Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Media Networking HELP

Options
  • 24-08-2009 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Anywho......here's the thing.

I have a HTPC in living room 1.5TB and the main PC upstairs. Main PC is linked to a Netopia wireless router/switch and the HTPC is linked wirelessly to the router/switch via a Netgear USB adapter.

I have recently acquired a discarded PC from work with a P4 3.2Ghz. I was considering setting up a Home Media Network Server with this PC. Take the hard drives from the HTPC and the main PC a bang them into the P4 3.2 Ghz and stream all my media through CAT 5 cable and RJ 45 plugs (to be installed).

So........what would be the best OS to use here (pref windows based)? Both Main PC and HTPC are Vista Home Premium. What would be the best OS for the P4 3.2Ghz 'media server'?

Cheers, dingdong

Comments

Advertisement