Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

search engine for images?

• 24-08-2009 6:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭

ok bare with me, i'm probably in the wrong forum ect but is there such a thing as using a image as a search tool? like instead of entering the name of a painting, you enter the painting and it shows you the websites it appears from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

ok bare with me, i'm probably in the wrong forum ect but is there such a thing as using a image as a search tool? like instead of entering the name of a painting, you enter the painting and it shows you the websites it appears from?

You wont see anything like that for a while, we just don't have the technology to implement something like that in search engine platform yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

robby^5 wrote: »
    You wont see anything like that for a while, we just don't have the technology to implement something like that in search engine platform yet.

aw shucks, i guess i'll have to wait so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

erm, robby, yes we do

spinandscribble - www.tineye.com

amazing website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

This would be a good one for the Favour forum...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055522997

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A good list of search engines can be found on the right side of this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_search_engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

I used that tineye site once and uploaded a picture of my mickey. Imagine my surprise when i found out that i have made over 100 adult movies under the name Ron Jeremy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Long Onion wrote: »
    I used that tineye site once and uploaded a picture of my mickey. Imagine my surprise when i found out that i have made over 100 adult movies under the name Ron Jeremy.

With a name like "Long Onion" no wonder you made women cry!
    That should have been your first hint! ;)

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

/Uploads picture of Randylonghorn......

You don't live up to your name sir :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

MrStuffins wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Is that you Ron? (probably, with a name like Stuffins:pac:)

Advertisement