Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advise on which separates to consider

• 23-08-2009 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am replacing my old pioneer separates system and was not overly impressed with the new pioneer system(2000 euro) on display in Sherwoods and even less impressed with the Sony systems. Could anyone recommend a good system. Would Yamah or Harman Kardon be systems to consider? My Budget is 600e for an amp, 300e for a cd player and would also appreciate advise on speakers to complete the system. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

i'd suggest you drop the idea of a 'one brand system' for a start. None of the brands you've mentioned are very good, well known and very popular yes but not very good.
    Cloney Audio do an entry level system that would leave any of those 'systems' looking very silly. For about €1,200 you get
    Rotel RCD-06 CD Player
    Rotel RA-04 Amplifier
    B&W DM 686 Speakers
    Interconnect Cables
    Speaker Cables.
    http://www.cloneyaudio.com/ideas.shtml

Apart from the far better quality you also have upgrade options for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beckford

Thanks for your advice, i have been in contact with Cloney Audio and at last i feel im dealing with people who know exactly what they are talking about.

Regards

Beckford

beckford wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice, i have been in contact with Cloney Audio and at last i feel im dealing with people who know exactly what they are talking about.

Regards

Beckford

nae bother, I'd hate to see you (or anybody) spending money on second rate gear.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Threads merged......

Ritz.

Regards

Beckford

let us know how you get on ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jaybeeveedub

I am replacing my old pioneer separates system and was not overly impressed with the new pioneer system(2000 euro) on display in Sherwoods and even less impressed with the Sony systems. Could anyone recommend a good system. Would Yamah or Harman Kardon be systems to consider? My Budget is 600e for an amp, 300e for a cd player and would also appreciate advise on speakers to complete the system. Thanks

also keep an eye on the hi-fi forum for sale section on the cloney website

http://www.cloneyaudio.com/smf/index.php?board=3.0

most of this stuff get treated better than the owners treat themselves!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

you could check out richersounds as well.

Advertisement