Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked thread in Airsoft

Options
  • 24-08-2009 11:14am
    Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055654718

Was just reading this thread. I felt that the user who got a ban was fairly banned but also felt that Firekitten should have had a ban for personal insults/condescending posts which is exactly what the other user was banned for. She practically baited him into insulting her.

I know that FK is a frequent and knowledgable contributor to the forum but I sometimes find her posts condescending and in this particular instance found her out of order. If thermo was banned, in the interest of fairness Firekitten should also be banned. Just my two cents.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't see anyone goading there.

If someone can't contain their own outbursts and talk like an adult, it's their responsibility.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Thanks for the quick reply.
    "Kid, you've clearly never been inside an armoury"
    "Thermo... sorry... but you're 15... your own or issued rifle? lol"

If these aren't inflammatory in their tone, I don't know what is. If she spoke to me like this, I'd have a go at her too. Very condescending. I don't think I was the only one who found the banning of thermo and not of FK unfair. BTW, I know neither of them personally.

Just thought it was worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

"She/he started it.." isn't generally a good excuse outside of primary school - and even then..

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

However, it does take two to tango. I'm not trying to defend thermo who was out of order. But I am saying that Firekitten was also out of order. And I'll leave it at that.

Advertisement