Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could somebody explain how vodafone music works?

• 24-08-2009 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

right so looking at a few alternatives, how does v music work

im pay monthly so 10eur a month and I get what exactly? the ability to stream music? or download free or at a discount, its not exactly clear on the website

I take it you need 3g? does the app allows you to listen to music streams whilst walkabout

the vodafone.co.uk site explains a little more but Im not sure if they provide the same service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

The vodafone unlimited music allows you to download drm protected files to your pc or mobile phone (providing the record label is on board) have been using this on my pc there is a good selection there. The music app on your phone does the same you can download the track to your phone or steam it but once you cancel your sub you will no longer be able to play the files. Be warned though and I have been on to vodafone about this when you use the music app on your phone you get charged even though they say its free I'm still waiting to hear back from them why i'm being charged its been over a week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

The vodafone unlimited music allows you to download drm protected files to your pc or mobile phone (providing the record label is on board) have been using this on my pc there is a good selection there. The music app on your phone does the same you can download the track to your phone or steam it but once you cancel your sub you will no longer be able to play the files. Be warned though and I have been on to vodafone about this when you use the music app on your phone you get charged even though they say its free I'm still waiting to hear back from them why i'm being charged its been over a week now.

so basically you cant play the downloaded music on another mp3 player, yes?
    it somehow blocks the music after you cancel the subscription

woop wrote: »
    so basically you cant play the downloaded music on another mp3 player, yes?
    it somehow blocks the music after you cancel the subscription

That is correct man, but when they sort out the problem with being charged for using the music app you'll be able to use it on your phone for free which will be great.

That is correct man, but when they sort out the problem with being charged for using the music app you'll be able to use it on your phone for free which will be great.

also in the vodafone.ie forums I remember seeing someone with the same problem as you-have a look

hmm I might go with getting a live.fm subscription and just stream music off it to my phone when Im ubable to keep the music
    or would that be stupidly expensive

why are they going on with all this nonsense of drm free then?
    is the selection good?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

Hey guys how ye doing , really interested in unlimited music with vodafone but i have problem. I own an lg viewty and whenever i try and download the app it only redirects me to the ordinary music store. Any advice will helpful cheers

• Advertisement

Hey guys how ye doing , really interested in unlimited music with vodafone but i have problem. I own an lg viewty and whenever i try and download the app it only redirects me to the ordinary music store. Any advice will helpful cheers
    ah yes the app, are you using 3g and accesing via the vodafone live connection settings?
    I believe this is neccesary, sadly some phones such as the 5800(at the moment) are not supported but theres reports of them working although voda say they dont so give it a go

I know I will once 3g is set up

This happens because your phone isn't set up there is a link where you can get it ill dig it out later. But be warned even after you pay your 1.99e per week you'll still get charged for using the app on your phone its ment to be free but nearly 2 weeks later and after many calls and also posting on the forum this still hasn't been fixed.

Advertisement