Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

1191192193194195197»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Looks fairly good alright - that said, like most sleeves, that'll surely require a decent bit of maintenance in order to keep it from looking tacky over time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ah, that is very good actually.

I always wished United had a logo or a slogan that would look good in a tattoo. I'd like to get a tattoo and the only thing I can almost be 100% sure I'll never get fed up of is supporting United so it would be a safe-ish option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

D'Agger wrote: »
    Looks fairly good alright - that said, like most sleeves, that'll surely require a decent bit of maintenance in order to keep it from looking tacky over time

Not sure how you mean maintenance to stop it from looking tacky? :o.
    Mars Bar wrote: »

I always wished United had a logo or a slogan that would look good in a tattoo. I'd like to get a tattoo and the only thing I can almost be 100% sure I'll never get fed up of is supporting United so it would be a safe-ish option.

Yeh your man who done it is from Sweden and does some amazing works apparently he has a 3 to 4 year waiting list.

Yeh they always say never get one until you are sure but once you get that first one it tends to kill future hesitations, I'd have a fair bit of coverage and am in the middle of booking my next one which ill be flying to Poland to get done.

The tattoo and piercing forum is one of my favourites.

The tattoo and piercing forum is one of my favourites.

Tattoo and Piercing and the Arsenal thread on here are were most of my time on boards is spent. I have a new piece to throw up in the ill show you mine thread in the next week or so.

Looking forward to seeing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Don't do it Mars :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That's sweet! I'm sure there's a lot of copycats who'll get that exact one now.

It's unique these days not to have a sleeve tattoo, 5 of my mates have/are in the process of getting one.

I just hope everyone who's gotten one in the last few years really wanted it and when they inevitably go out of fashion have no regrets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I love watching ink master, some crazy good designs are done on it!

I'd love to get a tattoo eventually when I've enough free cash.

• Advertisement

That's sweet! I'm sure there's a lot of copycats who'll get that exact one now.

It's unique these days not to have a sleeve tattoo, 5 of my mates have/are in the process of getting one.

I just hope everyone who's gotten one in the last few years really wanted it and when they inevitably go out of fashion have no regrets.

There may be people who copy it but none will match it sadly for every amazing artist there
    Thirty talentless hacks who people seem only to happy to go to because there cheap not realizing the work is sub standard and it's there for life.

I'm not really to sure they will go out of fashion tattoos have been around hundreds of years and in recent time it has come on leaps and bounds there are some truly amazing artists out there now doing some breath taking works.

But Yeh some people will inevitably regret them but not all I got my first one twelve years ago and have never looked back love them, had to go on a waiting list off over a year for one of mine for Remis cizauskas here in Ireland who has people flying in from all over to get work off him and I booked my next one today for February next year which I'll be flying to Poland to have done.

If your anyway good you can earn Savage money in it some these blokes like Remis charge 150 euro an hour but worth it IMO to have it done right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have been a tatt fan for a few years. Never had any ink done myself, but have looked around for designs that interest me. Saw this the other day and just said WANT. Or, at least a variation of it.

c2693293b846c0f4541f9397ed9d422a.png

There are plenty of artists in Ireland who would be well able for a piece like that and put there own twist on it, be a ballsy move getting your first tattoo on your forearm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

There are plenty of artists in Ireland who would be well able for a piece like that and put there own twist on it, be a ballsy move getting your first tattoo on your forearm.

Yeah, I was thinking of getting something slightly further up first and kind of work my way down the arm.

I've an interest in quite a few different styles as well. The one above and this

21df2bc5cf1d199b3d978fd566c2b471.png

have once again piqued my interest in getting something done sooner rather than later.

I love that piece that's done by Silvano Fiato in Italy he's incredible should check out the rest of his work. He has his own unique style really.

For the other pic you put up first person that jumped to mind for it was Robert Litcan in Dark Raptor Tattoo in killkenny.

There may be people who copy it but none will match it sadly for every amazing artist there
    Thirty talentless hacks who people seem only to happy to go to because there cheap not realizing the work is sub standard and it's there for life.

I'm not really to sure they will go out of fashion tattoos have been around hundreds of years and in recent time it has come on leaps and bounds there are some truly amazing artists out there now doing some breath taking works.

But Yeh some people will inevitably regret them but not all I got my first one twelve years ago and have never looked back love them, had to go on a waiting list off over a year for one of mine for Remis cizauskas here in Ireland who has people flying in from all over to get work off him and I booked my next one today for February next year which I'll be flying to Poland to have done.

If your anyway good you can earn Savage money in it some these blokes like Remis charge 150 euro an hour but worth it IMO to have it done right.

Is there pictures of yours up on boards? I'll have a look through

Yeah I didn't mean tattoos in general, they'll never go out of fashion for the people who like them. I'm talking about the surge in the last few years in the 18-25 age bracket for getting sleeves done, whether it be lads trying to copy celebrities or women wanting to look like the tattoo covered pin up girl that all the lads are ogling over. I'm in that age bracket myself and our generation has seen some fashion trends grow to mountainous peaks only to burn to the ground a few months even weeks later.

Anyone remember when it was cool to wear a pair of baggy jeans with a chain down the side? :pac: looking back now we were the most ridiculous looking bunch and you feel like an idiot for following the trend. There were worse ones than that but I can't remember at the minute.

It'll probably end up like that with these tattoos with people having massive regrets, at least you could take those jeans off and chuck them in an incinerator but you're kind of stuck with a tattoo.

• Advertisement

Anyone remember when it was cool to wear a pair of baggy jeans with a chain down the side? :pac:

Oh_God_Why-47-650x650.jpg

Is there pictures of yours up on boards? I'll have a look through

Yeah I didn't mean tattoos in general, they'll never go out of fashion for the people who like them. I'm talking about the surge in the last few years in the 18-25 age bracket for getting sleeves done, whether it be lads trying to copy celebrities or women wanting to look like the tattoo covered pin up girl that all the lads are ogling over. I'm in that age bracket myself and our generation has seen some fashion trends grow to mountainous peaks only to burn to the ground a few months even weeks later.

Anyone remember when it was cool to wear a pair of baggy jeans with a chain down the side? :pac: looking back now we were the most ridiculous looking bunch and you feel like an idiot for following the trend. There were worse ones than that but I can't remember at the minute.

It'll probably end up like that with these tattoos with people having massive regrets.

Yeh there be a few pictures of mine in the tattoo & piercings ill show you mine threads (theres been a few of them) and Ill be putting a pic in there of my latest one in the next few days the artist wants to take a picture of them to add to his portfolio so ill be waiting for him to post that on Facebook so I can have a decent picture of it :) it's possibly my favorite one so far :o so keep an eye there if ya want in a few days.

Yea I get ya the fashionable tattoo's like tribals once were or religious sleeves I know one bloke who just started a religious sleeve but is not religious at all or doesn't like religion in his own words :rolleyes: then there is the star trend, the feather turning into birds or the Cheryl Cole trend of getting your hand tattooed etc when you go for a trendy tattoo there is a stronger chance you will regret it imo plus you will more than likely see the exact same tattoo on countless amounts of people everywhere you go.

I'll go worse I was of the time when people wore Eclipse and X Works jeans crazy baggy style:pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Have been a tatt fan for a few years. Never had any ink done myself, but have looked around for designs that interest me. Saw this the other day and just said WANT. Or, at least a variation of it.

Love that tattoo - saw it on reddit at some stage recently and was blown away by it.

I don't have tatts but I read some of the comments and the general concensus was that a tatt of that detail would require lots of maintenance. Open to correction on that, mind. But just something I think you should look into before getting it.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Love that tattoo - saw it on reddit at some stage recently and was blown away by it.

I don't have tatts but I read some of the comments and the general concensus was that a tatt of that detail would require lots of maintenance. Open to correction on that, mind. But just something I think you should look into before getting it.

It wouldn't require a lot of maintenance there are those nay sayers that will say realistic style wont hold aswell or stand the test of time as much as old school tattoo's which have bold black lines but it generally seems to come from those who aren't a fan of realistic or those artists who aren't capable of doing it and it comes across as bitter imo.

We had one guy in the tattoo's and piercing who used to always say the same despite myself and many other in there having works done by Pawel and Remis here in Ireland who he used to specifically target and never could he back up his claims whilst we all had very detailed and intricate pieces done by them.

Like anything else you get what you pay for.

Obviously there is the standard maintenance of looking after them initially when healing and always keep them out of direct sunlight with sunblock helps to slow down the fading and they will all require little touch ups after time maybe to freshen them up but it's not a regular thing that would need to be done.

Here's a link to Remis

http://www.facebook.com/tattooremis?fref=ts

and Hydraulix were I got my most recent one there is some real talent working in Ireland

http://www.facebook.com/pages/hydraulix-tattoos-studio/131959996840602?fref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Why would someone be required to have religious beliefs to get a religious tattoo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Why would someone be required to have religious beliefs to get a religious tattoo?

But if you're not religious then why would you get a religious tattoo?

I'm not religious in any way and I couldn't imagine getting a religious tattoo.

Looks like I used up my month's quota of the word "religious" in this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

But if you're not religious then why would you get a religious tattoo?

I'm not religious in any way and I couldn't imagine getting a religious tattoo.

Looks like I used up my month's quota of the word "religious" in this post.

I don't have a religious bone in my body myself but I am a fan of religious artwork and if I had space left for a decent sized piece I would consider it.

Ask people with a dragon or koi fish tattoo and the vast majority of the won't know the significance of those symbols in Japanese culture. Likewise there seems to be a current trend for swallow tattoos but I doubt few people know the history of them...to me it doesn't mean they shouldn't get them. The aesthetic is always going to be the primary concern for the majority of people who get tattoos.

I am also fairly sure Jonathan Davis has a religious sleeve....that's a nice way to link the tattoo and baggy jeans trends together :D

I don't have a religious bone in my body myself but I am a fan of religious artwork and if I had space left for a decent sized piece I would consider it.

Ask people with a dragon or koi fish tattoo and the vast majority of the won't know the significance of those symbols in Japanese culture. Likewise there seems to be a current trend for swallow tattoos but I doubt few people know the history of them...to me it doesn't mean they shouldn't get them. The aesthetic is always going to be the primary concern for the majority of people who get tattoos.

I am also fairly sure Jonathan Davis has a religious sleeve....that's a nice way to link the tattoo and baggy jeans trends together :D

When you put it like that it makes sense.

I don't have any tattoos myself and I'm just trying to understand it.

Have you many? They seem to be addictive. Once you get the first one you keep going.

Always wanted something like this, got the idea after I broke my arm and had some screws put in, so it's half true :p

3d-bionic-arm-tattoo.jpg

Not really sure now as a lot of people have them, badly done I might add, but still.

Any of you have trouble with jobs and having unconcealed tattoos?

^^^ that is very cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Seen a really cool shankly gates tattoo a while back on facebook but I can't find it atm. Thinking about saving up to get a squid/octopus on the top of my arm, no money though :(

They don't really to be honest but like that lad I work with a lot of people are getting religious tattoo's just for the sake of having a tattoo and because right now they are very popular ask any artist and they will tell you that and they tend to be the type of tattoo's that people regret in the long run this lad doesn't even seem to be big into religious artwork he just seems to want any kind of tattoo for the sake of it.

I'm not saying every tattoo should be deep and meaningful but I reckon for someone not to regret it best bets are to get something you have an interest in whether it be cars, or comics etc or get something that does have meaning imo. I myself have a rib piece done purely because I love films.

Very true much like the Day of the Dead tattoo's and sugar skulls which yeh now even see merchandise of everywhere not many know the meaning behind them. But again by getting a Koi which are popular now you can fall into the trend bracket for a lot that rayne wooney mentioned where there is a higher chance of people going shiit what was I thinking down the line.

Plus I do kind of feel it to be kind of contradictory and strange to be covered in religious tattoo's such as Mary Magdalene but have no religious beliefs but each to there own.

Aesthetic is going to be the primary concern for a lot but a lot of people choose price over quality aswell sadly, there are a lot more poorly done tattoo's going around than there is quality ones.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gav, admit your love for my voice. It's okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

There was some great races last night, the betting is a load of balls though. :pac:

I've to invest in or dig up an old blue tooth head set from somewhere to join in on the banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

aaronh007 wrote: »

c2693293b846c0f4541f9397ed9d422a.png
    Thats a great tattoo.
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    There was some great races last night, the betting is a load of balls though. :pac:

I've to invest in or dig up an old blue tooth head set from somewhere to join in on the banter.

So I'm finally able to get onto the online game properly ( without getting kicked, having to create a new character etc.) got my old headset from my parents house AND my daughter decided the latest casualty of her 2 year old rage would be my PS3......

A sad day in the googledeyes household.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That's rough luck, Googled Eyes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Ah what can you do.....

I had a wee cry.

I reckon there may be a PR in the shed-gym later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

OK I'm fairly sure my kitchen cabinets are about to fall off the wall, wtf do I do, who I call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Take the stuff off the shelves for a start!
    Then call a builder, or carpenter, or kitchen fitter.

If you renting, call the landlord.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

IvySlayer wrote: »
    OK I'm fairly sure my kitchen cabinets are about to fall off the wall, wtf do I do, who I call?

Ghostbusters!

The song is now playing in your head.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Finally legal! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Only downhill from there :p

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Liam O wrote: »
    Only downhill from there :p

:(

Yep,I've a paddy power account and I'm up 4 euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

"We were arguing over where the best turf is" has to be the most boggery excuse I've ever heard to get a Garda to feck off I will ever hear.

Those trickshots were absolutely class.

Those trickshots were absolutely class.

They have a ton more on their channel.

Keno wrote: »
    They have a ton more on their channel.

Have spent the last hour or so on it, brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Over 10k posts I'll lock this and set up a new thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement