Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lance Armstrong - beaten by Cork

Options
  • 24-08-2009 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Lance Armstrong is a big girl's blouse.

P.S I stood on Patrick's Hill in the p**sing rain yesterday to see him do the climb which he pulled out of as soon as he saw it. So, I'm not bitter or anything...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Lance Armstrong is a big girl's blouse.

P.S I stood on Patrick's Hill in the p**sing rain yesterday to see him do the climb which he pulled out of as soon as he saw it. So, I'm not bitter or anything...

He pulled out just before centra?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Lance Armstrong was in Cork???? I hate holidays, would have loved to cut off his other ball and paint him yellow, teach him a lesson for inspiring a million douchebags world wide to wear live strong bracelets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Boo-urns Armstrong, he should've taken the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

There used to be a fella in his mid- to late-20's that used to cycle up that hill 5 days a week. I did be seeing him every morning on my way to school. He must be getting better drugs for his amateur work commute than Lance Armstrong... not that I am insinuating that Lance is anything but clean.

Oh and in the paper they quoted him as saying he wasn't in the right state to take on "St. Patty's Hill". The Cork Examiner even had to state following that sentence that he meant St. Patricks Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭thejuggler

D-Generate wrote: »
    The Cork Examiner even had to state following that sentence that he meant St. Patricks Hill

It's been called the Irish Examiner for about 10 years now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I think it was the descent on the other side that he was nervous about, as opposed to the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

In mine and many other heads it shall remain The Cork Examiner.....forever!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Lance Armstrong was in Cork????

Yep, apparently at some cancer lecture, now our "delightful" Mary Harney is considering banning sunbeds, not cigarettes mind you, sunbeds.

Because of the link to cancer and the burden to the state in treating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Yep, apparently at some cancer lecture, now our "delightful" Mary Harney is considering banning sunbeds, not cigarettes mind you, sunbeds.

Because of the link to cancer and the burden to the state in treating it.

He was in Cork for the cycling race, I don't know the exact name of it sorry, I'm not sporty. Then he went to some conference in Dublin.

Re Mary Harney: Beauty salons would be easier to fight than tabacco companies!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

sunnyside wrote: »
    He was in Cork for the cycling race, I don't know the exact name of it sorry, I'm not sporty. Then he went to some conference in Dublin.

The Tour of Ireland :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

thejuggler wrote: »
    It's been called the Irish Examiner for about 10 years now

You must be some sort of blow in, t'will always be the Cork Examiner!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

He's really been high profile in the media since he left Cork on Sunday so perhaps he was sparing his strength!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

He is not man enough for the hill! Did it 4 times yesterday on a high nelly!

Backwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

sunnyside wrote: »

The state earns too much tax from tobacco that's the thing you see...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Fabio wrote: »
    The state earns too much tax from tobacco that's the thing you see...:mad:

True, health tax on sunbeds maybe?

would have loved to cut off his other ball and paint him yellow, teach him a lesson for inspiring a million douchebags world wide to wear live strong bracelets.

+ 1, generally anyone seen wearing them yellow bands is a poser / t0sser type, may or may not be coincidense but they often wear a Munster rugby jersey too :D

Advertisement