Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chemistry Interview Questions.

• 24-08-2009 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Im entering my second year teaching, last year had maternity leave with junior science and biology. I have an interview this week for a school i would love to get, it is for science, biology and chemistry. I am qualified to teach chemistry but haven't had the opportunity yet. Has anyone any experience of chemistry questions asked in interviews. Id be really grateful as i want to be as prepared as possible. Reall want the job. Thanks. Id be happy to help anyone out ont he biology questions also.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's kind of hard to say really. I was never asked about chemistry at any interviews, but I was asked about other subjects. At some interviews they ask you specific questions about the syllabus or how you would teach a particular topic (this applies to any subject) and at any other interviews they don't talk about the subject at all. I suppose they assume you should know the material if you are qualified in it. It would also depend if there is someone on the interview board with a chemistry qualification, or who is familiar with the subject otherwise they're not going to know anything about the subject.

I suppose the easiest thing for you to do would be to have a look through the LC chemistry book and to familiarise yourself with what is on it and also maybe to have an idea how you would go about doing lab work with a class, including the health and safety aspects of the class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dids6457

It's kind of hard to say really. I was never asked about chemistry at any interviews, but I was asked about other subjects. At some interviews they ask you specific questions about the syllabus or how you would teach a particular topic (this applies to any subject) and at any other interviews they don't talk about the subject at all. I suppose they assume you should know the material if you are qualified in it. It would also depend if there is someone on the interview board with a chemistry qualification, or who is familiar with the subject otherwise they're not going to know anything about the subject.

I suppose the easiest thing for you to do would be to have a look through the LC chemistry book and to familiarise yourself with what is on it and also maybe to have an idea how you would go about doing lab work with a class, including the health and safety aspects of the class.

Thanks 4 that, i havent been asked anything topic specific in any interview either more a general overview of the syllabus, exams etc.
    I suppose I am just wondering if anyone has had any interviews where any specific chemistry questions have been asked.

Advertisement