Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stress over selling my car...help :(

Options
  • 24-08-2009 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Want to say first that I am not advertising my car - just looking for advice.

Here's the deal. I have just agreed to buy a 2nd hand ford Ka from a dealer. I have a 99 fiat seicento with 51,000miles. My 2 options are to trade in the car and pay €2,200 or buy the new car outright for €2,500 and try sell my car privately. any opinions on what I should do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

sell it private mate even if you let it go for 500 its still a better deal than the garage is offering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 elís_teacher

Do you reckon I would get €500??? I'm afraid I won't be able to sell it at all.

Well ive seen a few 99 puntos sell for around 1500 recently. If they're still selling for that money I cant see why you wouldnt get 500 for your car

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

There's always a demand for small cars around the €500 price, does it have NCT. If there's even a years NCT you should sell it very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 laura27314

I'd trade it in because it's a lot less hassle and stress, and I'd be scared I couldn't get rid of it, and because I can't think of a way of selling a car without letting the buyer have some contact detail of mine, and I don't wanna hear about it when it breaks down or fails it's NCT in a few weeks or months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Id say to go for the deal from the dealer. It could take you ages to sell that car and god knows who would come knocking around trying to have a look at it (a cheap car always draws in a certain demograph, imo).

Save yourself the hassle of advertising and waiting and waiting over the sake of €200.

Just my 2 cents!

EDIT: The car is a 99, so the NCT is out sometime this year or has recently been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 elís_teacher

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I just love my car so hate to let it go for so little. NCT is up in jan but it's out of tax next week. The engine etc. is all in good nick but a lot of scrapes and scratches :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Small cars are selling for decent money at the moment and the dealer knows this by only offering you 300 for the seicento. You probably would do better selling it privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

Trade it. It could be hard to sell. Look for even another €100 from the garage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Try and get a bit more out of the garage and be done with it. even cheap seicentos are hard to sell.

Advertisement