Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Business and a Language

Options
  • 24-08-2009 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

If I do not receive a second round offer for Business and Management (which is unlilely - I have 400 points against 410 on first offer) I will be doing International Business and Spanish. Just hoping that someone here does Business and Spanish (or another language) and can help me with the following quries
    1) What is the course like? I will be starting Spanish so will not be taking another langauge. Which is the most challenging the language or the busines part? Good lectures etc?
    2) Do you need a laptop?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Billydog

Excuse my spelling in the last post. Typing too fast and did not run spell check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I got International Business and French so if anyone wants to answer the same questions there ^ about the french too it would be great!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jah718

Hi, I am doing International business and Languages. Equal time is given to both business and language but the language will definitely feel like the main area of focus. Be careful not to let the business take a back seat though because you need it to pass as well. Make sure that you do all your business assignments throughout the year because this will make it much easier to pass at the end.

All in all, its a pretty enjoyable course with good lecturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Leane00

no u dont need a laptop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I've studied English, Irish, German and Spanish and found Spanish to be the easiest of the lot of them. I do a journalism course in DIT and for some language classes we're teamed up with the business students. In those classes, we've studied culture, grammar and a little bit of literature. It's all fairly straightforward and the lecturers are very good and friendly.

Have you studied Spanish before?

• Advertisement
Advertisement