Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modric Paper Talk

Options
  • 24-08-2009 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Lads had a feeling this piece would eventually do the rounds. We cant give in this time to those cnuts!..Hope thats all it is .. is paper talk!!!.

United to offer Spurs Carrick and cash for Modric? - Transfer Talk
    Latest transfer gossip and news from the rumour mill
    Monday, August 24, 2009

Tottenham may have an interesting transfer offer to consider if talk swirling round Upton Park yesterday is accurate.

The rumour mill suggests Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is trailing Croatia star Luka Modric and is prepared to send Michael Carrick back to White Hart Lane plus £10million to land the Spurs playmaker.

Modric has been a key component in Tottenham's flying start to the new campaign and although he is a quality player, Carrick is hardly a like-for-like replacement.

Redknapp certainly has the resources in his squad to replace Modric but it would not be up the same standard and it is unlikely he would accept the offer and it hard to believe this transfer has a chance of going through.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

No Chance!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dmcevoy24

jesus not a hope in hell !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I hope its a true offer and I hope even more Harry and the board turn around and tell him to get ****ed, This should be a statement of intent from Tottenham it was different with Berbatov seeing as the sheer amount of money and the fact he was being a sheer ****.

Even if Modric did was interested I think he would have the professionalism not to kick up **** for at least this campaign.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I really hope that's a legitimate offer that we can stick up their proverbial :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I hope to god there's no truth in this story.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If we sell him, i will have lost a lot of faith in the club. We need to keep our good players if we are to ever have any hope of getting anywhere. Lets show Utd that we dont have to bend over and take it any time they ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

lazy journalism chaps, dont be worried... a lad i know through one of the other forums posted this up last friday as a poll, would you swap modric for cash + carrick. The newspaper that ran this story has previously printed rumours and speculation from the same forum... Lazy Journalism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

The whole Carrick out the door thing stems from a bust up between himself and fergie after the Champions league final ( which did happen ). There was nothing more about it over the summer. Now supposedly someone was to have asked Fergie " why wasnt carrick playing " after the Burnley match to witch Fergie was to have replied " You'll have to ask him yourself " ....all of which is bü!!****. That question was never asked and never answeresd and I have from a good source ( who has a good source within United) that this is not a runner at all....so sleep easy fellow yids ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,173 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cant wait to see modric in a utd shirt

going to be a superb buy

;-) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Headshot wrote: »
    cant wait to see modric in a utd shirt

going to be a superb buy

;-) lol

I'll take the bait...but only because its not really bait at all. I see our learned friend is as Incisive and knowlegdable about the game as most of his fellow club supporters...( which as we all know is not very incisive or knowlegdable at all ). Headshot this thread is about football and its goings on so as a united fan that leaves you at a distinct disadvantage straight away seeing how most of you know fu§k all about the game and more about fitting into over sized jerseys and going down the local with the lads at the weekend ( in fairness now most united fans do have a weight problem and gladly show it off to us most weekends :D ). You could never have Modric playing for united because if you ever had to put him in a fans replica shirt it would look more like a dress. Now back to english for beginers Headshot where you have a better chance of learning something. Baaahhhaaa....blöödy sheep the lot of ya. :)

• Advertisement

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I'll take the bait...but only because its not really bait at all. I see our learned friend is as Incisive and knowlegdable about the game as most of his fellow club supporters...( which as we all know is not very incisive or knowlegdable at all ). Headshot this thread is about football and its goings on so as a united fan that leaves you at a distinct disadvantage straight away seeing how most of you know fu§k all about the game and more about fitting into over sized jerseys and going down the local with the lads at the weekend ( in fairness now most united fans do have a weight problem and gladly show it off to us most weekends :D ). You could never have Modric playing for united because if you ever had to put him in a fans replica shirt it would look more like a dress. Now back to english for beginers Headshot where you have a better chance of learning something. Baaahhhaaa....blöödy sheep the lot of ya. :)
    lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

that made me laugh

if you actually saw my post i had a ;) and a lol after it
    as if it's going to happen ,come on

I dont bait people btw,it was a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

On a serious note I cant see many transfers happen between the two clubs after the Berbatov incident if Levy is still in control.

That said Headshot if you were willing to throw silly money at us for Bentley I am sure he would gladly lighten Uniteds wallet!!

Seillejet wrote: »
    On a serious note I cant see many transfers happen between the two clubs after the Berbatov incident if Levy is still in control.

That said Headshot if you were willing to throw silly money at us for Bentley I am sure he would gladly lighten Uniteds wallet!!

:D

ahhhh no

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Saab, play nice.

Headshot, please keep your "jokes" to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

modric aside, would we want carrick back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think he'd be excellent for us. Him and Palacios in the middle would make a brilliant midfield, with Lennon on the right and either Modric (if we could get Carrick without swapping him) or A.N. Other on the left (cough Ashley Young cough cough, not that he'd come to us anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

SuprSi wrote: »
    I think he'd be excellent for us. Him and Palacios in the middle would make a brilliant midfield, with Lennon on the right and either Modric (if we could get Carrick without swapping him) or A.N. Other on the left (cough Ashley Young cough cough, not that he'd come to us anyway).
    If there's any chance at all of re-signing him on the cheap i'd take Carrick back (Hudd just as good but we need strength in depth there). I wouldn't take him back at the expense of losing Modric though!!

There maybe an interesting swap deal to be had involving Ashley Young, Jenas & Bentley - thats not a story i've read its just me saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

think i heard that modric is not interested as he is under contract. i hope their is a bit of truth in it and its levys chance to stand up to the mancs once and for all and tell hm to f#ck off and keep his red nose out of our team.

personally i think modic is better than any midfielder at manu. my opinion.

Advertisement