Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.K. veggie stuff

Options
  • 24-08-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Dearies,

I'm gonna be hopping over to the "other island" for the week, to a little city in Berkshire. Prolly won't be eating out but is there anything I should really pick up while I'm over there?
    ie. easy to get in the shops there, next to impossible here.

Wont have much time for 'net access while I'm over but will prolly check in a couple of times in the week.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Oh have fun :)
    I can't think of anything in particular, just that everything is so much cheaper over there. I guess you do have a slightly wider variety at lower prices in the health food stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

You should bring one of those cooler bags and buy loads of Swedish Glace soya ice-cream! It's in most tesco's there for £1.69 :eek:
    Not really practical though!
    But yes, as sweet-rasmus said, everythings cheaper there, disgustingly cheaper :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Ouchette

I'd just go to any big supermarket and raid their veggie sections, especially the chilled bit. Always seems to be faaar more choice of veggie stuff there than here, or maybe I'm just going to the wrong shops in Ireland. Leave that marinated tofu stuff well alone though. Bleugh.

Oh and beans. Lots of beans. Lots of different kinds of beans that aren't baked beans.

If you're not vegan, there are some different kinds of cheeses that you don't get so much in Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Better selection of Quorn, am a huge fan of their turkey and stuffing sliced meat :) Personally I eat a lot of junk when I visit Berkshire (Reading) because I sit in my cousin's house all day :P Lots of snacks that are clearly marked veggie like pretzels and fancy crisps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I always buy my flaxseed in the UK. €7.95 here in Nourish but only £4.99 in H+B in the UK.

As mentioned above so much more in the frozen section too but I guess thats a bit difficult to get back here on your return journey!

The supermarkets tend to stock more free from stuff than the supermarkets here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement