Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In the woolshed watching the Milan vs Sampdoria match.

What a fu*ing sh*thole.

This pub is my idea of hell.

How the fu*k do people actually like watching games here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Re: Breaking Bad - I watched the first four episodes of season 1 last night - enjoyed it too.....
    Now, to avoid spoilers for the next few weeks till i get through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Re: Breaking Bad - I watched the first four episodes of season 1 last night - enjoyed it too.....
    Now, to avoid spoilers for the next few weeks till i get through it.

Jaysus,good luck with that,
    man. The internet is gonna explode after the last episode tomorrow night.

If you enjoyed the first 4 episodes then you're in for a treat cos it just gets better and better.

I can't remember another programme that had me staring at the tv open mouthed going "Fucking hell" so often.

Dunno what the hell I'm gonna do with myself on Monday nights any more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jaysus,good luck with that,
    man. The internet is gonna explode after the last episode tomorrow night.

If you enjoyed the first 4 episodes then you're in for a treat cos it just gets better and better.

I can't remember another programme that had me staring at the tv open mouthed going "Fucking hell" so often.

Dunno what the hell I'm gonna do with myself on Monday nights any more :(

Yeah, I know, there's a lot of chat around about it already man.

I managed to avoid all the Red Wedding stuff on Game of Thrones till I watched the series in 3 days about 6 weeks after it finished, so I'm hopeful I can do the same with Breaking Bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Yeah, I know, there's a lot of chat around about it already man.

I managed to avoid all the Red Wedding stuff on Game of Thrones till I watched the series in 3 days about 6 weeks after it finished, so I'm hopeful I can do the same with Breaking Bad.

You can't escape!

I had one of the early season 5 eps ruined for me upstairs on a packed Dublin Bus where two lads decided to have an in depth conversation about what happened in it. Hadn't even got earphones with me, was actually contemplating getting off and waiting a half an hour for another bus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You can't escape!

I had one of the early season 5 eps ruined for me upstairs on a packed Dublin Bus where two lads decided to have an in depth conversation about what happened in it. Hadn't even got earphones with me, was actually contemplating getting off and waiting a half an hour for another bus.

Ugh. Torture. It'll be tomorrow evening before I can watch the last episode so I'll have to just avoid the internet for the day. Shouldn't be too hard cos I'll be working in the middle of nowhere tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Went to watch this legendary 'Ozymandis' episode last night, got all the pre credits scene, and the music before the internet went down............................MOTHERF*CKER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Piers%20Morgan%20at%20it%20again.jpg

I have a strong dislike for Piers Morgan, he has a very very punchable face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I heard that the next iPhone screen is gonna be so big that you almost even can see Manchester United on the table without scrolling down.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I really cant wait for 4.30, finish work get some dinner and sit down to the end of Breaking Bad, end of an era. :(

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of watching it on lunch. The internet is dark and full of spoilers

I'm thinking of watching it on lunch. The internet is dark and full of spoilers

As long as you avoid FB and Twitter you'll be grand.

Aslo anyone that posts in here and ruins it will be banned, no jokes. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

GavRedKing wrote: »
    As long as you avoid FB and Twitter you'll be grand.

Aslo anyone that posts in here and ruins it will be banned, no jokes. :mad:

can't be at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I am working nights this week so it looks like i am going to have to wait till Friday to see the last episode!
    Wife and i have watched all episodes together so we are going to finish it together but not finding out anything till firday will be tricky to say the least.

You'll be doing very well to get until Friday if someone doesnt spoil for ya along the way.

I think I'll be lucky to last until about 5pm today TBH, I'm just staying off all Social Media and avoiding anywhere but the Soccer Forum today and hopefully I'll get away with it. :pac:

Well i will be working solo all week,no one only me and the security guard so work is safe, sleep from 7am to 2pm so that leaves from 2pm to 5.30pm to avoid finding out,doable i reckon.
    I'd watch it today if i could but Wife and all that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

And now for me to start watching season 5 :)

dahat wrote: »
    Well i will be working solo all week,no one only me and the security guard so work is safe, sleep from 7am to 2pm so that leaves from 2pm to 5.30pm to avoid finding out,doable i reckon.
    I'd watch it today if i could but Wife and all that...

Watch and take the divorce, it'll be worth it. :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »

I had 7 epsiodes to catch up on, watched them all on Friday, 8pm until about 4am, I was knackered Saturday trying to watch the Chelsea game but it was well worth it.

Do as Gav did,one after the other,only way to watch it,get totally absorbed in it.

• Advertisement

Do as Gav did,one after the other,only way to watch it,get totally absorbed in it.

I say in the last month on Netflix I've just watched them all up until todays last episode.

I've missed on the week to week hype but I''ve got to see it all flow into one with back to back episodes.

We went through from the start to season 5.5 in about 3 weeks over the Summer,felt like i was in the bloody programme at one point but it was worth it,wanted to be up to speed when it came back on TV.

Some really epic moments in it..

Ray Donovan is my new baby,top programme also,Jon Voight is A1 in it

I've tried to get the missus into it but she has no interest really.

Shes lost to other top programming like X Factor and Fair City. :(

I had 7 epsiodes to catch up on, watched them all on Friday, 8pm until about 4am, I was knackered Saturday trying to watch the Chelsea game but it was well worth it.

Yup - my plan was to take a week off work and spend a day or two watching it - think I'll start now though altogether.

Won't be staying up too late watching it hopefully, work will kill me otherwise!

Mine loves it and Game of Thrones. She's only finishing season 4 though. Proper ****ing order to be honest :D

Shamefull admission regarding Fair City,so ****e it's good!:o

Shamefull admission regarding Fair City,so ****e it's good!:o

If shes watching it I'll toe the line and watch it but thankfully I miss more then I see.

Watched it over lunch, wow. Enjoy ladies and gents :D

Watched it over lunch, wow. Enjoy ladies and gents :D

I've told a buddy what I expect to happen hes told me what he expects, both of us could be easily wrong, havent been this excited since the Sopranos final epsiode.

• Advertisement

Can only watch when the kids are asleep....eldest fella is going to bed in 10 minutes whether he wants to or not. :D

I can't believe Flynn shot him.

If this turns out to be true you'll be banned and I'll be going for Liam Neeson style revenge. :mad: :pac:

If this turns out to be true you'll be banned and I'll be going for Liam Neeson style revenge. :mad: :pac:

I'm a ninja.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Seaneh wrote: »
    I can't believe Flynn shot him.

if you read between the lines he really wanted him to do it.

also I wouldn't have minded being around that bonfire of cash.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    if you read between the lines he really wanted him to do it.

also I wouldn't have minded being around that bonfire of cash.

Yeah, the visualisation of $80million going up in flames while Walt cries, with the gun to his head was one of the best shots I've ever seen in a tv show.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Yeah, the visualisation of $80million going up in flames while Walt cries, with the gun to his head was one of the best shots I've ever seen in a tv show.

It was the ultimate sacrifice as his biggest motive was always the money, and that last scene showed he no longer cared.
    he made sure all the cash went before he did.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    It was the ultimate sacrifice as his biggest motive was always the money, and that last scene showed he no longer cared.
    he made sure all the cash went before he did.

Yeah, after he saw the Nazis blowing up Skyler, Marie ans Holly in the car, you could just see he'd given up.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This particular spoiler was my favourite

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,238 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Someone please tell me the backstory behind this man's reaction

1583401.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Club America vs Cruz Azul penalty shootout in the Clausura final. His team scored a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Overheal wrote: »
    Someone please tell me the backstory behind this man's reaction

1583401.gif

His hairs on fire and he's stood on some live wires

Watched BB season 5 from Monday to Friday last week. Awesome.

So now I have returned here

Watched BB season 5 from Monday to Friday last week. Awesome.

So now I have returned here

I thought it was weird he was a robot all along and Skynet have now taken over, very unexpected. :pac:

Welcome to a world where you are never going to see a new episode ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I've yet to see the last 8 episodes and somehow have managed to avoid any spoilers.

Once I see anything Breaking Bad related skip by or walk away from the conversation.

I thought it was weird he was a robot all along and Skynet have now taken over, very unexpected. :pac:

*Skylarnet and he preferred Cyborg to Robot I think :pac:
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Welcome to a world where you are never going to see a new episode ever again.

I'm cool with it, I've had 5 seasons of a truly great TV series, glad they didn't milk it or try to squeeze as much money as possible out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Just started watching it myself.

Meanwhile, I'm afraid I'll have to scale down my modding with my shiny new job. Got to say Musicals will be a huge demand on my schedule. :pac:

G.K. wrote: »
    Just started watching it myself.

Meanwhile, I'm afraid I'll have to scale down my modding with my shiny new job. Got to say Musicals will be a huge demand on my schedule. :pac:
    Well done on the new job :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm not sure if anyone here will appreciate this or not, but this really is the first time I have ever seen a football related tattoo that I think looks well imo.

540918_464504693610913_823707798_n.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement