Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Worst Holiday Story Ever!

• 24-08-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

My OHs parents were on Holidays at a music festival in Spain.

On the last night the group all went out for dinner in a nice resturaunt.
    They were sitting in the courtyard having their meal when all of a sudden they see something falling, hear a big splat and are covered in something red!
    They thought it was a watermelon as people had been throwing watermelons at each other earlier(I don't know why)

As my OHs dad got up to punch the head off the dope who covered him in watermelon he hears screaming and ses what it was that splattered alll over him......there is a guy who landed head first after jumping of the 20th floor of the building....

Yes he was covered in head juice and there is brains all over the table. A 90 year old man had thrown himself off the top of the building and the selfish ****er ruined their holiday!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

DigiGal wrote: »
    My OHs parents were on Holidays at a music festival in Spain.

On the last night the group all went out for dinner in a nice resturaunt.
    They were sitting in the courtyard having their meal when all of a sudden they see something falling, hear a big splat and are covered in something red!
    They thought it was a watermelon as people had been throwing watermelons at each other earlier(I don't know why)

As my OHs dad got up to punch the head off the dope who covered him in watermelon he hears screaming and ses what it was that splattered alll over him......there is a guy who landed head first after jumping of the 20th floor of the building....

Yes he was covered in head juice and there is brains all over the table. A 90 year old man had thrown himself off the top of the building and the selfish ****er ruined their holiday!

At least he went out with a bang. And a splat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

90 yr old man, 20 storey fall?

There's worse ways to go out in my opinion. And im not joking,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

There's worse ways to go out in my opinion. And im not joking,
    Yeah he was going deaf and blind
    The only thing which pisses me off is he could have killed someone below

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

did he tell them that afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Wasn't the body attached to the head?

• Advertisement

Wasn't the body attached to the head?
    am I missing the gag here

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    did he tell them that afterwards?
    awh silly.....dead people can't talk
    The police told them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Any chance it was an accident?

What is with all the suicide threads on boards in the last couple of days!!?? :confused:

am I missing the gag here

No gag, just wouldn't they have noticed the difference between a watermelon falling and a whole body falling next to them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I went to Longford once.

/Thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So there was this couple on holiday called Jerry and Kate, and they had this daughter.....

No gag, just wouldn't they have noticed the difference between a watermelon falling and a whole body falling next to them!
    Na they only saw it from the corner of their eye....maybe he was small, or watermelons in Spain are really big
    Or maybe they just didn't want to accept that they had been showered in head...denial and all that

So there was this couple on holiday called Jerry and Kate, and they had this daughter.....
    and you kidnapped her.....

Case Closed..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

A 90 year old man had thrown himself off the top of the building and the selfish ****er ruined their holiday!

Oh yeah. The poor man should have thought about ruining a couple of tourist's dinners during his hopeless state. I mean, even if you're feeling so f*cking worthless that you want to throw yourself off a building you should at least spare a thought for the tourists.

Won't somebody think of the tourists!???!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Could have been worse........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Any chance it was an accident?

It was a suicide but he pushed himself in the back to make it look like murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Oh yeah. The poor man should have thought about ruining a couple of tourist's dinners during his hopeless state. I mean, even if you're feeling so f*cking worthless that you want to throw yourself off a building you should at least spare a thought for the tourists.

Won't somebody think of the tourists!???!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if he'd landed on someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Somebody probably told him to watch his step, but that doesn't always work, does it?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Relevant wrote: »
    What if he'd landed on someone?

AND WHO WAS PHONE?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

and you kidnapped her.....

Case Closed..:D

No,the parents murdered her and dumped her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

worst holiday story.....

our idea of a holiday growing up was spending 4 days a year visiting OAP relations in i tiny little village that was from the 1800's,

i'd sit listening to dad talking to them about people who died 30 years ago,

or if i was lucky the story on how they found their watch that they lost 45 years ago, and it was in the drawer under the stairs all along

funny thing was we used to look forward too it, christ people are easily pleased when they are skint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

i heard from a friend of mine that his uncle's best friends son was on a camping trip in spain and they pushed a man off a roof because they thought it woudl be funny to see how many people he could splat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

i heard from a friend of mine that his uncle's best friends son was on a camping trip in spain and they pushed a man off a roof because they thought it woudl be funny to see how many people he could splat!

I bet that he didn't go down too well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Barry_Scott

Degsy wrote: »

Thats a bit harsh isnt it, could you not just say her parents "put her to sleep"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Thats a bit harsh isnt it, could you not just say her parents "put her to sleep"!

With a hammer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Degsy wrote: »

and got to meet the pope, oprah, and pay their mortgage with the money given to search for her.

actually... this isn't a bad story at all. for them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I'd say it's a case of all happening in an instant - they already know about the watermelons being thrown so it's a red splat, they shield themselves from the splat, instinctively stand up before hearing screaming and seeing, "Sh!t, there's a body attached to that watermelon!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This thread makes me want watermelon

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This is one of the worst of these type of responses I've seen on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I went on holiday to Mayo...
    that's it, that's my "worst holiday story ever".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

astrofool wrote: »
    This is one of the worst of these type of responses I've seen on boards.

YES!! Thats exaclty what I was doing! I hate them usual smart-alec answers so i decided to create the worst ever smart-alec anecdotly style answer! Pure Muck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

20 storeys? 90 years old?
    i'm surprised his body didn't disintegrate as he flew through the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

20 storeys and 90yrs old in Spain where they probably did not have a lift, he is 90 so he definitely didn't climb all those flights of stairs by himself. Looks like we have the old shovey fally make it look like a suicide gag going on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

netwhizkid wrote: »
    20 storeys and 90yrs old in Spain where they probably did not have a lift, he is 90 so he definitely didn't climb all those flights of stairs by himself. Looks like we have the old shovey fally make it look like a suicide gag going on here.

Sometimes those wheelchairs have a mind of their own too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Although this is something pretty horrible I think worst holiday ever is a bit extreme. One where people end up in prison for years through no fault of their own sound lots worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

YES!! Thats exaclty what I was doing! I hate them usual smart-alec answers so i decided to create the worst ever smart-alec anecdotly style answer! Pure Muck!!

Yes, I'm sure thats exactly what you were doing! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

He didn't jump, an angry husband came home early and caught him in flagrante delicto.

I blame that Bertolli Olive Oil myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

90 years old ??

I am surprised that he didn't have to stop for a piss half way down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Hol-i-day?

Does not compute????!!!!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement