Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes won't start up on my computer....

• 24-08-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, i used to be able to use iTune no problem but a while back every time a tried to open it the "iTunes has experiences an error and will shut down" or something along those lines.

Anyone have any ide what's wrong and how to rectify it? I got a laptop so it wasn a big deal but now my laptop is on the blink i'd like to be able to use iTunes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah i've tried it a million times but no joy i'm afraid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Yeah i've tried it a million times

A million! that's a lot.
    You could try using CC Cleaner to clear out any temp files or crap left over.
    Or you could try doing a system restore.
    Let us know how you get on.

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    A million! that's a lot.
    You could try using CC Cleaner to clear out any temp files or crap left over.
    Or you could try doing a system restore.
    Let us know how you get on.

Maybe not a million, i lost count after 800k :P

I've tried both C Cleaner and System Restore :(:(

Could you try again and give us an exact error message rather than something along the lines of something.

• Advertisement

Ok and you are getting the same error all the time when starting iTunes?
    Is there a second account on the laptop? If not could you create a second one and see if iTunes works on the new one just incase it is something relating to your profile.

Could you try again and give us an exact error message rather than something along the lines of something.

"iTunes has experienced an error and needs to close". Then gives me the option to send the info to Microsoft.
    RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Ok and you are getting the same error all the time when starting iTunes?
    Is there a second account on the laptop? If not could you create a second one and see if iTunes works on the new one just incase it is something relating to your profile.

Same error yeah, theres only onr profile but i will create another one

Ok, so created a new profile and keep getting the same error :(

:confused:

Well from reading other threads about the same issue, most times its resolved with and uninstall / reinstall which obvioulsy hasn't worked in your case.

There is a guide here on this page which may help.

Link

When you uninstalled and reinstalled, was it just the iTunes application you removed or did you remove the supporting software in the article I linked earlier like Quicktime as well?

• Advertisement
Advertisement