rather then going to a bloody replay?

I know if I had made the journey up I'd be pi**ed with a draw and having to come back up in 3 weeks, regardless of the quality of the game.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont like Hurling or Gaelic Football but the replays are a joke, surely in this day and age its better to play 2 x 10min halfs to decide it rather then going to a bloody replay?

I know if I had made the journey up I'd be pi**ed with a draw and having to come back up in 3 weeks, regardless of the quality of the game.

All about the extra cash for the GAA INIT. I don't see any other logical reason to do it in this day and age.

All about the extra cash for the GAA INIT. I don't see any other logical reason to do it in this day and age.

I agree with that, its a nice little earner again for the GAA even if they drop the prices by a few Euro.

Whats the story if the replay ends in a draw, do we go again?

I agree with that, its a nice little earner again for the GAA even if they drop the prices by a few Euro.

Not sure I think there is actually extra time or something like that. It doesn't go to a 3rd game anyway that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

20 minutes extra time is added but if the teams can't be separated after that period of extra time then there is another replay.

20 minutes extra time is added but if the teams can't be separated after that period of extra time then there is another replay.

Why not just do that for the 1st game then? :confused:

Those replays just annoy me, thats all.

Wow really, Jesus... has that ever happened before>?

Yup, as a tipp man i remember fondly 2007, we had to play limerick 3 times as the first 2 were draws. Wasent much seprerating us in the 3rd game too iirc :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Wow really, Jesus... has that ever happened before>?

It's happened quite a few times actually

Meath v Dublin played 4 games to decide a Leinster final back in 1991.

Meath came out on top eventually.

Meath v Dublin played 4 games to decide a Leinster final back in 1991.

Meath came out on top eventually.
    My first ever trip to Croker :(

The replays just stink of money making racket to me, that's my only issue.

Its a technically superb game hurling, not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the skill, strength and conditioning it takes to perform at that level.

The replays just stink of money making racket to me, that's my only issue.

Its a technically superb game hurling, not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the skill, strength and conditioning it takes to perform at that level.

Stinks? It is! Everyone knows the gaa loves a reply more then anything else, probably couldnt believe their luck with two replays of two finals one after the other

The back door has ruined the GAA for me anyway.

110 years of knockout that never failed and then introduce this stupid backdoor system. It only helps the stronger teams yet it was introduced to help the weaker ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ireland v Romania in 1990 would still be 0-0 if it was continually replayed without penalties, it still wouldn't be settled.

Brazil v Italy in 1994 too. Italy v France in 2006 would still be 1-1.

dfx- wrote: »
    Ireland v Romania in 1990 would still be 0-0 if it was continually replayed without penalties, it still wouldn't be settled.

Brazil v Italy in 1994 too. Italy v France in 2006 would still be 1-1.

But the provision was there to end the games on the day/night, everyone knows theres going to be a winner one way or another.

Now, penalty shootouts in the GAA would be brilliant to watch.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Just watched last nights Breaking Bad.
    Wow I am really gonna miss that show when it ends.

Check out this boardies Breaking Bad paint skills:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86454284&postcount=1

^^^Was checking out that thread last night, the Heisenberg one is ridiculously lifelike. I can barely draw a stickman in Paint or Photoshop :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone got a Nokia 620?

Looking to get a reasonably priced new phone and this looks half decent,opinions?

• Advertisement

Nokia 3210 >>>

Them were the days I tells ya. *waves cane*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Anyone with an iPhone ? thinking of getting one if the new one is reasonably priced.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Anyone with an iPhone ? thinking of getting one if the new one is reasonably priced.

Welcome back!

Also, how dare you abandon the transfer thread!

I'd recommend samsungs myself!

Welcome back!

Also, how dare you abandon the transfer thread!

I'd recommend samsungs myself!

Thank You :D I see it was looked after though :D

The wife has a Samsung, very good phone, but looking to go back to a smaller phone, normally wouldn't dream of spending a lot on a phone but maybe ....

Is there a soccer Forum fantasy football league this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just finished watching The Two Escobars, really powerful documentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Anyone need two all Ireland tickets, face value?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/All-Ireland-Final-Tickets-x-2-Football-/130991791327?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item1e7fb81cdf

:pac:

Hopefully nobody buys them and that lad is banned from getting tickets for good

The amount of adverts they show before a movie in the cinema is a joke. Seems to be more every time I go. Last night really took the piss. The movie had a 21:40 start time but between ads and a few trailers it didn't start until 22:00.

20 minutes of advertisement is f**king ridiculous. Just when you think the ads are finally over and the trailers (ads too) start, they squeeze more ads in between the trailers. Pathetic.
    You would think they would be making enough money on their extortionate prices for snacks and drinks.
    It actually turned me off going again.

The last couple of times they have shown adverts for Breaking Bad including footage from the ending of season 4. I was sitting next to one of my friends who started the show late. Ridiculous.

I want new rules for the Cinema

1: You can't get in after the movie starts

2: Noisy sweet packets, popcorn bags, sucking/flicking on straws = banned

3: If your phone goes off, you're out

4: You talk, you're out

5: If you have a cough, don't go to the cinema

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement