Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumps and Ripples in Pastered Wall

Options
  • 24-08-2009 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I got the kitched plasterded rescenlty and it looks well, I allpied the first coat of paint and then realised that one section of the wall has bumps and ripples on it in one section only.

How do i go about repairing this, sand it down and repaint.

Will sanding take the bumps out as they are quite big

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yeah but you'll probably want a power sander to get bumps out if it's that bad. When you repaint you may have problems with edges of the previous coat lifting, where the sander has done it's thing, so bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Or get the plasterer back? Shouldn't be any bumps and ripples with a craftsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

ART6 wrote: »
    Or get the plasterer back? Shouldn't be any bumps and ripples with a craftsman.

There shouldn't...but it happens...and usually it's not until the plaster gets some paint on it that it becomes apparant. If it's only in one area like the OP said, then it could be just a patch that slumped due to a dip in the plasterboard/scratchcoat.
    Whilst I'd agree with getting back the guy if it was all over the place, for something that the OP can remedy themselves in 5 minutes, it's probably not worth the hassle for iether of them...

Advertisement