Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration in General[Problems, discussions, yadda]

Options
  • 24-08-2009 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it could be easier to have one thread, or was this a waste of time making a new one?

Still have something to ask. Was registering for electives today, picked two. After I chose 1, the little dot half-filled up, like I thought it would. Picked a second(a first year module), and nothing more happened. So now my registration page says I still have core/options and electives to pick, even though I've picked 10 out of 10 credits for electives, and 50 out of 50 for core/options. Anyone having same problem?

And now in general...what did people think of the new registration system? Yes first years, this is a new system to "make things easier for us". Well I think it has managed to fall flat on its face, causing more problems than sorting them. And I don't want to move out of the house to sort it, but prob will have to. Anyone else any otehr problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

mine's the exact same. I assumed that it was telling me my elective registration was incomplete because they are only provisional at the moment, though I could be wrong! I'm just leaving mine now; I've registered for all the modules that I'm supposed to register to....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good, thats what I'm doing too. Its not as if anything is wrong, and certainly not coughing up an extra few hundred euro to satisfy their faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

Mushy wrote: »
    Its not as if anything is wrong, and certainly not coughing up an extra few hundred euro to satisfy their faults.

my sentiments exactly :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

well my registration still says i owe 5000 euro :) is this a problem?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    well my registration still says i owe 5000 euro :) is this a problem?!

I'm very sure it could be...probably most major problem we'll see. Get it sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I have the same half-dot problems. That's the thing about UCD registeration, you can usually just assume any problems you have are UCD's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

I've got the half dot as well I assume it's because one of my electives in in provisional status, which is well annoying as im going to be away on holidays when it is either confirmed or rejected! Has anyone got any idea of what the odds are like for getting provisional electives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

I thought module registration wasn't open until the 27th..........no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

DylanJM wrote: »
    I thought module registration wasn't open until the 27th..........no?
    Yeah it opens for us freshers on the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

I'm the same.

I have registered 50 credits for "Core/Options" but the little dot hasn't filled in at all. I've also registered 10 credits for "electives" and the little dot has half filled in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

after two days & three trips to the science programme office i am registered for all my courses!! thankfully they are helpful in science, always have been!
    i have that half filled dot problem too but i don't care, they'll sort it out themselves if it's a universal problem - probably got something to do with tutorial etc. times not being assigned yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 carf

somehow was registered for the wrong core modules!
    heading on core modules says applied and comp maths, which is what i want to do and was told i'd be doing, but the modules seem to be all from theoretical physics, which i'm not even eligible for.
    anyone else in stage 2 maths got this problem??

Advertisement