Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

fishing and shooting

• 24-08-2009 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

does anyone on the fishing forum do shooting too?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Used absolutely live for shooting, rough shooting over spaniels. Fishing was very much secondary.
    Havent lived in Ireland in nearly 10 years now and only fired a few shots last year in total. This year will be similar.
    Really miss it and hope to get back to it someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭EastTyrone

Chuileog wrote: »
    Used absolutely live for shooting, rough shooting over spaniels. Fishing was very much secondary.
    Havent lived in Ireland in nearly 10 years now and only fired a few shots last year in total. This year will be similar.
    Really miss it and hope to get back to it someday.

sorry to hear man, im the opposite always lived for fishing but never did much shooting but gradually im getting more shooting in, im only young lol, hope this year will get a few duck am currently lookiong at a fe ponds for any flights come september

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

EastTyrone wrote: »
    does anyone on the fishing forum do shooting too?

Yep! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

yep me too love em both

what type of shooting do you two do|?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

I mainly shoot deer, but also shoot birds too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭premiercad

I do both aswell, shooting rough for Pheasants in the winter and Fishing in the summer. The seasons work out pretty well for doing both shooting and fishing as they tend to start or finish within a month of each other tyipically. For me October and Feburary are depressing months waiting for the seasons to begin!:)

premiercad wrote: »
    I do both aswell, shooting rough for Pheasants in the winter and Fishing in the summer. The seasons work out pretty well for doing both shooting and fishing as they tend to start or finish within a month of each other tyipically. For me October and Feburary are depressing months waiting for the seasons to begin!:)
    wow, i do the same, but in the north our trout season ends on october 21st so by that time the pheasants are already fair game lol, when does your season for trout end?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

EastTyrone wrote: »
    what type of shooting do you two do|?

Shotgun only.

Clays all year round and game in the game season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

do more shooting now than fishing, used to be the other way round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Also do both. Used be out a few days a week after pheasant and duck during the season but college work took over so not so much anymore. Still head out with the father for the walk and kept my .22 to help the girlfriends father out with pest control. Since I finished college completely this week (after 8 hard years graft:p) am hoping to get back into game shooting soon.

Nearly everybody I know who shoots also throws a line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭vermin hunter

i do both my self from march to sept its the rod and september to end of january its the gun im lucky to have an understanding wife who loves to eat what i catch or eat i use to do a lot of pikr fihing in the winter but the shooting took over. i do rough shooting and also wildfowling im lucky enough to have a friend who has a boat wich we use for fishing and shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Yep do both. Used to be mainly fishing but now its goin the opposite way. Shoot shotgun only at the minute

Advertisement