Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering lost DVD key from Xbox 360 - any interest

Options
  • 24-08-2009 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi

as few of yous know there is a new hack coming out soon, or I should say new possibility of hacking xbox 360. This is purely to run homebrew software not copied games!

Anyway, there is a way of reading dvd key from the mainboard, anyone has "bricked" xbox that would need a key to be extracted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

docentore wrote: »
    Hi

as few of yous know there is a new hack coming out soon, or I should say new possibility of hacking xbox 360. This is purely to run homebrew software not copied games!

Anyway, there is a way of reading dvd key from the mainboard, anyone has "bricked" xbox that would need a key to be extracted?
    Thats great news i have 2 bricked xboxes have you any more links on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

at the moment only possuble on xenon (1st version of x360) but in future, who knows.

http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=12230.0

Never bricked a 360 ever, but yes the new hack will allow access to the keyvalt without the need for the DVD Drive.

My try source some ones on the cheap :)

Check this video of a 360 booting the latest version of Xell, and running a Snes Emulator.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd1g8igV6yA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

yeah, I'm looking for one or two as well to play around. They should be cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi lads,
    New to all this, just got an Elite but if you are able to read the DVD key from the mainboard what would that allow you to then do? Sorry for the noobish question....

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

You can get the Key from the DVD drive much much easier, with this you can flash hacked firmware to play backups.

The new hack holds out a prospect of obtaining the key from the Mobo which has never been possible till now, so if someone bricked there drive and lost the key there may be hope on the horizon.

But if the device is bricked surely it won't do anything at all, not even boot up?

Bricked in terms of the 360 generally means you`ve lost the key, which means you have an expensive dvd player(wont play games).

But if you manage to get the key back and youve fried the drive somehow you can simply buy a new drive and flash it to that.

Makes perfect sense, thanx for explaining man!

Advertisement