Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you do if asked into a group without being asked

• 24-08-2009 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I don't know about anyone else, but if randoms invite me into a group without asking, or I'm in a really bad PuG Group, where people are ninjaing or generally don't know how to play... is there anything you like to do to ensure they all wipe, or confuse them.

As an example, if I get invited without asking, usually by some low levels looking for a boost, as a tankadin I go in with them, do A Mass pull that a lvl 80 could handle and then bubble, so I lose all aggro, and stand back and laugh.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

My way is a lot easier and doesnt take up as much time , i decline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

dubhdara3 wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but if randoms invite me into a group without asking, or I'm in a really bad PuG Group, where people are ninjaing or generally don't know how to play... is there anything you like to do to ensure they all wipe, or confuse them.

As an example, if I get invited without asking, usually by some low levels looking for a boost, as a tankadin I go in with them, do A Mass pull that a lvl 80 could handle and then bubble, so I lose all aggro, and stand back and laugh.

Should the title not be?

How to be a glorious c*nt?

Just decline, dont go merely to spite people. Yeah its annoying, you just simply, decline, or first ask where they are going.

If im spamming for tanks or healers they all get a pm asking are they interested in where im going, then if they reply they get invite.

Dont be a douche about it though

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jiggy

Fellow tankadin here , and I love doing that false hope pull but I find if a random lowbie asks for a boost and I am not busy I will help but only if they ask and say please. The crap Ive gotten from some lowbies would only fit on a list called, "Things not to say in front of your Granny"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dubhdara3

TheDoc wrote: »
    Should the title not be?

How to be a glorious c*nt?

Just decline, dont go merely to spite people. Yeah its annoying, you just simply, decline, or first ask where they are going.

If im spamming for tanks or healers they all get a pm asking are they interested in where im going, then if they reply they get invite.

Dont be a douche about it though

Sorry, I should have included... I always decline.. I was only talking about the people who constantly invite you to a group, despite the fact you decline them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

On my hunter, i simply MD one of the DPS or the healer to piss them off. On my priest i just refuse to heal, and on my tank i just ninja DC in the middle of a huge pull.

I hate pugs, i hate noobs and i hate some of the ***** in this game, so sometimes i go out of my way to **** with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Wow, just decline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

..I was only talking about the people who constantly invite you to a group, despite the fact you decline them

/ignore

I couldn't be bothered wasting time with groups that just invite without asking you anything first. Generally these are low level groups just looking for a boost. I don't get why people just don't ask first.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

I play a shammy and get that all the time cos they expect me to be a healer. When they do it I usually reply with "....and you would be?" & I also leave the invite option on my screen till it fades itself that way they learn a lesson.

I have to admit I'd love the balls to do what the OP does but i guess I'm just not a meanie though i was bold once with a lil stalker that had asked and asked and asked and kept harrassing me for a SM run so I joined the group with him/her flew to the instance then waited like 20 mins till they had walked the whole way up then as I had said to him about time at the start when he whispered said "Sorry but seen as it took you soo long I have to go now as I said earlier" and left.

Hopefully another lesson learned though learning with twats is a rare trait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I normaly decline and /w them to ask in future... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,633 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I usually pretend to be afk. Although if they get annoying, I usually whisper them with a "fcuk off"

When leveling my priest around 77-78, I got a /w of "wonna heal AC" from a lvl 66. I ignored, but got an invite 15 seconds later, which i declined. Got another one straight away. Declined again, and while I was typing back "no, stop inviting me ffs", I got yet another invite. Needless to say, i changed my message to "fcuk off". It stopped.

Has also happened that people whisper you out of the blue, i.e. they are in dalaran and I might be doing dailies in Icecrown. Usually asking me to heal an instance and again, I pretend to be afk. They often persist with whispers of "???" a few times, not realising that they're not gonna get an answer if i didnt reply the first time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Nothing. I'm too lazy to hit Decline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

happens all the time. if im in a lfg channel then i accept to see what their doing. if not i decline, unless its someone i know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

random invites with no whisp beforehand are being rude to you. Not them.

Declining is the easy way out and doesn't teach them the importance of not being douches.

In CoX you could put a comment in when people were looking for others. The most common was "No blind invites", but even then people ignore you. I used to put in "I will wipe the team if you blind invite me".

I had someone blind invite me. I asked them if they read the comment and they said "yes, lol". At which point once we entered the instance I proceeded to tag everything and wipe the team.

It is the only way some people will learn.

As for WOW most blind invites I get on my high levels is requests to give them cash or rent out my account. I got an addon which just auto declines.

Advertisement