Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ha, I have Curtis Davies on my FF team, get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Super Davies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

The-Rigger wrote: »
    It's a bit behind.

Yea it is but still the best quality i could find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ntlbell wrote: »
    is that liverpool fans booing? :D:D

Yes, directed at the officials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Villa very well organised

Davies imitating a puffer fish for his celebration made me lol

not sure about that corner but the scoreline is more than fair, shocking performance from pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

is that liverpool fans booing? :D:D

Yep, at the match officials apparently :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

What's Rafa sh!teing about? Villa took their corner they were entitled to after Reina kicking the ball away.

Not good, not good at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Interesting to see what Rafa does now. Probably nothing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Referee is simply a cheat. Disgraceful stuff. oh and my stream is working perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

[URL="sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/69850"]Excellent Sopcast stream[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

Liverpool are terrible again tonight! Passing is pants and well too predictable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

only1stevo wrote: »
    ok installed sopcast, its asking me to log in somwere? is this normal?

go wan lucas!

Are you opening sopcast from the desktop??......you should open from a link instead. You will login automatically as an annonymous user.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=46174&part=sports

go to the yes channel broadcast on that link above. Click play. If it doesnt come up automatically, copy and paste this to the address bar and click the arrow to play the channel.

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/69850

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Could be 5-0 the way its going:)

UTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Lot of the Liverpool players mouthing off to the ref - Torres, Mascherano, Reina and then Benitez all having go's at the officials. How Torres hasnt been booked for mouthing off, I just dont know. Good to see them out of the title race after 3 games though.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very surprised at how this is going. Liverpool hammered Villa in this fixture last season didn't they? I thought this would be a Liverpool win by at least three goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

LOL:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That is why Rafa is the worst coach in the PL, he is too stubborn to change a set piece defensive system that allows schoolchildren to get a easy header on goal.

Baffling tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

4-2 or 4-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Referee is simply a cheat. Disgraceful stuff. oh and my stream is working perfectly.

:rolleyes:

Firstly, the term is "a minimum" of added time. The referee can play how much he wants. Secondly, Reina kicked the ball away, wasting time. Villa were entitled to their corner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jesus. 2-0 down. Didn't expect that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Interesting to see what Rafa does now. Probably nothing

what would you suggest out of interest?

he has on what pool fans normally call for.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    not sure about that corner but the scoreline is more than fair, shocking performance from pool.
    Are you watching the same game as me. We could have been three up inside 20 minutes. Villa scored againest the run of play. Torres getting booted all over the pitch yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Yeah, Reina kicked the ball away with 20 seconds left to play. Yellow card and the corner to be taken. Perfectly fine decision by the referee there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

This is hilarious :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Something is up with the ref, Torres is getting mauled and nothing is done at all, joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Referee is simply a cheat. Disgraceful stuff.

I must have missed that bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yea it is but still the best quality i could find

Cool, I just made a bulk order for fixitpro though.

Looking forward to steam rolling Villa in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

20070206steamroller.jpg

That is why Rafa is the worst coach in the PL, he is too stubborn to change a set piece defensive system that allows schoolchildren to get a easy header on goal.

Baffling tbh.
    Yes Rafa is the worst coach in the premier league. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You can thank Reina for kicking the ball away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd love to know what the Villa fans who have been slaughtering O'Neill make of this. The guy is a great manager and without him they'd sink like a stone.

the absence of a top class playmaker for us stands out like a sore thumb tonight.

changes needed at halftime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

what would you suggest out of interest?.

4 HOME GOALS:D

The usual:

Somehow the ball stays out down their end during a passage of play that is nailed on for a goal the vast majority of the time; a flukey one goes in our end; now we're chasing and it becomes difficult; the panicky Peters and needling Nigels appear on the boards.ie soccer forum in full force.

RAFA OUT!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

bring on riera for lucas. Stick benny behind torres and use gerrard in midfield to help control the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

If its any consolation then this Villa are well capable of throwing away a 2-0 nil lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

If Torres getting mauled the same as being tackled cause I'm confused.

And Masch should have been booked already.

UTV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

rarnes1 wrote: »
    the absence of a top class playmaker for us stands out like a sore thumb tonight.

changes needed at halftime

Yes, the Vorininator will surely save the day.

*accompanied with Star Wars theme tune*

I'd love to know what the Villa fans who have been slaughtering O'Neill make of this. The guy is a great manager and without him they'd sink like a stone.

lol, tis clearly a managerial master class thus far. Cause they're winning, right? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Baffling tbh.

are you serious?! the system didn't fail to win the ball, the manager didn't fail to win the ball - the players failed to win the ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The usual:

Somehow the ball stays out down their end during a passage of play that is nailed on for a goal the vast majority of the time; a flukey one goes in our end; now we're chasing and it becomes difficult; the panicky Peters and needling Nigels appear on the boards.ie soccer forum in full force.

It's odd that you didn't have the same thought process during a recent burnley game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Lucas is so poor, he really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Doodee wrote: »
    If Torres getting mauled the same as being tackled cause I'm confused.

And Masch should have been booked already.

UTV!

And Lucas?, if Ashley's was worth a yellow, then either of the '' tackles '' made by Lucas was worth a yellow or both...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Was lucas OG touched by Milner on the way in ? Hes on my FF team ( Milner that is ) wouldnt have Lucas near a 4th divison team tbh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Are you watching the same game as me. We could have been three up inside 20 minutes. Villa scored againest the run of play. Torres getting booted all over the pitch yet again.

laughing @ you :pac::pac::pac:

Baffling tbh.

Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Was it a corner?

I thought it swerved away from Skrtel instead of hitting him, it definately didn't get much of a deflection because it was cleanly moving that way. Definately want to see it from a different angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The usual:

The fact that tonight's scenario is "the usual" would suggest that these brain farts that Liverpool have throughout the course of a season can't be put down to luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement