Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Songs / Anthems get you Pumped for the big race?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

madon wrote: »
    Now I just make lists in my head
    Put on a black wash- Iron the shirts- peel the potatoes-Football at 8 etc etc

I do that all the time in training, but surely not during a race! :eek:

I also noticed today that running to Guns and Roses (showing my age here) going round and round in your head is not conductive to easy recovery pace, but it might have been perfect for a tempo run or race. I wasn't even wearing an mp3 player, just couldn't get it out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

I do that all the time in training, but surely not during a race! :eek:

Just training:D
    I haven't run a race in a couple of decades- showing my age too now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Always like a bit of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

Sinatra's New York New York blasting over the speakers on the Verrazano bridge with 40,000 other athletes ready for the off.. It'd raise the hairs on the back of your neck

Been there. Its amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Just for this weekend. :D

When I was walking out for lunch today, found myself humming that very song & realised it was cause I'd been reading the thread on the Barcelona marathon just beforehand :)

Had one of the lactate threshold runs from the P&D plan this evening so instead of my normal podcasts had to have some loud music to keep me going, just towards the end when I was back doing the cooldown part, this song came on & I almost had to stop myself breaking into a sprint! Maybe an idea to have it on repeat play for the next marathon :p

Advertisement