Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Gateways

Options
  • 23-08-2009 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi, I've been using Clickatell and have seen other SMS gateway service providers and I fail to find any that can provide me with the following...or something equally suitable.

Basically I need 2-way SMS capabilities. E.g. when someone texts either a local number or shortcode, my software can be relayed the sender ID and message contents. With Clickatell, they can only offer me a +44 (UK) number which is of no use because it would cost the sender stupid money to send a text to it. Actually I would prefer it to cost as close to zero as possible for the mobile sender, where I would foot the bill for the message I receive instead.

I've heard somewhere before that you can just get a local SIM card from one of our fine network providers and then send that SIM to a gateway service provider that will host your SIM (for perhaps a monthly fee) and offer you a 2way sms plan using that number. That would be ideal, but I have failed to find anyone that offers such as service.

For now I plan on using this service just in Ireland, but I would like to be able to use SIM numbers applicable to many countries later on.

Those of you who have worked with SMS enabled applications, have you come across any gateway service providers that could help me out in this case?

Advertisement