Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Atalia (Moneenageisha Roundabout)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I feel they should complete remove pedestrian access on one side , ideally where there was none before between the Huntsman and the G . Most peds do not walk past the G on the pavement , they walk on the far side.

Pedestrians coming out of Eye Cinema or the shops there (Maplins/PC World spring to mind) won't thank you for that: buses go down Wellpark every 1/2 hour at best, whereas there's more than one every 15 mins along the Dublin Rd - and it's only a 20 minute walk to town anyway.

(I've seen quite a few lately coming out of the complex with a printer in a box, and smiled nostalgically: I remember making that trip, around about a year ago.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

I have been driving down Lough Atalia out of town for the past 2 years in the evenings to get home, and I always had a landmark along Lough Atalia where if cars were backed upto I knew traffic was pretty bad, since the lights went in if the traffic is backed up to that point its now a good day! I have started using College Road now though that is only slightly better depending on time of day

Pedestrians at Moneen junction should have been accommodated with overpasses so that there would have been no holdups for pedestrians or cars alike.

I would have liked to have seen the land in front of the huntsman (not the car park) used to enlarge and reposition the roundabout enabling slip roads etc to be put in which would help with the traffic flow.

Advertisement