Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

GavRedKing wrote: »
    There was a Spanish dude upfront? Castello was it, all pace no finsihing ability. Was frustrating as f*k.

Miranda was the key man for me, pulled all the strings. :)

I cant remember whcih PEs it was but when you created a player you had the option to upload your own face to the player, was fun when we had about 7 or 8 of the buddies real faces inthe game. :pac:

Ximelez and Espinas on the wings. Celini and Iouga in midfield with Valeny and Stremer in defence.

Some team that :p

There was a Spanish dude upfront? Castello was it, all pace no finsihing ability. Was frustrating as f*k.

I cant remember whcih PEs it was but when you created a player you had the option to upload your own face to the player, was fun when we had about 7 or 8 of the buddies real faces inthe game. :pac:

Things got very messy with my group of mates and money get involved. From 16-18 in one of my mate's houses were we were allowed to drink, smoke and jsut play pro ev all day the money that was exchanged was hilarious at times. I once won €180 off one of the lads when I beat him as Iran vs Brazil, it was our 3rd game. He paid up in fairness to him! El Dai what a man and Madhavici or whatever on the wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Ximelez and Espinas on the wings. Celini and Iouga in midfield with Valeny and Stremer in defence.

Some team that :p

Couldnt remember his name, some hard man CM, got one of my favourite ever Master League goal, tried to whip in a low ball and it hit a defender and rolled out to about 25,30 yards out, fell to Cellini and I hit it 1st time, flew into the top corner, whats worse was his shooting power was in the 80's but his accuracy was terrible so it was really pot luck.

Things got very messy with my group of mates and money get involved. From 16-18 in one of my mate's houses were we were allowed to drink, smoke and jsut play pro ev all day the money that was exchanged was hilarious at times. I once won €180 off one of the lads when I beat him as Iran vs Brazil, it was our 3rd game. He paid up in fairness to him! El Dai what a man and Madhavici or whatever on the wing.

We used to do it before going out to town a few years back with drink invovled, teams of 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 if there was enough controllers used to mayhem. :pac:

We used to do it before going out to town a few years back with drink invovled, teams of 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 if there was enough controllers used to mayhem. :pac:

Same, god I miss them days. So much fun, the drama of a late last minute winner. THat Iran game I mentioned was in extra time too just about to go to penos. I've never seen a guy so upset, he was an angry young man to and threw the money at me then stormed out afterwards. He was always the kind to milk anything you owed him out of you asap so I took serious pleasure in it. God bless you Iran, god bless you.

We always tried to do 8 players on one team and win a WC on the hardest difficulty with Ireland. We never done it even when we were sober :( . Best we could muster was a QF and Cameroon with Mbama + co raped us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ah PES, got PES5 in college - best money I spent all year.

Rowland was a super winger in it barring that I used to get reincarnated players like Maldini, Pasarella, Romario was sick!

Same, god I miss them days. So much fun, the drama of a late last minute winner. THat Iran game I mentioned was in extra time too just about to go to penos. I've never seen a guy so upset, he was an angry young man to and threw the money at me then stormed out afterwards. He was always the kind to milk anything you owed him out of you asap so I took serious pleasure in it. God bless you Iran, god bless you.

We always tried to do 8 players on one team and win a WC on the hardest difficulty with Ireland. We never done it even when we were sober :( . Best we could muster was a QF and Cameroon with Mbama + co raped us :(

I remember them days fondly.

Those days when you had someone else on your team if something went wrong or someone didnt pass or score it was instantly their fault if you went away and shipped a goal in the following few seconds.

Holland were my nemesis on more then one occasion, once in ET, last minute Van Nistlerooy goal and the other on penos, VDS saved the first 2 and we got beat in the semis, we used to never save it because I hated that repeating until you won bo**ocks.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Ah PES, got PES5 in college - best money I spent all year.

Rowland was a super winger in it barring that I used to get reincarnated players like Maldini, Pasarella, Romario was sick!

I remember that, guys would retire and ion the next transferwindow theyed turn up with huge stats at 16/17 :pac:

I remember a Real Madrid team in my Master League had Maradona, De Stefano and Pele upfront I'msure they had Cruyff and Beckenbauer somewhere as well, it was crazy but fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I remember that, guys would retire and ion the next transferwindow theyed turn up with huge stats at 16/17 :pac:

I remember a Real Madrid team in my Master League had Maradona, De Stefano and Pele upfront I'msure they had Cruyff and Beckenbauer somewhere as well, it was crazy but fun.

Thats the thing I love about the new PES, its every bit as insane as the old ones, tackles are pretty much bone crunching, the passing system is waaay different to fifa, the free kicks are done old style with arrows and pointers and keepers are bat sh1t crazy.

Overall though, its much more fluid and fun than fifa, the passing/through ball system is great so it makes for much faster/more frantic gameplay.

Fifa has became a bit too 'real' for me lately, PES is more arcadey and from the first couple of days playing it I'm really enjoying it, probably will still buy fifa on the 27th though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

+1, a few quid was also thrown into the pot for added incentive.Teams were picked out of a hat to make it fair.The booze used to make for interesting games,one of the lads managed to turn over a sofa and a table after scoring a last gasp winner.

PES rules,just can't take to FIFA at all.

Trying to justify forking out for a PS4 next.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    +1, a few quid was also thrown into the pot for added incentive.Teams were picked out of a hat to make it fair.The booze used to make for interesting games,one of the lads managed to turn over a sofa and a table after scoring a last gasp winner.

PES rules,just can't take to FIFA at all.

Trying to justify forking out for a PS4 next.

Paid my last installment in August, amazon gift certs are the business. GTA will tide me over until its released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Passed my theory test in one try. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

for anyone who has sky:

can you see/do you have on demand content from the sports pack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

batistuta9 wrote: »
    for anyone who has sky:

can you see/do you have on demand content from the sports pack?
    Champions League Goals programme is all that's on it.

Champions League Goals programme is all that's on it.

you've it connect to the internet?

No, using a powerline adapter, Ethernet is in the PS3 at the moment. I'd switch it and check for you but the missus has Xfactor on and I don't want to risk my life...

No, using a powerline adapter, Ethernet is in the PS3 at the moment. I'd switch it and check for you but the missus has Xfactor on and I don't want to risk my life...

:pac: that's right that crap is back on

yeah the CL goals is on showcase but if you go tv guide > sports > on demand
    it just gives a message about no programs of this type

if you remember later or get a chance to check let me know

:pac: that's right that crap is back on

yeah the CL goals is on showcase but if you go tv guide > sports > on demand
    it just gives a message about no programs of this type

if you remember later or get a chance to check let me know
    Yeah, got that message too.

Yeah, got that message too.

thanks for checking

there's a thread in the satellite forum if you're bothered about it/interested

• Advertisement

thanks for checking

there's a thread in the satellite forum if you're bothered about it/interested
    No bother, I'll give it a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

Anyone know where I can watch Match of the Day and Soccer AM? No facility to record them. Can occasionally get motd but never soccer am

dougee19 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can watch Match of the Day and Soccer AM? No facility to record them. Can occasionally get motd but never soccer am

Motd is on the bbc iplayer

You'd get soccer am via a stream

& could probably download both from certain places as well

dougee19 wrote: »

Mediahint is a great add-on for Firefox which allows access to the likes of iPlayer and other media services from around the world.

Roll on half 5 so I can get home and watch Breaking Bad!

I've just finished Season 4 on Netflix and going to start Season 5 today, how many episodes are left, I'd Google it but I dont want to ruin it and I forgot to check Netflix last night. :o

• Advertisement

Season 5 of Breaking Bad is the best TV I've ever seen honestly. I've watched GoT, the Wire, the Sopranos, the West Wing and loads more but this is simply unreal. Some of the best acting & shocks you'll ever see. 16 episodes total in season 5 Gav! 2 more to go on TV including last night's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I've just finished Season 4 on Netflix and going to start Season 5 today, how many episodes are left, I'd Google it but I dont want to ruin it and I forgot to check Netflix last night. :o

The 16th and last episode airs next Sunday night in the US

Ah balls, I've to fly through this season so and avoid everybody on FB/Twitter talking about the Final epsiode. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ah balls, I've to fly through this season so and avoid everybody on FB/Twitter talking about the Final epsiode. :eek:

:D:D

Same as myself. I tend to wait until it gets close to the end of the season before watching every episode in the build up to the finale. Have been looking at facebook and twitter through my fingers the last few weeks. Did plan on rewatching the whole series leading up to the final episode but got stuck into 'The Sopranos' instead and ended up watching about 4 episodes from season 1 before skipping on to episode 5.9 last night because I just knew it would be spoiled.

*EPISODE 5.9 SPOILER*
    That scene with Hank closing the garage door gave me goosebumps.

I'm not reading that just incase. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yeah, it's actually been bad enough up until this point at work for me

going around the place roaring 'SPOILERS'
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    :D:D

Same as myself. I tend to wait until it gets close to the end of the season before watching every episode in the build up to the finale. Have been looking at facebook and twitter through my fingers the last few weeks. Did plan on rewatching the whole series leading up to the final episode but got stuck into 'The Sopranos' instead and ended up watching about 4 episodes from season 1 before skipping on to episode 5.9 last night because I just knew it would be spoiled.

I'm hoping to take the week after Jazz weekend off so I can chill out hungover and watch it all in one or two days :D

I almost read that spoiler by quoting you btw :eek:

Apologies lads...it's nothing major but Istill don't want to be that person. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This comment sums up how I feel about it
    The EA Sports guy has been around in my life for about 10 years now and this is the first time ive even contemplated the voice belonging to a real person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Watching the latest episode of breaking bad "Granite Slate" in about an hour, sort of nervous to see what happens and also sad that it's over after the next one.

The last episode, number 14, Ozymandias is probably the greatest episode of anything I've ever seen on tv. Amazing stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

EA GAMES

*whispers*

challenge everything

Watching the latest episode of breaking bad "Granite Slate" in about an hour, sort of nervous to see what happens and also sad that it's over after the next one.

The last episode, number 14, Ozymandias is probably the greatest episode of anything I've ever seen on tv. Amazing stuff

Watched Episode 5.11 'Confessions' last night.
    Have only just managed to get my Jaw up off the floor...all through Walt's 'confession' I wanted to cheer or say something but was too dumbstruck to do anything. I think behind the 'Run' moment that's my favourite part of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Watched Episode 5.11 'Confessions' last night.
    Have only just managed to get my Jaw up off the floor...all through Walt's 'confession' I wanted to cheer or say something but was too dumbstruck to do anything. I think behind the 'Run' moment that's my favourite part of the show.

You're in for some shocks man :pac: it only gets better!

What's really annoying me though is how they're going to fit an ending worthy of the entire series in 50 minutes. I'd have happily paid in to see a 2 hour long movie finale, which is what I think it needs to tie up everything that's going on.

Also heard Van Ginkel is out injured for 5 months, so Mata will move up to 6th choice

Agents Of Shield starts tonight on Channel 4 at 8pm.Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Its also on RTE, I think either Sunday or Monday at 8pm, seen an Ad last night and didnt take much notice coz I knew it was on C4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Used to throw Castello right back after a while. He was beast mode back there. All about the pace!

(I know, I know, I'm a week behind in here!)

Won't watch it for a while but looking forward to seeing how it plays out....and which C level villains show up in it.

Edit: Way to mess up the topic Knex...what are u you, like a week behind. ;)

zerks wrote: »
    Mediahint is a great add-on for Firefox which allows access to the likes of iPlayer and other media services from around the world.

JustUnblock is too. Well, on Chrome anyway.

Won't watch it for a while but looking forward to seeing how it plays out....and which C level villains show up in it.

Edit: Way to mess up the topic Knex...what are u you, like a week behind. ;)

A week behind on this, 3 seasons behind in Breaking Bad.

Unmitigated disaster :o:D

Knex. wrote: »
    A week behind on this, 3 seasons behind in Breaking Bad.

Unmitigated disaster :o:D

I kinda wish I was 3 seasons behind...you never get the same feelings as the first time you watch/read/listen to something.

I finished Season 5 episode 5
    Dead Freight
    last night of Breaking Bad, what an episode, going to watch the remaining ones this weekend before the final show and I've been told it only gets better.

Cant bloody wait. :pac:

• Advertisement

I kinda wish I was 3 seasons behind...you never get the same feelings as the first time you watch/read/listen to something.

Since season 5 part 2 started, I've been in 'holy shít!!!!!' mode. While I'll still enjoy a series re-run at some stage, it won't have the same effect it has now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement