Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    2 words spring to mind when you bring your gaa talk in here.

Waterford's sheeeite?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

flahavaj wrote: »
    "Real men."?:pac:
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Waterford's sheeeite?

I guess this could go on for a while. I really should have specfied what the 2 words were.

**** OFF! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I guess this could go on for a while. I really should have specfied what the 2 words were.

**** OFF! :pac:

Yerra its as much off topic as anything else that gets discussed in the thread.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

GAA Humbug!

Waterford's sheeeite?

Be gor they weren't last night. Epic.

http://clamnuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/The-Joe-Duffy-Soundboard1.swf

The Joe Duffy sound board, hours of fun.
    My personal favourite is "What?! 2".:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

http://clamnuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/The-Joe-Duffy-Soundboard1.swf

The Joe Duffy sound board, hours of fun.
    My personal favourite is "What?! 2".:D

It lacks the classic lines "Good afternoon to you" and "sure, sure, sure"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Le King wrote: »
    It lacks the classic lines "Good afternoon to you" and "sure, sure, sure"

Name change osu?

Name change osu?

Yup, sure is. Time for a change I think. Osu sounds weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Le King, in the words of Borat. " I LIKE! "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Thank god that Osu kid is gone..

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Thank god that Osu kid is gone..

Now to get rid of all the HSV fans!
    :pac:

Vuvuzela's being blown at the Roscommon - Sligo match! :mad:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This forum is turning very GAA lately >_>

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This forum is turning very GAA lately >_>

It's all flahavaj's fault!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The whole soccer forum is gone pants! "liverpool websites are better than man united ones" "gaa > soccer" "come on the deise" "your a troll" "no I'm not" etc etc

I'm gonna make some soup. Ghostbusters 2 is on RTE 2

Trilla wrote: »

I'm gonna make some soup. Ghostbusters 2 is on RTE 2

Sligo v Roscommon is on TV3. ;)

mars bar wrote: »
    It's all flahavaj's fault!

Someone has to educate ye soccer softies.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

G'wan Shligo.

Feck that though, Ghostbusters for the f**king win.

• Advertisement

Someone has to educate ye soccer softies.:pac:

Haha!

Well I played Gaelic Football from the age of 7 to 15, then I went playing soccer.

I really love the hurling though.
    I went out to watch the match yesterday and you'd swear we from Waterford the way we were shouting!

Haha!

Well I played Gaelic Football from the age of 7 to 15, then I went playing soccer.

I really love the hurling though.
    I went out to watch the match yesterday and you'd swear we from Waterford the way we were shouting!

I brought Missus Flahavaj to her first Munster Final yesterday. She was apalled at the language outa me, I'm like a knacker when the Deise are hurling.:pac:

I brought Missus Flahavaj to her first Munster Final yesterday. She was apalled at the language outa me, I'm like a knacker when the Deise are hurling.:pac:

At least you brought her in right, straight to the home of hurling.

Now all you need to do is take her to the real Eoin Kelly. Not the cheap imitation.
    :pac:

G'wan the Premier btw. 9 points up ATM.

Haha! I'm guessing she won't be going again any time soon then?

I was at the match in Thurles last year when ye came from 6 points behind to beat us. :o Shocking that was. All because McEntee (or Lee) was too short to handle Dan Shanahan and Dan dutifully put the ball into the back of the net.

Haha! I'm guessing she won't be going again any time soon then?

I was at the match in Thurles last year when ye came from 6 points behind to beat us. :o Shocking that was. All because McEntee (or Lee) was too short to handle Dan Shanahan and Dan dutifully put the ball into the back of the net.

She had a great time! Honorary Waterford woman for the rest of the Summer.

Was donwnat that one myself last year, think it was Shane Walsh got the goal after a great catch by Dan. Fair play to Davy Fitz, he has us playing till the end now and coming out on top in all the close matches.

Looks like Galway have Tipp in the quarter final next weekend, will have to go and scout the opposition for our semi final.:pac:

If we play like we did against Offaly and Kilkenny, we won't be getting any further against Tipp.

• Advertisement

She had a great time! Honorary Waterford woman for the rest of the Summer.

Was donwnat that one myself last year, think it was Shane Walsh got the goal after a great catch by Dan. Fair play to Davy Fitz, he has us playing till the end now and coming out on top in all the close matches.

Looks like Galway have Tipp in the quarter final next weekend, will have to go and scout the opposition for our semi final.:pac:

More proof that Clare is the home of hurling in Munster.:P

Galway were fairly bad against Offaly, must say, especially Canning. Was at the game in Portlaoise, behind the Offaly goals for the second half, where all the BIFFOs were singing and chanting, oh how I giggled when they lost.:D

More proof that Clare is the home of hurling in Munster.:P

Galway were fairly bad against Offaly, must say, especially Canning. Was at the game in Portlaoise, behind the Offaly goals for the second half, where all the BIFFOs were singing and chanting, oh how I giggled when they lost.:D

If Clare is the home of hurling, then why have Davy and Daly emigrated elsewhere?:pac:

And don't get me started about Offaly, jesus an awful place altogether. Something died in Offaly.......its called hope.

If Clare is the home of hurling, then why have Davy and Daly emigrated elsewhere?:pac:

Ah Davy is just giving Waterfurrh one last hurrah and Daly(or Anto:pac:) is giving the Dubs that little push that they need.:P

Clare for the All-Ireland in 2012 with Davy and Daly at the helm of it all.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

My son was rowing in the Irish Rowing Championships in Cork yesterday and one of the teenagers in the crowd had a vuvuzela.....The noise out of it was deafening when it was blown next to ya!!!!
    Can't imagine what the noise must be like in a stadium full of them

Did I say my son won his race...Woohoo...Irish Champ, sorry, can't help myself..So proud:D:D

My son was rowing in the Irish Rowing Championships in Cork yesterday and one of the teenagers in the crowd had a vuvuzela.....The noise out of it was deafening when it was blown next to ya!!!!

Did I say my son won his race...Woohoo...Irish Champ, sorry, can't help myself..So proud:D:D

Do ya not see that we're talking about GAA here?:rolleyes:

Ah no, JK. Well done to him.:)

• Advertisement

'Twas gas below in Thurles the last two weekends, there was a crowd of tinkers selling vuvuzuelas in Cork and Waterford colours like hot cakes in the town square and then on the way into the ground the stewards were confiscating them.:pac:

Wouldn't be surprised if they were in on it together.

Fair play to the young lad fluffy.

There was no vuvuzela, was there!!! You just wanted an excuse to tell everyone that your son won the race!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

monkey9 wrote: »
    There was no vuvuzela, was there!!! You just wanted an excuse to tell everyone that your son won the race!!! :p

Ah well, any chance to boast we've got a champion in the house!!:D
    Seriously tho', were ya there??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Plenty Vuvuzela's at Oxegen.. They were grand though, didnt sound the same at all when used as a beer bong:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Plenty Vuvuzela's at Oxegen.. They were grand though, didnt sound the same at all when used as a beer bong:D

Was great craic watching people hammered trying to work them :pac:. Took me a while myself, the world cup final was a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The Damned United is on bbc2 now.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The Damned United is on bbc2 now.

I love the sig!

Is that because of the name thread in AH?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I love the sig!

Is that because of the name thread in AH?

Yupppp. My username is girly yeah, but he name makes sense to me/friends :P People at Boards beers keep expecting me to be a laydee.

Although the name Valentine aswell...

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Yupppp. My username is girly yeah, but he name makes sense to me/friends :P

Although the name Valentine aswell...

Yeah I saw your question about the name and the two replies that said it was girlie! Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

" Not so much as a smile from Johnny Giles " :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

OPENROAD wrote: »
    " Not so much as a smile from Johnny Giles " :D

"Stop looking at me John!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

nicklauski wrote: »
    "Stop looking at me John!" :D

"Irishman....." :D

Rip off @ 10 quid tbf. Some dude was flogging pens for 20 quid with a laser. People will buy anything when locked/stoned.

Rip off @ 10 quid tbf. Some dude was flogging pens for 20 quid with a laser. People will buy anything when locked/stoned.

I spotted a few vuvuzelas about alright. And seen a few of those pens pointed at the screens on Saturday night. Talk about fúcking irritating! Nightmare, the pair of them.

Some of those replies are genius. Great find.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Never gets old haha =]

718822152.png

I giggled.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Didnt even no they were selling Vuvuzela's there! Thought a good few just brought them, wasnt that many where i was.

• Advertisement

Bit of a meaty tackle dont you think :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement