Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I congratulated Villa last night as you's were due a result and am not pissed off about the game last night, sometimes games like that just happen.

But to say Villa were as good or better over the 90mins is ridiculous.

Fair enough you won, not complaining about that in the slightest, but Liverpool were the far better team and dominated virtually the whole match.

This is clearly untrue. Liverpool did not dominate for virtually the whole game and if you believe this to be true you are conning yourself. Aston Villa were at least as good as Liverpool for the majority of the first half and were in no trouble once the penalty went in.

ntlbell wrote: »
    so a liverpool player made a mistake gave away a free kick he made a mistake he was punished. goal.

gerrard no need to give away a peno made a mistake. goal.

I'm not saying they were unlucky, it was sarcasm I'll turn up the dial

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. It doesnt suit you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

orourkeda wrote: »
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. It doesnt suit you

thanks for your input.

please come again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ntlbell wrote: »
    and vila taking advantage of zonal marking was either villa were tactically astute or liverpool were terrible defensively
    For the first, it was neither, a pool player did everything he could to get something on the ball, these things just happen.

For the second, definately rubbish defending, just as it was for Bassongs header last week. Its not the system, its the not winning the ball in the air. The main argument against zonal is that the players dont get a run at the ball, but its not like they all just stand there and jump. the point is they should be going straight for the ball, rather then trying to track a man and put him off - the system didn't fail, the players did.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    For the first, it was neither, a pool player did everything he could to get something on the ball, these things just happen.

For the second, definately rubbish defending, just as it was for Bassongs header last week. Its not the system, its the not winning the ball in the air. The main argument against zonal is that the players dont get a run at the ball, but its not like they all just stand there and jump. the point is they should be going straight for the ball, rather then trying to track a man and put him off - the system didn't fail, the players did.

The free kick was just one of those things. Happens all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

noodler wrote: »
    Now when you two finish jerking each other off,

:eek:
    you will probably agree that Liverpool fans are going to be more worried if they hadn't been creating anything or at least giving it a go.

Liverpool didn't create any clear cut chances last night, also they gave up with 10 minutes to go.

So I suspect your worried then?
    The logic was Hull got what they deserved when a flukey Drogba goal goes in but when Villa win by playing counterattack all night (at least one of their goals was pure fluke by the way Ntl) they are somehow portrayed as having played us off the park?

No one is portraying them as playing Livepool off the park, they were the better side though.

Likewise Chelsea were the better side against Hull and the won the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    F
    For the second, definately rubbish defending, just as it was for Bassongs header last week. Its not the system, its the not winning the ball in the air.

so it's not the system it's the players fault and poor defending.

ok at least you picked one.

JPA wrote: »
    Nowhere. You'll be shocked at how bad Villa are. :mad:

Although I hope I am 100% wrong.

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

orourkeda wrote: »
    Nice.

I got that one hugely wrong and i'm delighted i did! :D

Advertisement