Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a load of stuff from Ireland to USA

Options
  • 24-08-2009 5:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I have stuff which would amount to maybe a crate load (clothes, shoes, books etc.) which would be way too expensive (and heavy) to pack up and bring down to the post office. What are the alternatives for shipping this lot off to the USA from Ireland..I'm in Tipperary btw. Any reputable companies out there that would do this without costing me a small fortune? Thanx :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I used these guys http://www.shippingpersonaleffects.com/door-to-door.html to send my stuff to New Zealand. Used air freight and sent 28kg - it was about €300. They were excellent to deal with. Couldn't recommend them enough, €300 is pretty good as it only took a week or two to get here. If you ship it it can take up to 3 months but costs a lot less.

There is a lot of threads on this in the Living Abroad forum - you might get better response there.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Great :) Thanx for the reply. I wasn't sure where to post this. I'll check out that link and your advice. Thanx again.

Advertisement