Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for improving the forum.

Options
  • 24-08-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

If anyone has any ideas or anything they would like to see to improve the forum please post them in this thread for the mods and other posters to debate over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Start us off there orizio

Woohoo. I'm back.
    I've been in and out of hospital for the last 10 days.
    I play rugby for 10 years and I never really got hurt... one game of volley ball and its torn muscles and ligaments... :(

My suggestion:
    Perhaps some detailed guides on training and player purchases? I know there is the general one but some guides with Q&A style posts might be good?

Also, I notice the English clubs have a mentoring system... should we implement that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Mentoring system?

Yeah, where an experienced can help with the tactics etc of a younger player.
    It was in the English journal linked on the off site forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Also, I notice the English clubs have a mentoring system... should we implement that?

Welcome back Zaraba!

How would the mentoring system work? would it essentially be someone in a higher league been available to ask questions to privately rather than on a public forum? or would they actually have access to your blackout? ie would they be able to see your players etc to recommend better specific suggestions to you?

If they can not see your squad and set up then I can only see it been very genericl help...? but in theory it is good - implementation would make or break it imo!

• Advertisement

I suppose you'd have to give them the pass so they could look and then make suggestions

That, or its easy enough to send them that stats by just copying it or what not.

With my new found mysql / php knowledge I may be able to make such a website.
    But not until after I finish my thesis.

My suggestion:
    Perhaps some detailed guides on training and player purchases? I know there is the general one but some guides with Q&A style posts might be good?
    :D
    Feel free to add to the sticky yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I think we could prob use a mod as well, one of the lads running the boards cup.

Just to have stickys and stuff. And also to stop things from getting out of hand when the boards cup really heats up :mad:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Myself and Zaraba are soon to be appointed mods I believe.

• Advertisement

TBH I think the number 1 thing that would improve the forum would be more users, I'm sure there is a huge amount of people already on boards that would enjoy BR. If we could get a sticky about BR on the rugby forum we would get plenty of new users.

BTW I've made my sig an ad for BR so if anyone wants to use it feel free

Could the line that describes the forum under the forum name be changed to something witty?

Advertisement