Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dub13 wrote: »
    Its a shame Steak and Blowjob Day never took off,or did it and nobody told me...?
    Around the internet yeah, but otherwise no sadly :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Its a shame Steak and Blowjob Day never took off,or did it and nobody told me...?

Is that the same day?? Seriously, eating steak while getting a blow job is serious amount of points on your man card.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

On Arthur's Day does the black stuff be cheaper..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Think it depends on the pub. My "kind of local" gave everyone a free pint last year don't know if they will be repeating that this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nope but my local gets loads of free drink vouchers for Guiness which they give to us regulars :D Got very messy last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

baz2009 wrote: »
    Hopefully not, I think it's the greatest load of bollocks.

It's an excuse to get drunk, though. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.:pac:

Call me old fashioned but I'll always just refer to that excuse as 'Saturday'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Call me old fashioned but I'll always just refer to that excuse as 'Saturday'.

A midweek excuse, though, there's not many of them.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Champions League, Carling Cup, Europa League, Coronation Street. Plenty of excuses for midweek drinking in there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

nicklauski wrote: »
    Champions League, Carling Cup, Europa League,

Pleasure drinking
    Coronation Street

Drinking to numb the pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Corgi Flop!!
    Johner wrote: »

Quality!

Ray William Johnson fans by any chance?!

Johner wrote: »

Quality!

I'll see your airbag and raise you Billy and his broken back :D

I'll see your airbag and raise you Billy and his broken back :D

:eek:

He broke his back?! Sore dose I imagine.

According to some of the comments he broke 2 vertebre and his coxis. The fúcking idiot :D

Broke Back Billy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

mars bar wrote: »
    Ray William Johnson fans by any chance?!

they must be working through his back catalogue then because that video was ages ago. Ray gave me this amazing video so I'm forever grateful. Raptor eats cheerleader, if you haven't seen it you wont believe that a raptor eats a cheerleader in real life I suppose but I swear it's for real :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Jazzy wrote: »

Is it just me or does anybody find the above really sad?

Le King wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anybody find the above really sad?

Sad but true Kinger, sad but true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

To Martha!!!!!

TO FARMAAARS!!

To Llamaaaaaaaaass!!!!!!!!!

design-milk-birthday-llamas.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

harry redknapp caught napping

http://twitpic.com/2qydmf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Alright lads

Living in Milltown, need an alternative to UPC for internet(10mb+ speed) and TV(skysports and the most basic "basic" package).

I've delt with them twice in other places and they were a nightmare.

any ideas?

event wrote: »
    harry redknapp caught napping

http://twitpic.com/2qydmf

obama-combo-breaker.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »
    Alright lads

Living in Milltown, need an alternative to UPC for internet(10mb+ speed) and TV(skysports and the most basic "basic" package).

I've delt with them twice in other places and they were a nightmare.

any ideas?

There just isnt anything else is there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Trilla once you get UPC in theyre great imo. The only problem with them is getting them sorted in the first place and should you have a problem once in their service is just LOL. Having said that its by far the best of whats out there imo.

I would advise all of you to watch the next 2 rugby league matches. At 6 tonight is the semi final between Wigan and Leeds. They met 2 weeks ago and it was an awesome match with only a last minute missed kick by Wigan hading Leeds the win. Then next week is the Super League final between St Helens and the winner of todays match. Should be 2 cracking games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Trilla once you get UPC in theyre great imo. The only problem with them is getting them sorted in the first place and should you have a problem once in their service is just LOL. Having said that its by far the best of whats out there imo.

I would advise all of you to watch the next 2 rugby league matches. At 6 tonight is the semi final between Wigan and Leeds. They met 2 weeks ago and it was an awesome match with only a last minute missed kick by Wigan hading Leeds the win. Then next week is the Super League final between St Helens and the winner of todays match. Should be 2 cracking games.

I can't stand RL. A sport based on attrition in the main just doesn't interest me. Union is pretty boring too mind you. I was at the Heineken Cup Final a few years back and if they hadn't served beer at it I'd have left at half time.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I can't stand RL. A sport based on attrition in the main just doesn't interest me. Union is pretty boring too mind you. I was at the Heineken Cup Final a few years back and if they hadn't served beer at it I'd have left at half time.

If it aint got a stick you aint interested, we geddit :p

If it aint got a stick you aint interested, we geddit :p

Ah no I'd watch most sports, I just could never get into the RL. I've given it a chance more than once. Been getting into the American Football this year and enjoying it a lot I have to say.

• Advertisement

Ah no I'd watch most sports, I just could never get into the RL. I've given it a chance more than once. Been getting into the American Football this year and enjoying it a lot I have to say.

I used to be very against Yank sports but for the last couple of years have given them a go. Im not all that sold on american football but I do love basketball i must admit. I think I will pretty much watch any sport though

Couldn't really get into the American Football meself, too confusing and long for me.:P

I saw the end of that game of Rugby League last week alright, might give the game later on a look as well. Cant bayte the auld Rugby Union for a good contact sport, though.

I like a bit of hockey and basketball as well, went to see the Boston Bruins in ice hockey and the Boston Celtics in basketball when I was over there a few years ago. Never heard a set of 'fans' abuse their team so much.

I used to be very against Yank sports but for the last couple of years have given them a go. Im not all that sold on american football but I do love basketball i must admit. I think I will pretty much watch any sport though

Basketball can be amazing. Though the racket they make with all the music etc at a live NBA match would drive you insane after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Couldn't really get into the American Football meself, too confusing and long for me.:P

I saw the end of that game of Rugby League last week alright, might give the game later on a look as well. Cant bayte the auld Rugby Union for a good contact sport, though.

I like a bit of hockey and basketball as well, went to see the Boston Bruins in ice hockey and the Boston Celtics in basketball when I was over there a few years ago. Never heard a set of 'fans' abuse their team so much.

Obviously never been to a GAA match involving Dublin then...

Liam O wrote: »
    Obviously never been to a GAA match involving Dublin then...

When you see a hurling match between Castletown and Camross, come back to me.:P
    Two cousins concussed each other in a fight between the two a couple of years ago.:pac:

Anyone staying up for UFC 119 tonight?
    I'm tempted, but I don't wanna miss the United game in the morning..

I'll see how tired I am later. Not a must see card by any means, but seeing Cro Cop lose again is always fun.

I'll see how tired I am later. Not a must see card by any means, but seeing Cro Cop lose again is always fun.

I'm looking forward to the card, could be a good'un.
    I reeeeeally want Cro Cop to split Mir in the head with a kick.

Gazza being interviewed on RTE atm. Could be a car crash.

• Advertisement

Gazza being interviewed on RTE atm. Could be a car crash.

Thanks for reminding me.
    Can't understand a fúcking word of it.

Thanks for reminding me.
    Can't understand a fúcking word of it.

Typical Irish crowd cheering an alcoholic when he starts talking about drinking.

Poor aul Gazza, he'd be far better off staying out of the limelight. I hate how people make a laugh out of him when he's obviously totally messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Poor aul Gazza, he'd be far better off staying out of the limelight. I hate how people make a laugh out of him when he's obviously totally messed up.

I missed it :( can you watch it anywhere? what was he like, did they ask him about the Moaty thing?

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I missed it :( can you watch it anywhere? what was he like, did they ask him about the Moaty thing?

Maybe the RTE website?

He was sober anyway and about as together as I've ever seen him. They asked about the Raoul Moate thing he says it was a complete blackout and he didn't even know him. He woke up the next day with tonnes of texts on his phone and didn't even remember it.

The audience were a bunch of f*cking morons though, everytime he mentioned drink they'd let out a big cheer - despite the man being a chronic alcoholic and probably the best advertisement for never drinking you'll ever meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Well I'm working til 8am - will I be able to stream it? Only just getting into UFC tbh - watched season 11 of The Ultimate Fighter recently, loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Maybe the RTE website?

He was sober anyway and about as together as I've ever seen him. They asked about the Raoul Moate thing he says it was a complete blackout and he didn't even know him. He woke up the next day with tonnes of texts on his phone and didn't even remember it.

The audience were a bunch of f*cking morons though, everytime he mentioned drink they'd let out a big cheer - despite the man being a chronic alcoholic and probably the best advertisement for never drinking you'll ever meet.

Jesus wept, you really have to wonder sometimes :(

PaulieC wrote: »
    Well I'm working til 8am - will I be able to stream it? Only just getting into UFC tbh - watched season 11 of The Ultimate Fighter recently, loved it

Streams are usually easy enough to find. I'd say pop into the MMA forum and you'll get some.

The ones on Sopcast are always perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Streams are usually easy enough to find. I'd say pop into the MMA forum and you'll get some.

The ones on Sopcast are always perfect.

For sopcast you've to download software though right?? At work so can't do that I'd say - I'll have a sconce off MMA forum alright cheers

• Advertisement

You should be able to get a stream off someone, although the fella that usually has the best ones is banned I think. You're not allowed post stream links on the forum but someone would PM it to you I'd say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement