Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread

• 23-08-2009 10:57pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭

_44047920_villa_liv2_0506.gif
    ESPN 8pm

Villa fans for understandable reasons are not at all positive about this game but it is not a foregone conclusion that Villa will lose (or be hammered) and in a strange way im kinda happy they have been completley written off prior to this game.

If Davies (not that he has been on form) & Carew start this game and Villa play 451 I would be a lot more optimistic. This type of game could actually really suit the way Villa are set up to play under MON in the past year by which i mean that they can play a fast counter attacking game. Assuming L.Young is still off on compassionate leave id like to see the following start.

.......................Friedel *1

Beye........Cuellar........Davies......Shorey

.........................NRC
    ............Petrov...........delph
    Milner.....................................Young
    ......................Carew *2

*1 honestly wouldent mind Guzan playing but would edge towards Friedel still as will MON
    *2 If Carew cant play id like Gabby here as despite not being impressed with him for a good while he did well in this role before Heskey was bought last season and we went back to 442.

Villa need to play a high tempo game where we pack the midfield and give Liverpool as little space as possible and playing NRC is essential for this. In all Villa's recent games he has looked a much improved player when actually played in his correct position and he could actually free up Petrov and Delph/Sidwell to actually have some for of creativity in the cntre of the park meaning Villa would not be 100% reliant on Milner & Young who will of course still be our main potential for attacks. Gabby could then be brought on (if he doesent start) as a late impact sub, and scare the crap out of a tiring (unfit) Greek or Ayala with his pace.

so it aint all negative for Villa although i still wouldent be shocked with a defeat tonight
    CCCP^ wrote: »
    Agbonlahor I respect and would be worried about. Carew, not so much. Did he partake in Norway's recent thrashing of Scotland?

the vast majority of Villa fans would disagree with you on that on, Gabby can be a bit of a headless chicken at times and its been quite a while since he has been impressive while Carew as far as im concerned is essentially unplayable when he is fit and on form. Carew is Villa's best CF and most Villa fans want to see him as our lone striker in a 451 setup but lucky for you odds are he will not start against Liverpool as he will have a Virus / Toe Injury or whatever will be wrong with him this week instead.

and although it doesent support my point yes he played in Norways 4-0 win over scotland but didnt score. He is Norways main man though usually

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

the vast majority of Villa fans would disagree with you on that on, Gabby can be a bit of a headless chicken at times and its been quite a while since he has been impressive while Carew as far as im concerned is essentially unplayable when he is fit and on form. Carew is Villa's best CF and most Villa fans want to see him as our lone striker in a 451 setup but lucky for you odds are he will not start against Liverpool as he will have a Virus / Toe Injury or whatever will be wrong with him this week instead.

and although it doesent support my point yes he played in Norways 4-0 win over scotland but didnt score. He is Norways main man though usually

So, let me ask you as a Villa fan (I assume you are) where is the attack going to come from on Monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

So, let me ask you as a Villa fan (I assume you are) where is the attack going to come from on Monday?

Nowhere. You'll be shocked at how bad Villa are. :mad:

Although I hope I am 100% wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Fairly confident for this match, we done them 5-0 when they had a better team so I expect a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Every single Villa attack comes through Ash Young. Teams figured out long ago that sticking two players on him will nullify Villa attacks, so I'm sure Benitez will do this.
    Tactical genius that he is, O'Neill has no plan B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Every single Villa attack comes through Ash Young. Teams figured out long ago that sticking two players on him will nullify Villa attacks, so I'm sure Benitez will do this.
    Tactical genius that he is, O'Neill has no plan B.

Lets not get hasty about judging martin o'neill. I dont agree that he is a tactical genius either.

He has performed above and beyond expectation at every club he has been at. He has also just lost his club captain. The player you mention that is the only threat in ashley young, was signed by o' neill for 10mil quid when most barstoolers had never heard of him. He has a fantastic knack of getting average players to perform above their normal ability.

If villa had the capacity to add 2/3 quality 'depth' players last season they would be in the champions league this year. It was a twist of fate that their season started in july last year and they ran out of gas with a thin squad.

Before benitez took over, it could just as easily been him at our club, and at the time, not too many would have complained about that.

Plenty of sh1te was thrown at him from fellow liverpool fans over the barry saga. These same 'stone throwers' then get in a twist over madrid doing the same thing to us over alonso. Arguably, barry meant more to villa than alonso to us seeing as he was homegrown and the club captain.

In short, oneill may not currently have a plan B but whos to know what cash he has available. Villa may be on a 'depression' at the moment but i would never ever underestimate a martin oneill managed team. The tide will turn for villa, there are too many good young players in that squad for it to drift away. I expect us to beat them but after they get over barry leaving i think they will push for 5th, and that really is all a villa manager can do unless he is super human.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I think Liverpool have to be favs going into this as Villa really havent got going this season. Both sides are having a mini crisis at the centre of defence and how each side copes with this will probably be key. Given Skrtel seems to be in with a decent shout of starting it looks like Liverpool are likelier to come out ahead in this battle.

Possible lineups

Reina
    Johnson--Carra--Player 1--Insua
    Masch--Lucas
    Kuyt--Gerrard--Player 2
    Torres

Cavalieri ; Voronin ; N'gog ; Kelly ; Riera ; Babel ; Ayala

Player 1 - Skrtel if possible - there was talk that he might play the last day after that it's hard to choose between Ayala and Kyrgiakos
    Player 2 - Benayoun - really cant see beyond Benni - interesting to see if Babel and Riera are on the bench

Friedel
    Beye--Cuellar--Shorey--Lowry
    Milner--Sidwell--Petrov--Young
    Agbonlahor--Heskey

Guzan; Albringhton ; Delfouneso ; Delph ; Gardner ; NRC ; Lichaj

Liverpool v Aston Villa
    Venue: Anfield Date: Monday 24 August Kick-off: 2000 BST
    Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 Live, local radio & ESPN; Full match commentary on BBC Radio Merseyside 95.8 FM, 1485 MW and DAB

TEAM NEWS
    Liverpool have an injury crisis in central defence and hope to complete the signing of Greece international Sotirios Kyrgiakos before Monday.

If not, Daniel Ayala could continue at centre-half, as Daniel Agger faces six weeks out with a back injury.

Aston Villa are monitoring the fitness of Curtis Davies, who injured his shoulder in the defeat by Rapid Vienna.

Defender Luke Young has been given compassionate leave after the death of his half-brother.

Liverpool

Suspended: None

Doubtful: Skrtel (head) Injured: Agger (back), Aquilani (ankle), El Zhar & Aurelio (both knee)

Aston Villa

Suspended: None

Doubtful: Davies (shoulder), Carew (virus) Injured: Downing (foot), Bouma (ankle), L Young (compassionate leave)

MATCH PREVIEW
    Liverpool put a poor start against Tottenham behind them to put four past Stoke City in midweek and look more like the side they were much of last season.

The games are hard and approaching us pretty quickly but when we settle down this season we will be absolutely fine

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill
    Other similarities with the 2008/09 campaign also remain, with Rafa Benitez wrangling over his transfer kitty and already having to quash rumours of his imminent departure.

Aston Villa have started the new season much as they ended the last one - in poor form.

Booed off by home fans after their 2-0 defeat to Wigan last Saturday, they then lost 1-0 to Rapid Vienna in the first leg of their Europa League qualifier on Thursday.

Without so much as a goal so far this season, they now face Liverpool, a team they haven't beaten in their last 16 attempts.

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

• Liverpool are unbeaten in the last 16 home and away games against Villa (W10, D6) since a 3-1 defeat at Anfield in September 2001. This unbeaten run includes one League Cup win.

• Liverpool have won more Premier League points against Aston Villa than any other club (62).

• Liverpool beat Villa 5-0 in the corresponding fixture last year, with Steven Gerrard scoring a hat-trick.

• Gerrard has scored 10 goals against Aston Villa in his career (including nine in the league) - his highest tally against any one club.

Liverpool

• Liverpool have not lost at home in the league for 31 games.

• Liverpool have never lost a Premier League match in which Fernando Torres has scored. Torres has now scored in 28 different league matches for the club (23 wins, 5 draws).

• Dirk Kuyt is on 149 Liverpool appearances.

Aston Villa

• Aston Villa have not won any of their last six away games in the Premier League.

• Villa have won just two of their last 14 league matches.

• Nicky Shorey is on 299 career league starts.

• Marlon Harewood celebrates his 30th birthday on Tuesday.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Liverpool

Gerrard, Johnson, Kuyt, N'Gog, Torres: 1 goal (1 league)

Aston Villa

(last season's scorers as no goals scored yet this season)

Carew: 15 goals (11 league); Agbonlahor: 13 goals (12 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS
    Referee: Martin Atkinson

Assistant referees: Phil Sharp & Trevor Massey

Fourth official: Mike Jones

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
    Liverpool (W 4-0 v Stoke, h): Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Ayala, Insua, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt (Riera 82), Gerrard (Voronin 81), Benayoun, Torres (Ngog 84). Subs Not Used: Cavalieri, Babel, Kelly, Dossena.

Aston Villa (L 0-2 v Wigan, h): Friedel, Beye (Albrighton 68), Cuellar, Davies, Shorey, Milner, Delph (Sidwell 61), Petrov, A Young, Agbonlahor (Delfouneso 77), Heskey. Subs Not Used: Guzan, Reo-Coker, Gardner, Clark.

MOST RECENT MEETING

Liverpool 5-0 Aston Villa 22 March 2009

Liverpool scorers: Kuyt 8, Riera 33, Gerrard 39 (pen), 50, 65 (pen)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8209624.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I really hope Benny starts this game, and Liverpool play with the same high octane performance as against Stoke last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

3-3 draw please, Torres and Young with a hattrick each!

I see this being a big win for Liverpool, if Gerrard performs to his best I predict a 2-0 or 3-0 win for the reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Had money on Big 4 this weekend, c'mon Pool!

Torres for hat-trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

3-0 to Liverpool. As a Villa fan it hurts me to say that but I can't see it going any other way atm. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hoping for a 4-3 Villa win, with a hat trick for Torres (all assists from Kuyt). also Gerrard to be sent off for punching Martin O Neill and getting himself a six month ban in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

gucci wrote: »
    I really hope Benny starts this game, and Liverpool play with the same high octane performance as against Stoke last season.

Which performance against Stoke last season?? We drew both 0-0! I think you mean Villa last season....! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

K-9 wrote: »
    Babel is the most frustrating Liverpool player to watch. In fairness he was marked out of it against Spurs, even Messi would have struggled with the quality of the ball and the marking! :o

Benayoun seemed to manage when he came on

Carew is far better than Agbonlahor
    daithijjj wrote: »
    Lets not get hasty about judging martin o'neill. I dont agree that he is a tactical genius either.

He has performed above and beyond expectation at every club he has been at. He has also just lost his club captain. The player you mention that is the only threat in ashley young, was signed by o' neill for 10mil quid when most barstoolers had never heard of him. He has a fantastic knack of getting average players to perform above their normal ability.

If villa had the capacity to add 2/3 quality 'depth' players last season they would be in the champions league this year. It was a twist of fate that their season started in july last year and they ran out of gas with a thin squad.

Before benitez took over, it could just as easily been him at our club, and at the time, not too many would have complained about that.

Plenty of sh1te was thrown at him from fellow liverpool fans over the barry saga. These same 'stone throwers' then get in a twist over madrid doing the same thing to us over alonso. Arguably, barry meant more to villa than alonso to us seeing as he was homegrown and the club captain.

In short, oneill may not currently have a plan B but whos to know what cash he has available. Villa may be on a 'depression' at the moment but i would never ever underestimate a martin oneill managed team. The tide will turn for villa, there are too many good young players in that squad for it to drift away. I expect us to beat them but after they get over barry leaving i think they will push for 5th, and that really is all a villa manager can do unless he is super human.

At the time i probably wouldn't have complained about O'Neill either. But i think he'd now be found out at a big prem club. His teams are one-dimensional. He has spent a lot of money on mostly average players. He spent more than most teams in Europe last season (i think it was 50m) to take Villa from 6th to 6th. They have won something like 2 of their last 20 games.

The fact that they have a thin squad and ran out of gas is entirely O'Neill's fault. He's had plenty of time and money to address that problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

8-10 wrote: »
    Which performance against Stoke last season?? We drew both 0-0! I think you mean Villa last season....! ;)
    I believe he meant last week.

Liverpool to win by 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Liverpool should have far too much for a Villa side that will try and play against them rather than plant 10 men behind the ball.

Villa still haven't recovered from losing Laursen at the back and with their main creative influence having left the club and probably their best striker suffering from a virus or falling out with the manager it's hard to see them taking anything from this game.

They're more than capable of scoring of course, and if they start well then they might get something from the game. I'd expect Liverpool to win this one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If O'Neill plays 2 up front Villa will get hockied!

Pack the midfield, play Agbonlahor up top on his own.

Pray Friedel has one of his matrix performances and a draw is on the cards.

Went for a draw Friday, going to stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

torres to score please

(need to take a shower now)

Headshot wrote: »
    torres to score please

and this is why FF is so, so wrong....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Iago wrote: »

I know, I felt so dirty all week looking at Carra and Benny in my lineup. :(

0-0 with Benny getting a hatrick would suit me.

Iago wrote: »

more like 180 euro mate ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

daithijjj wrote: »
    The player you mention that is the only threat in ashley young, was signed by o' neill for 10mil quid when most barstoolers had never heard of him. He has a fantastic knack of getting average players to perform above their normal ability.

em Ashely Young had a ridiculous reputation at the time for his career/age and had spent half a season in the Prem with Watford, most people had heard of him iirc. Also if you are implying that Young is an average player that is just crazy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Boggles wrote: »
    I know, I felt so dirty all week looking at Carra and Benny in my lineup. :(

0-0 with Benny getting a hatrick would suit me.

And this is why I have a policy of having no Man Utd layers in my FF team, it would cause me too may conflicts

It is also why I suck at FF although hopefully this year without Ronaldo it wont be as big a handicap

I am hoping for a good win tomight with a performance like against Stoke, Villa are much better opposition but I think they are suffering with losing some good player and haven't settled yet

I will go for 4 - 0 with goals from Torres x 2, Kuyt and Johnson (this is my FF wishful thinking coming through)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Villa are looking shaky at the back, so I'd fancy Torres to score in front of the kop.

Worried about Liverpool too though. If Ayala and Carragher starts, they may have trouble dealing with Heskey's strength and Agbonlahor's pace respectively.

Liverpool to win, 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Looking forward the game tonight, I will be interested to see which Liverpool shows up, the one that played tottenham or stoke. Villa need to up their game after their poor start. Assuming they can up it they should be a better test for liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

I think this game will be much closer than people expect. The 5-0 result last year flattered Liverpool. 4 of the 5 goals resulted from a peno, 2 free kicks, and a box-to-box long ball from Reina, so it's not like Villa were played off the park, despite what the final result might reflect... :)

Villa's performance depends a lot on 3 selections. If Davies, Reo-Coker and Carew all start, we have a good chance. MON reverted to a 4-5-1 in the Europa league game - the formation which suits us best, so if he continues with that....

+ Ayala marking Carew could be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

O'Neill will have them fired up for this, but Villa are low on confidence and this fixture comes at the worst time in the world IMHO.

wynters wrote: »

Why would Carragher not mark Carew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

4 of the 5 goals resulted from a peno, 2 free kicks, and a box-to-box long ball from Reina, so it's not like Villa were played off the park, despite what the final result might reflect...

Do those goals not count? A team that concedes a peno, gives away two free-kicks in dangerous positions and is caught out by Reina's trade-mark ball up to Torres sounds like they were played off the park to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Given Skrtel was supposedly in contention for the Stoke game and has been training all along, I would presume he's more than likely to start.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    more like 180 euro mate ;)

Yeah that too.

I have a Rooney/Torres €50 first goalcorer double on. So Torres to score first, Villa to win 2-1 would do nicely!

Far more likely Torres will score first and Liverpool win 1/2/3-0 but at least I'll have a consolation if they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Villa win please, **** FF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is caught out by Reina's trade-mark ball up to Torres sounds like they were played off the park to me.

Riera ;)

and wat a goal it was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

i think if liverpool start with a high tempo and score early it could be 4-0 4-1.
    would be more confident if Carew defo doesnt play.

I had drogba/rooney/adeboyer and torress to all score @ 20/1 so need nando to score at some stage..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Why would Carragher not mark Carew?

Good chance Carew would stop him having a choice in the matter. Could see carew just standing on Ayala happy to stick on him and have a 50/50 tussle with him for anything that comes in, Carew would probably win most. If Carra moves to help him that takes carew out of the game, but leaves both CB's tied up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Do those goals not count? A team that concedes a peno, gives away two free-kicks in dangerous positions and is caught out by Reina's trade-mark ball up to Torres sounds like they were played off the park to me.
    Is right.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hadn't realised we hadn't lost whenever Torres scored. Maybe he really is the new Rushie (Damn ye for that league cup final though Arsenal). Then again utd hadn't lost at home when Ronaldo had scored either, and look how that turned out.

Hopefully there will be a decent performance to cement the momentum gained in mid week. A good performance and a 2 goal win would do nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

5starpool wrote: »
    Then again utd hadn't lost at home when Ronaldo had scored either, and look how that turned out.

Is there some sort of bet on or something where this result has to be mentioned in every thread to do with Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I think this game will be much closer than people expect. The 5-0 result last year flattered Liverpool. 4 of the 5 goals resulted from a peno, 2 free kicks, and a box-to-box long ball from Reina, so it's not like Villa were played off the park, despite what the final result might reflect... :)

Villa's performance depends a lot on 3 selections. If Davies, Reo-Coker and Carew all start, we have a good chance. MON reverted to a 4-5-1 in the Europa league game - the formation which suits us best, so if he continues with that....

Liverpool______________Villa
    ____5_______Score________0
    ____19______Shots________7
    ____7_____On Target______3
    ____4______Corners_______6
    ____62____Possesion______38

Looks fairly comprehensive to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

If villa have any chance they need to come out and attack and press high up the field but that is easier said than done. If Liverpool get an early goal then it could be a very comfortable evening. However if villa can hold out for a while until the second half it could play into their hands. I would have doubts over Liverpools confidence at the moment as I think their season hasn't settled down yet.

After a 4-0 win midweek and having 5 players already off the mark for the season, i wouldn't worry about confidence too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

That Greek fella to start?

Mrmoe wrote: »
    If villa have any chance they need to come out and attack and press high up the field but that is easier said than done. If Liverpool get an early goal then it could be a very comfortable evening. However if villa can hold out for a while until the second half it could play into their hands. I would have doubts over Liverpools confidence at the moment as I think their season hasn't settled down yet.

tbh if villa press high up the field i could see liverpool winning well. I think Villa's best chance is to play solidly in midfield and defence and try and catch liverpool with gabby and ash's pace on the break just wide of center, when Johnson and Insua have pushed forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Villa have to play 1 up, pack the midfield sit back and see if pool can break them down
    If they succeed in this they could get a 0-0 - saying that thats what pool will exect O'Neill to do so who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I've gotta hand it to you, that is the most optimistic I've seen a fan of any team after being torn a new one on the park.

There is no way you can have a 'lucky' 5-0 win. Villa were well beaten in that game, and were played off the park.

In fairness though, I did not expect Villa to be so weak for that game, their heads just weren't in it for some reason.

The only place I see Villa giving Liverpool a game is in the centre of the park - and even then I wouldn;t hold much hope.

If Krgywhatshisface starts, thats the Carew problem sorted - with him and Carra in the centre.

I agree Ayala would have a tough time against him.

I expect liverpool to win this easily

villa have been very poor recently and being at anfield just cant see anything except a liverpool win

ill go for 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Is no-one else worried about Milner? He played really well in the Netherlands game. Haven't seen much of him for Villa yet this season though.

I think we'll win but wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

bluefinger wrote: »
    Is no-one else worried about Milner? He played really well in the Netherlands game. Haven't seen much of him for Villa yet this season though.

I think we'll win but wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw.

Not worried. He didn't have Kuyt & Johnson to contend with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

So who's gonna start up front for Villa?

Need to know for betting purposes

Cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

Does anyone know of pubs around Dublin with ESPN to watch the match? Would the Woolshed by any chance?
    Cheers!!

If Krgywhatshisface starts, thats the Carew problem sorted - with him and Carra in the centre.

I think you're underestimating Carew, and making some premature assumptions about our new signing. Hope you're right though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement