Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Celebrations Youve Seen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

goal celebrations are largely ****e, lads that purposely work them out before hand seem like bunch of tools to me

Alan clarkes are the best, simply walked away with one hand in the air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just saw one that made me laugh in the Cardiff and Bristol match today. The lad that scored the second goal took off his boot and then dropped it as if it were really hot.

It was good, made me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just saw one that made me laugh in the Cardiff and Bristol match today. The lad that scored the second goal took off his boot and then dropped it as if it were really hot.

chopra

he's boots are on fire alright

7 goals in 4 appearances

playing superb stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I was in the stand when Fowler did the snorting thing in '99 v Everton. Had no clue what he was doing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Haha, legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

At about 18/19 seconds........

Also, Anderson's first celebration for United:

At 38 seconds, although the rest is good enough to not need to skip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

I love this one by Ruud because of his sheer cheek....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

henryspurs.JPG

andrei-arshavin_1389634c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Ketsbaia for Newky against Palace something like 12 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Robbie Keane, WC2002 v Germany!!! By a mile.

I remember a Aghahowa scored against Ireland in the last friendly before heading out to Saipan in 2002. I remember an old fella sitting beside me saying "The feckin celebration was better than the goal." :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Have to say I love Chopras!

Giggs versus the Arse**** must get a mention. Nearly as good as Vieiras face at the tip off after it.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    henryspurs.JPG

andrei-arshavin_1389634c.jpg

seriously, what the hell is great about those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

the cantona one and the robbie keane one against Germany. Van Nistelrooy against arsenal a couple of seasons ago

Winner: John O'Shea's "I cannot believe I've just done that" celebration v Arsenal in 2005.

At 2:39 in this vid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Arsenal's celebrations when Man United missed that peno a few years ago. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

One of my favs:

725153_w3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

kinaldo wrote: »
    Ketsbaia for Newky against Palace something like 12 years ago

I loved that one-anyone know what exactly has him so wound up?

Two of my favourites were Asprilla's when he took out the corner flag and starting waving it after scoring in a UEFA cup time (for which he was booked and subsequently suspended) and the Nigerian team in the Olympics when they got on all fours. I can find vids of either right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

blue-army wrote: »
    I remember a Aghahowa scored against Ireland in the last friendly before heading out to Saipan in 2002. I remember an old fella sitting beside me saying "The feckin celebration was better than the goal." :)

I was at that game against Nigeria and beforehand I told my dad to watch out for him if he scored. He was a FM legend at the time as well.

Love these -

Corradi's Street Fighter (The knighting of Joey Barton was class as well but vid to be found :()

The Sharpey Shuffle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Some cracker in this. The dancing ones had me in stitches :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My favourite celelbrations are the ones where players are simply reacting to the moment.

Vidic vs Sunderland

Solskjaer vs Munich

Macheda vs Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Van Persie against Everton last season when he scored that late goal at Goodison and really stuck it to them everton fans!!!

Seen most of the videos posted already so a more recent one that i just found funny and is alot harder to do than it looks!!!

The slow mo at the end is the best some serious moves, also arshavin looks sickened it wasnt him that scored!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Always loved the celebration when Eto'o took the camera off a media guy on the pitch and started taking photos of Bojan with it.

etoopap.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I was at that game against Nigeria and beforehand I told my dad to watch out for him if he scored. He was a FM legend at the time as well.

I was at that game as well, that was class. Your right as well, he was a FM legend, stick him in a free role behind the strikers and you've got yourself the games best player.

This was done about a year ago and I'll answer the same. Frank Lamards pen against Liverpool in the CL just after his mother passed. Tears, points to the sky, pure emotion.

Secondly back in the 99 Montella scores for Roma runs off the pitch, scales the fence where the ultras are and starts celebrating with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

smithscum.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pfft..none of this cradling baby stuff, kissing cameras or waddling like ducks at Aylesbury..

m7t72d.jpg

:pac:

Though I did like Kuyt's "game over" gesture at Hull last season..

My favourite celelbrations are the ones where players are simply reacting to the moment.

Solskjaer vs Munich

I think Schmeichel's celebration after that is much more iconic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Agree totally, this moment and the celebration still get the hairs on the back of the neck going! Nothing like getting a last minute winner for the team you grew up supporting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Like a lot of others, the showboating kind of celebrations aren't really my thing, my favourite ones are those where the scorer simply looks absolutely delighted - rather than arrogant - and celebrates with his teammates. The first example I can think of is the goal Michael Carrick scored to put United in the lead against Portsmouth last season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

what Mitch said.

Ole's and Kiko's are two of my favourites.

Mention to Cantona V Sunderland. to be that good to pull off that celebration!

lordgoat wrote: »

Mention to Cantona V Sunderland. to be that good to pull off that celebration!

It takes a certain calibre of player to get away with such arrogance and self belief. I think the only two players that have had the ability and right to do it are already in this thread, although arguably Arsenal are more formidable opposition than Sunderland.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

It takes a certain calibre of player to get away with such arrogance and self belief. I think the only two players that have had the ability and right to do it are already in this thread, although arguably Arsenal are more formidable opposition than Sunderland.:p

So your saying O Shea > Cantona :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Trilla wrote: »
    seriously, what the hell is great about those?

Well with the Henry one it's more that particular picture that's great looking at the reactions of all the spurs fans with Henry in front of them. I just think it makes a great picture.

And the Arshavin one because he just single handedly destroyed Liverpool while the defence managed to screw it up and make his ridiculous contribution to the match less awesome.

I'm sorry about the confusion. I'll be sure to run all my opinions by you in a PM in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Noel Gallaghers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Gillington wrote: »
    Noel Gallaghers!

Surprised you left Surges celebration out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

nicklauski wrote: »

Yeah was gonna put Serge's but don't like Kasabian so went with Noels!

curry-muff wrote: »
    So your saying O Shea > Cantona :pac:

It goes without saying really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

nicklauski wrote: »

THIS LITTLE BEAUTY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Frisbee wrote: »
    Well with the Henry one it's more that particular picture that's great looking at the reactions of all the spurs fans with Henry in front of them. I just think it makes a great picture.

And the Arshavin one because he just single handedly destroyed Liverpool while the defence managed to screw it up and make his ridiculous contribution to the match less awesome.

I'm sorry about the confusion. I'll be sure to run all my opinions by you in a PM in future.

So, you admit the Henry celebration is not up to much, its just a nice picture, and that the Arshavin celebration is similarly not up to much but that it was his performance you thought was great?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Does anyone remember them crazy celebrations that Soccer Am asked players to do for charity?

They got loads of players to do the homer spin, fecking hilarious! Shame none of them are on youtube...

Advertisement