Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Phone

• 24-08-2009 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hi a slightly different question to the other one on this page.I hav recently lost my camaera and decided to kill two birds with one stone and get a new phone with a decent(3 MP)+ idealy witha flash. Anyone have any suggestions? Cheaper the better :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Hi a slightly different question to the other one on this page.I hav recently lost my camaera and decided to kill two birds with one stone and get a new phone with a "decent" (3 MP)+ idelaly witha flashAnyone have any suggestions?Cheaper the better :)

LG Viewty 5mpwith flash. Great phone

http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=316036&offerSelected=prepayupgrade&action=view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

+1 for the LG Viewty..it is a really good phone for under €200

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I had been looking at the Viewty for the camera function.Is it diffuclt to use/text as a phone due to the touchscreen aspect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I had been looking at the Viewty for the camera function.Is it diffuclt to use/text as a phone due to the touchscreen aspect?

it is, i dont like it at all for texting, ya cant really walk and text

I dont find it hard to use plus your given a stylus pen to use also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Hi a slightly different question to the other one on this page.I hav recently lost my camaera and decided to kill two birds with one stone and get a new phone with a decent(3 MP)+ idealy witha flash. Anyone have any suggestions? Cheaper the better :)

If money is an issue and you want decent images i'd buy a cheap point and shoot camera. Even the cheapest, couple of years old name p&s will destroy a modern top of the range cameraphone.

BVB wrote: »
    I dont find it hard to use plus your given a stylus pen to use also

yea the pen makes it a lot easier to text. I find it much slower to text than my old nokia phone, and even with the pen i find it impossible to walk and text

True.

I think the OP should decide what they want

Im using a Samsung Tocco Lite now which also has a 5mp camera with Flash but I would still find hard to walk + text. But I think you might find thatwith all touch screen phones

i suppose its a small price to pay, the features on the phone are very good, camera is very good.. like any phone really, you gotta weigh the pros and cons.. i think it would be impossible to find something you are 100% happy with

Thanks for the replies, i had been looking at the Nokia 6303 as well. I could buy a cheap camera but i keep keep losing them so i thought by combining the two id have less chance of doing that. Phone i have at them moment also isnt the best at all so an upgrade would be good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sony ericson c905 has a 8 megapixel flash its a bit on the pricey side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

I have my N95 now for nearly 2 years.

It has a great 5mp camera with a modest flash.I am one of these people that like to photograph everything i see, so to always have this phone in my pocket is great. Would definitely recommend it.

Tried the LG but the picture quality when transferred to the laptop was not as good as the Nokia.

Hi and thanks again for the replies. I have decided to go for the Viewty, still unsureon the touchscreen aspect but picked it up for 70 on adverts so im thinkin its worth a try :)

Advertisement