Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question.
    Wanna watch Mayweather v Mosley and my only option is tonight, but I have to be up for 9 in the morning so I'm considering going to sleep now and waking up at 3 and go back asleep after, but there's the chance that I won't wake up or just stay up, decisions, decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Couple wraps of speed should sort you out

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just got Dominos delivered, ****ing delish

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Just got Dominos delivered, ****ing delish

Double Decadence I hope?

droooooollllll

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, me too,

I <3 Diego

No football talk in here....especially about that thing.There will be a lot of empty seats on Ryanair flights next week because of him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

DERP DERP!!

and why arent you out yet? 30 posts per day and a year later one would have thought that you might possibly shut up.. but no, you remain. have to say though, you have over taken estie as the biggest legend/joke on the forum and heck, your up there with the best on the entire site. believe it or not Ive had people I know in real life completely lolling at you and they only ever read the soccer forum.

whats your occupation btw? bet your in the construction industry, digging being your speciality of course

I <3 Diego

Mr Alan will be devastated.

Dub13 wrote: »
    No football talk in here....

Boo hoo hoo

:D:D

A new chipper opened near me (des it would be close to your old Apt),I got a smoked cod and chips from it tonight and it was top notch.I hope it stays that way.

ffs, I always wanted a chipper when I lived up there.

Where is it?

• Advertisement

Double Decadence I hope?

droooooollllll
    Nah, I did the buy 2 medium pizzas for €20 deal, can only get regular/thin crust with it

did you get jalapenos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Jazzy wrote: »
    and why arent you out yet? 30 posts per day and a year later one would have thought that you might possibly shut up.. but no, you remain. have to say though, you have over taken estie as the biggest legend/joke on the forum and heck, your up there with the best on the entire site. believe it or not Ive had people I know in real life completely lolling at you and they only ever read the soccer forum.

whats your occupation btw? bet your in the construction industry, digging being your speciality of course
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I am still not fully over Thursday night,it was a massive session had a great night.

Where did you go after the match??

did you get jalapenos?
    I got "Birdeye (Devil) Chillies", can't notice much difference between them and jalapenos though. Online ordering is great for throwing these random things on

monkey9 wrote: »
    I can live with that one ;)

ffs, I always wanted a chipper when I lived up there.

Where is it?

Its in Belmayne,nice big chunky chips and the fish is top notch as well.They also have a pizza shop next door not a chain a Independent Italian shop.
    monkey9 wrote: »

We stayed around the ground ontill about midnight,then went into oneills we were the last people to leave there at around 2am.We then hit a club ontill about 5am and then out to the airport.

When you lose a big game it always helps to be with sound lads who will have a good time regardless.

Chocolate waffles nice too.

Its in Belmayne,nice big chunky chips and the fish is top notch as well.They also have a pizza shop next door not a chain a Independent Italian shop.

lol, if it's in Belmayne it won't last long, nobody lives in there

lol, if it's in Belmayne it won't last long, nobody lives in there

But it faces Claire Hall and as I am sure you will know there are not many chippers around.

• Advertisement

But it faces Clare Hall and as I am sure you will know there are not many chippers around.
    Yeah know the area. Still you have the gym right beside you. Worth looking into and facilities are very good. Spent a year there.

Yeah know the area. Still you have the gym right beside you. Worth looking into and facilities are very good. Spent a year there.

I am not the gym type,I play a bit of ball and do a lot of cycling the gym was never my thing.I am a member of Sportslink but thats for the pool,I think I was in the gym once.

I am not the gym type,I play a bit of ball and do a lot of cycling the gym was never my thing.I am a member of Sportslink but thats for the pool,I think I was in the gym once.
    Yeah gym's getting a bit expensive now. Will have to get back to the running soon. Did it for awhile. My Port Tunnel run T Shirt still my prized collection. Was like breaking out of colditz if you know what I mean ;)

Have any of you's seen the new ad for Paddy Powers?? A load of lads playing football blindfolded and there's a bell in the ball so they can hear where it is. The ball runs out of play and a cat runs on the pitch, with a bell on his collar. One of the players runs over and boots the cat up a tree!!!:pac:

Anyone know where I could buy tickets for Ireland v Algeria at the end of this month?

TicketMaster don't seem to have them.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could buy tickets for Ireland v Algeria at the end of this month?

Ticketmaster or the FAI. I know you can apply in advance for tickets from the FAI by putting yourself on a list as I did it before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

At first i felt like giving this kid a slap, in the end i was laughing my head off. (bare with it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

daithijjj wrote: »
    At first i felt like giving this kid a slap, in the end i was laughing my head off. (bare with it)

That was brilliant!!!!
    LOL at McFadden "you know he's gonna be a superstar", prob thinking-fcuk, wish I was as talented as that kid!!!:D

Still smiling after watching it

The only thing harder than explaining the offside rule to a woman is explaining away goals to a 9 year old.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The only thing harder than explaining the offside rule to a woman is explaining away goals to a 9 year old.:(

Sock puppets!

Some on here still have trouble grasping the latter concept ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Anyone here decent with Photoshop and merging/cutting images together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The only thing harder than explaining the offside rule to a woman is explaining away goal to a 9 year old.:(

I've found the only thing harder than explaining the offside rule to a woman is explaining away goal to woman tbh

PaulieC wrote: »
    I've found the only thing harder than explaining the offside rule to a woman is explaining away goal to woman tbh

They be some dim wimmin ya'll hang around with then!!!:D

Seriously tho', many times women put on the thick, dumb, lost little me act so that the thick, dumb little lost man they are with will feel better cos some men need that re-assurance!!!!

Obv, none of ye guys in here fit that description

Well, there might be 1 or 2 borderline:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I wouldnt be confident of any going onsale because only 18,000 at the RDS.

About 25,000 - 30,000 blockbockers who are forced to take the tickets or else they are kicked off the list.

30,000 into 18,000 doest go! so not sure what happening.

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Anyone here decent with Photoshop and merging/cutting images together?
    I'm alright with photoshop, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

That stupid block ticket scheme, could they not just put up some general sale. typical FAi

I'm alright with photoshop, why?
    I think I know why but I'm not going to ask ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What do you think I'm asking for, then?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    What do you think I'm asking for, then?

He doesn't know, really. It just adds to his post count!!

• Advertisement

lol

your avatar.

Is it a clue?

lol

your avatar.

Is it a clue?
    Yes Desmond. I can see everything you do :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh my laptop is pissing me off

windows is telling me I should consider replacing my battery and firefox as usual is freezing all the time (remember the days when firefox was actually good, god damn i miss those days)

how much is a battery for a Dell XPS M1530

looks like some of my bet winnings are down the drain already (didnt last a day)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Headshot wrote: »

windows is telling me I should consider replacing my battery and firefox as usual is freezing all the time (remember the days when firefox was actually good, god damn i miss those days)

looks like some of my bet winnings are down the drain already (didnt last a day)

Mac all the way!

Sorry, that doesn't help one bit...

Headshot wrote: »

I have seen unofficial ones for between $60-$80 not including shipping.

I would guess if you call Dell Ireland it will be closer to €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh smart headshot didnt check dell.ie first.
    Its 130 incl shipping.

When it comes to batteries i would never buy off ebay, just to dodgy when it comes to that stuff.

Dell are pretty poor for laptops from what I've heard. I've Acer myself, cheap but does the job.

Dell are pretty poor for laptops from what I've heard. I've Acer myself, cheap but does the job.

I have had one Dell desktop and three laptops and never any major problems. Different strokes and all, some people prefer a custom made machine as opposed to one off the shelf.

Loving the sig ScienceNerd, incredibly witty!!!:D

Just tried to help out in a situation but obv that's not wanted or encouraged so I will leave it alone again......before I become the butt of fun around here as seems to be happening already.

Tbh, the only words I can use are disappointed and quite frankly upset :(
    Really clouded my high opinion of this place

Again, I only tried to help the situation but as I said in another post that doesn't seem likely at all....

As much as I love my sig, I now feel I must change it which is kinda shi*ty in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

redout wrote: »
    I have had one Dell desktop and three laptops and never any major problems. Different strokes and all, some people prefer a custom made machine as opposed to one off the shelf.

Greedy bastard :P

I have an Advent laptop.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement