Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

bonkers wrote: »
    Stephen Ireland's house in VIP - take some time today to see this... http://www.balls.ie/2010/09/15/stephen-irelands-house/

that pool table is way too close to the fish tank. Some house though, i call the pink room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Stephen Ireland's house in VIP - take some time today to see this... http://www.balls.ie/2010/09/15/stephen-irelands-house/

Not bad for someone who only started earning what he would call 'decent money' last season :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

All that money and they don't even buy a good dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Hahaha, I'm actually glad he doesn't play for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That first picture is ridiculous. Everything in it suggests he wants to be a baddie in a James Bond film and that he expects Mr Bond to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »
    can anyone remember the name of the tv show Niall Quinn was involved in / presented? cant find anything on the net about it, it had the song "you can start me up" at the beginning...

thanks!

anyone? It was about the guts of 8 or 9 years ago now

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

anyone? It was about the guts of 8 or 9 years ago now

No takers,I would say you were dreaming of 'big Niall'.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dub13 wrote: »
    No takers,I would say you were dreaming of 'big Niall'.....:)

Actually i found this
    rattlenhum wrote: »
    Niall Quinn used to have a show on RTE called "Start Me Up". True Story.

Only thing i can find!

Edit: found this too http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/1997/0405/97040500202.html

"FINALLY, Start Me Up. Well, perhaps better not - at least not on this series. It's earnest and serious and it extols enterprise. Well, fair enough. Good luck to the people who are working hard, caving commercial success and "growing jobs" like people once grew tomatoes. But, even with a Rolling Stones theme tune and Niall Quinn, as presenter, this is rather dubious entertainment. The blessing of the scooters with holy water might be quaint. But the blessing of the businesses with TV's attention seems utterly charmless. Viewers used to watch TV to get away from work."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Actually i found this

Only thing i can find!

Edit: found this too http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/1997/0405/97040500202.html

"FINALLY, Start Me Up. Well, perhaps better not - at least not on this series. It's earnest and serious and it extols enterprise. Well, fair enough. Good luck to the people who are working hard, caving commercial success and "growing jobs" like people once grew tomatoes. But, even with a Rolling Stones theme tune and Niall Quinn, as presenter, this is rather dubious entertainment. The blessing of the scooters with holy water might be quaint. But the blessing of the businesses with TV's attention seems utterly charmless. Viewers used to watch TV to get away from work."

Was thinking Start me up by the Stones when you asked the question but never saw the show so thought it'd be a shot in the dark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone know how to create a table on this site?

Want to post one up with the results of the MotM vote, but I can't find a way to do it. Keep getting a no code entered error when I preview the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

anyone know how to create a table on this site?

Here ya go buddy;
    http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-build-a-dinner-table/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

~Rebel~ wrote: »

that is not as helpful as I would have wished it to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

that is not as helpful as I would have wished it to be.

Easy enough.

You need the tags and this symbol |

[TABLE*] Name | Points
    Mitch Connor | 20[/TABLE]

Remove the asterik, you've got your first table. You'll see ''No code has to be inserted here''' just refresh.

Name | Points
    Mitch Connor | 20

Your woman on 3E would 'get it'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ANyone have the result from the reserves match and how did Bebe get on?

EDIT: Found it! Bebe played well from the reviews I'm reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

mars bar wrote: »
    ANyone have the result from the reserves match and how did Bebe get on?

EDIT: Found it! Bebe played well from the reviews I'm reading.

wrong thread?

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    wrong thread?

Yes, thank you! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Just sit down to watch sky sports news and they go on about their precious little cricket team for about 20 minutes, its like they are talking about a religion when they ramble on about it and it makes me sick.....wheres the soccer news dammit!!!

Just sit down to watch sky sports news and they go on about their precious little cricket team for about 20 minutes, its like they are talking about a religion when they ramble on about it and it makes me sick.....wheres the soccer news dammit!!!

You are watching an English station. Some people like cricket. Today was the final day of the county season and also the retirement of one of our best cricketers of modern times.

You are watching an English station. Some people like cricket. Today was the final day of the county season and also the retirement of one of our best cricketers of modern times.

Ok point taken, just something i don't get about it like seems all too professional when it doesn't seem too difficult, very stop start type sport, im not going to say its easy or anything because im sure its far from easy, maybe i just need to actually play one game to appreciate it more:p

• Advertisement

Ok point taken, just something i don't get about it like seems all too professional when it doesn't seem too difficult, very stop start type sport, im not going to say its easy or anything because im sure its very difficult, maybe i just need to actually play one game to appreciate it more:p

Dont get me wrong im not a particular fan but itd be like me complaining when they have GAA results/news on the Six One. And dont bother playing it its fairly dull :)

Dont get me wrong im not a particular fan but itd be like me complaining when they have GAA results/news on the Six One. And dont bother playing it its fairly dull :)

I played rounders when i was younger, that was enjoyabe because could belt the ball way down the field but cricket seems liek it takes bout 20 swings to get to see someone get a good distance on the ball, crazy stuff:P

I played rounders when i was younger, that was enjoyabe because could belt the ball way down the field but cricket seems liek it takes bout 20 swings to get to see someone get a good distance on the ball, crazy stuff:P

Aye we played rounders. I was class at it.

A 20/20 cricket match is good to play in and you will be guaranteed to see more entertainment and big hitting but i assume its the test matches that you are on about and they can be really boring as they last 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Ok point taken, just something i don't get about it like seems all too professional when it doesn't seem too difficult, very stop start type sport, im not going to say its easy or anything because im sure its far from easy, maybe i just need to actually play one game to appreciate it more:p

Cricket match is actually a brilliant day out especially when the weather is good, went to Lords once for a county match, really enjoyable day I have to say.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Cricket match is actually a brilliant day out especially when the weather is good, went to Lords once for a county match, really enjoyable day I have to say.

actually going is way different to tv watching. Nice piss up for a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

actually going is way different to tv watching. Nice piss up for a day!

Big time, I used to like Cricket when I was a kid but went off it, probably wouldn't watch it on tv, but being there is completely different and as you say its a great for a piss up :D

Will definitely go to an England one day match some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

If facebook existed years ago.

47352_10150246868195013_739070012_14520790_4777824_n.jpg

photo.php?pid=14520792&id=739070012

Did someone say rounders?:D

The village/barren land where I used to live holds the records for the most rounders All-Irelands.:P

Is it just me or is this a particularly cold September...?

Today was feckin' freezin! It was sunny but the air had a real bite in it. I didn't even take off my jumper at football training this evening and usually I wouldn't need to leave it on until October at the earliest...

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    Today was feckin' freezin! It was sunny but the air had a real bite in it. I didn't even take off my jumper at football training this evening and usually I wouldn't need to leave it on until October at the earliest...

Thats what I was thinking,it does not normally get cold ontill mid October.I hope we are not in for another winter like last year.

Thats what I was thinking,it does not normally get cold ontill mid October.I hope we are not in for another winter like last year.

My Dad was on about this to my landlord yesterday (breaking the ice conversation for them, always the safe bet!) and Dad said the guy in New Zealand is nearly always correct and he predicts a very cold winter ahead. Hope not!

One of my lecturers from last year is on Winning Streak at the moment.

I wish her well despite her not being my favourite person in the world. It annoys me to see someone so well paid for something she's not particularly good at doing also get a lot of cash on a national tv show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ha, some bird I know was on it tonight too. Won a car and 36k.

Hah, small world.

She's only like 23.

I always assumed there was an unwritten rule that to be on Winning Streak you had to be at least 50 and a lover of tweed.

Frisbee wrote: »
    She's only like 23.

I always assumed there was an unwritten rule that to be on Winning Streak you had to be at least 50 and a lover of tweed.

Oh I know the girl you are on about. She looks really like her mam!

The woman I know would have been the next youngest woman. The video maker/lecturer in LIT.

How do you get on Winning Streak..?I don't think I have ever watched it.

How do you get on Winning Streak..?I don't think I have ever watched it.

90% sure you have to win on a scratch card or something...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

90% sure you have to win on a scratch card or something...?
    Have to get 3 stars on a scratch card then send it in to hopefully get picked out.

At least that's how they used to do it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I thought that whole Arthur's day thing was a once off for the 250th birthday of the great man,but I hear its on again this year.It must have been a great success,so is this here for good..?

I thought that whole Arthur's day thing was a once off for the 250th birthday of the great man,but I hear its on again this year.It must have been a great success,so is this here for good..?

Hopefully not, I think it's the greatest load of bollocks.

It's an excuse to get drunk, though. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Yeah I think was a huge success last year so they are keeping it going. Kind of like a second paddys, but instead of a parade we get music, and no day off.

Id say it provides a boost to the economy so **** it embace it, enjoy it, and then be happy you won't have to see the ad for another year.

Arthur's Day is here for good, it seems.

Have you seen the ads for Quality Street or Cadbury's Roses or one of those things anyway. Apparently, it's Grandparent's Day in a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

Never even heard of that one!!!

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Arthur's Day is here for good, it seems.

Have you seen the ads for Quality Street or Cadbury's Roses or one of those things anyway. Apparently, it's Grandparent's Day in a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

Never even heard of that one!!!

Ah fúck off, grand-parents day? Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

She's only like 23.

Ha I know her as well. And it was her mum that was supposed to be on not her, so you were kinda right about the over 50 rule. :D

Spud83 wrote: »
    Id say it provides a boost to the economy so **** it embace it, enjoy it, and then be happy you won't have to see the ad for another year.

Thats my thinking,and its early drinking as you have to be well on by 17:59 a publican's dream.The yanks will love this one.

I also believe that Italian chipper fish and chips day went well and is also going to be a yearly thing.

Its a shame Steak and Blowjob Day never took off,or did it and nobody told me...?

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ah fúck off, grand-parents day? Seriously?

I know, it's unbelievable. I was on the bus and i saw it on a billboard. Then i saw the ad again at a bustop.

Grandparents day!! :rolleyes: All mine are dead so i've nothing to worry about there! :cool:

(I'm going to Hell)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement